G Griffin

Re: Whys it greedy to work
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:07 am »
Well clear up the 'absolutely necessary' vagueness then. Or determine why they are introducing help for the self employed. And who it is for.

You're a confused puppy...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Boris did say that you could travel to work if it's absolutely not possible to work from home.

It is important that we don't spread fake news which is why I always include a link to a reputable website.
He said don't leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary. You keep missing that bit out.
I see that you've taken the advice but are still arguing about it. Cabin fever already?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2020, 11:34:41 am »
He said don't leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary. You keep missing that bit out.

He meant absolutely necessary for work reasons.

You confuse easily.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2020, 11:47:54 am »

I know.
Are your work reasons absolutely necessary. Yours were and now they're not. You must have some confusion if you've changed your mind from yesterday.
You're also confused about the government message. On one thread it couldn't be clearer and on another 'agree government messaging has been bad on this issue'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2020, 12:15:10 pm »
So totally open to individuals interpretation.

That’s life.

CleanClear

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:02 pm »

I know.
Are your work reasons absolutely necessary. Yours were and now they're not. You must have some confusion if you've changed your mind from yesterday.
You're also confused about the government message. On one thread it couldn't be clearer and on another 'agree government messaging has been bad on this issue'.
;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Missing Link

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2020, 12:38:59 pm »

Again, you're confused.

The government guidelines are crystal clear but the way they passed on that message - their messaging - hasn't been.

I'm always happy to clear up your confusion.

Jonny 87

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:23 pm »
Predictions are pure speculation as they always are. It's day 3 of a soft lock down in everything but name. Everybody is in the dark, not just window cleaners. I've not worked this week because I've not regarded it essential. I've stayed 100% at home. Taken all the advice and taken it seriously. How can people be so desperate after 3 days ?  I'm just going to wait and see what is offered one way or the other later today. I'll make my decision based on that rather than twisting individual ministers words to suit my own agenda.

So........... you staying off now........ but if we don’t get any offer of a handout then your going to work?

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2020, 01:05:10 pm »
Predictions are pure speculation as they always are. It's day 3 of a soft lock down in everything but name. Everybody is in the dark, not just window cleaners. I've not worked this week because I've not regarded it essential. I've stayed 100% at home. Taken all the advice and taken it seriously. How can people be so desperate after 3 days ?  I'm just going to wait and see what is offered one way or the other later today. I'll make my decision based on that rather than twisting individual ministers words to suit my own agenda.

So........... you staying off now........ but if we don’t get any offer of a handout then your going to work?
If we don't fit the criteria of assistance but other trades do then there will have to be a reason. That reason would have to be we can continue to work providing we adhere to all the safe distancing guidelines. So in that situation yes I would return to work, I would also have a valid reason to rather than my own interpretation as things stand. I really think people are wanting an argument for the sake of it. Shouldn't you be out working ?

Missing Link

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2020, 01:08:01 pm »
There's a painter painting my neighbours house right now.

He's working quietly, all alone, and no-one is around him.

Doesn't the greedy barsteward know that he's killing people?  How can he sleep at night?

I think I'll get some photos of him and shame him on social meeja!!!

Jonny 87

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2020, 01:12:51 pm »

If we don't fit the criteria of assistance but other trades do then there will have to be a reason. That reason would have to be we can continue to work providing we adhere to all the safe distancing guidelines. So in that situation yes I would return to work, I would also have a valid reason to rather than my own interpretation as things stand. I really think people are wanting an argument for the sake of it. Shouldn't you be out working ?

No arguments from me.  ;)

I just think clarity is important. Especially when ones like myself have been slated for working safely.

I’ve given myself an easier week this week and have just cherry picked the work I want to do each day. Going to see how tonight plays out.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

cat9921

AuRavelling79

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2020, 01:20:12 pm »
Well clear up the 'absolutely necessary' vagueness then. Or determine why they are introducing help for the self employed. And who it is for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Boris did say that you could travel to work if it's absolutely not possible to work from home.

It is important that we don't spread fake news which is why I always include a link to a reputable website.
I see that you've taken the advice but are still arguing about it. Cabin fever already?

Do you need to keep selling an idea after the other person has bought it, Griff?  ;)
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2020, 01:27:06 pm »

I just think clarity is important. Especially when ones like myself have been slated for working safely.

I’ve given myself an easier week this week and have just cherry picked the work I want to do each day. Going to see how tonight plays out.
Oh fair enough sorry, I thought you were trying to pick holes in my reasoning. . This appears to have split opinions. Yes I'm after clarity as well, I've been happy enough to just stay home, lots of other jobs have needed doing, well according to my missus anyhow 😭. 3 or 4 days downtime is no real biggy for me providing I know by next week whether I should be going to work or not.

davids3511

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2020, 01:28:17 pm »
I emailed my MP yesterday and got this reply -

Slacky

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2020, 01:30:50 pm »
I guess that’s work out of the question for the shirkers on here then.

G Griffin

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2020, 01:31:17 pm »

Do you need to keep selling an idea after the other person has bought it, Griff?  ;)
You're right, Malc.
But if someone's after attention I find it hard to ignore them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2020, 01:33:38 pm »
I emailed my MP yesterday and got this reply -
Yesterday?
Today's the day.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2020, 01:35:02 pm »
I guess that’s work out of the question for the shirkers on here then.
Correct.
I'm not working yesterday.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 01:36:16 pm »

Oh fair enough sorry, I thought you were trying to pick holes in my reasoning. . This appears to have split opinions. Yes I'm after clarity as well, I've been happy enough to just stay home, lots of other jobs have needed doing, well according to my missus anyhow 😭. 3 or 4 days downtime is no real biggy for me providing I know by next week whether I should be going to work or not.

You and me both.

Peace and love.  ✌🏼

Missing Link

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2020, 01:45:48 pm »
Just listening to yesterday's PM's briefing.

Professor Chris Whitty (Chief Medical Advisor) says the modelling they've done takes into account that a lot of people will still go to work, but where it's discretionary, he wants them working from home. 

He goes onto say that many of the things we're going to be asked to do will have to be done over a sustained period of time. And if they make things too difficult, too early, it won't be sustainable.

Professor Vallance (Cheif Scientific Officer) says the best way to break transmissions of the virus is for people to stay in their house.  But that's not possible for everyone and goes onto talk about the 2 metre rule.

The PM says he is not closing down the economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000h4zl/briefings-downing-street-coronavirus-news-conference-25032020