supernova77

Office Cleaning Rates
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:06:42 pm »
Hello All,

I am currently putting together a quote for a small office cleaning contract... This is our first office cleaning quotation that we have had to submit.

The client wants x4 hours per week, split between 2 mornings (out of hours on a Tuesday and Friday). They also need us to supply equipment and materials.

I have come to the figure of £60 per week. This is based on x4 hours at £12 per hour = £48 + £12 per week for materials.

Does that sound sensible?

Thanks,
Andy

Re: Office Cleaning Rates
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:19:19 pm »
...They also need us to supply equipment and materials.

I have come to the figure of £60 per week. This is based on x4 hours at £12 per hour = £48 + £12 per week for materials.

Does that sound sensible?...

It depends what kind of equipment and materials you would have to provide

Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:30:51 pm »
I think £12.00 per hour is OK, and agree with A & J as to what equipment and materials you need to supply

D woods

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 01:56:26 pm »
Hi Guys
I think you would be very fortunate if you managed to get £12 per hour
for office cleaning .

shelton

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:27:19 pm »
As ever, I wouldn't let them know the number of hours or price per hour.

"It's gonna cost this much, every week."

They'll either like it or lump it.

Our rate (that we use to price jobs) doesn't differ from commercial to domestic.  We think "that'll take 3 hours per week", apply our hourly rate accordingly, multiply it up and then present the overall weekly/monthly figure to the client.

Obviously, the rate we use for this calculation is based on time, materials, staff, profit, etc .. . all rolled into one.  Then, as you get slick, it takes less time, but the cost remains constant, thereby increasing your hourly rate (if you want to think of it that way).

Works for us anyway.

;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 02:29:01 pm »
Hi Guys
I think you would be very fortunate if you managed to get £12 per hour
for office cleaning .

Why????

chris

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 03:56:01 pm »
Thanks for the replies so far :)

The type of materials would be toilet rolls, washing up liquid, bin bags, black sacks etc...

Andy

D woods

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 04:02:06 pm »
Hi Chris
I know many office cleaning contractors , and they aim to get £9.50 per hour.
They very rarely get more than £10 per hour

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »
Hi D Woods,

From my extensive research though a lot of contract cleaning companies charge more for smaller offices. I know of one company local to me who charge £15 per hour, and they are never short of work!

Andy

*Chris Browne

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 04:23:05 pm »
We charge £12.00  to £13.00 depending on location and we have more work than we can cope with ;)

chris

D woods

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 05:09:57 pm »
Hi Guys
I am talking about central London . Dont know if its the same in the rest of the UK.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 05:34:19 pm »
We charge £12.00 to £13.00 depending on location and we have more work than we can cope with ;)

chris

Thats amazing really, and linked to another post that I have just commented on, the pricing has to be based to the area which you live in.  No way could I charge that sort of money, and if I did I would not get a single job.  Most of my competitiors charges 9 to 10 pounds, the only way I can sell my company better than others is on service delivery.  The cowboys round these parts are doing it for just over minimum wage, I really dont know how they stay in business.
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

*Chris Browne

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 06:39:14 pm »
I agree, it does really depend on what area you cover,  and also what rate you pay your staff(i pay well over the minimum wage, this helps to get better and more reliable peeps! ) my charge also includes all materials and equipment, although i charge for t.rolls, paper hand towels etc, i also provide  linen once a week (which i charge extra for) £12 may seem a lot but you must take in to consideration, h.pay,  N.i, admin, petrol, supervision, cleaning materials, depreciation of equipment, insurance...etc...etc...it all mounts up ;)

chris

Paul Kettless

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 06:51:28 pm »
True Chris, but what you must also take into accounts is that I have to pay almost exactly the same costs as you, for all the items that you have mentioned, yet  we have to do it 2-3 cheaper.

Not that I am saying that we are better/cheaper than you, only that we have no choice, as the market decides our prices.

I can only assume that the main differences between us have to be wages paid to staff, and gross profit :-\
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 05:03:49 pm »
Some interesting posts here! For your ten to 15 pounds an hour what sort of area do you cover? Square feet!?

Prestige1

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 09:37:07 pm »
Very interesting how people determine their hourly rate and the reasons behind it. I just would be unable to survive if I charged less then £12 per hour my average is £14 per plus vat of course. My business is in a cash rich area but there are loads of cleaning companies doing the same as me charging a lot less. for example today I visited a couple who wanted 2hrs per week my charge was 28 plus vat for 2 girls 1hr. he had already been quoted by 2 other companies 1 charged £22 no vat the other £25 no vat, after explain to him about our service he told me he will think about it. We got a call today 4.30 he had chosen our service because his words (was more professional). I have said this before, my accountant said to me "not all business is good business) in other words don’t undervalue your service, I follow this rule always. Fill your books first keep everyone busy then adjust prices as new jobs come on board. Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

lynngc

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 10:31:57 pm »
i charge £18 per hour,
using my own cleaning materials, equipment, supplying 1 toilet roll, black bags, waste bin liners.

think this is the going rate  down my area

lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 11:49:30 pm »
Think ill move to Swansea!

cd5000

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 07:14:38 am »
£12.00 IS OK, THATS WHAT I CHARGE

STEVE
TWYFORD CLEANING SERVICES

lynngc

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 08:32:29 am »
my little motto to my clients is:

buy cheap buy often.  spend a few extra pennys and we will see you right.

my clients turn away cheap and chearfuls, my service is hard to match.

lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.