Re: Whys it greedy to work
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 09:41:35 am »
So totally open to individuals interpretation.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2020, 09:43:47 am »
What surprises me, is that going to work for a week is more important than the virus and saving the NHS.

Who said that?

Maybe actions speak louder than words?
It's a game of three halves!

Missing Link

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2020, 09:45:47 am »

The actions say "window cleaners who work safely following government guidelines understand the information presented by the government and aren't a threat to people".

Life's a bit like a Rorschach test.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2020, 09:56:30 am »
So totally open to individuals interpretation.

No.  Government advice can't be clearer.

There is a problem with government messaging though.

Tomo

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2020, 09:56:57 am »
I hope I'm  wrong but my prediction is that those compensated today or put on 80%  will be hair dressers barbers etc  ....child minders etc  massuers and anyone who basically cannot avoid or implement the 2 meter rule. We are possibly on our own guys long with gardeners and other outdoor workers who once again can effectively implement the social distancing.....let's see what sunak says later.

Missing Link

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2020, 10:02:08 am »
I hope I'm  wrong but my prediction is that those compensated today or put on 80%  will be hair dressers barbers etc  ....child minders etc  massuers and anyone who basically cannot avoid or implement the 2 meter rule. We are possibly on our own guys long with gardeners and other outdoor workers who once again can effectively implement the social distancing.....let's see what sunak says later.

Hopefully it won't be as black and white as that.  There will be window cleaners who did a large amount of work in shopping malls and other businesses that are now closed.

They're the ones that are really in the cack and I hope they get some help.

JV Price has closed down for the time being.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2020, 10:05:33 am »

The actions say "window cleaners who work safely following government guidelines understand the information presented by the government and aren't a threat to people".

Life's a bit like a Rorschach test.

Indeed.

The actions may say that but they may say something else.

deeege

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2020, 10:07:27 am »

Hopefully it won't be as black and white as that.  There will be window cleaners who did a large amount of work in shopping malls and other businesses that are now closed.

I’m in that category also. I have around 100 domestics but 60-70% of my monthly income is now on hold for the foreseeable.

How they’d be able to distinguish between what can and can’t be done I have no idea.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09:05 am »
Maybe they will give everyone a blanket sum for the next two weeks and review after that?

Tomo

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2020, 10:10:21 am »
Maybe they will give everyone a blanket sum for the next two weeks and review after that?

I’m in that category also. I have around 100 domestics but 60-70% of my monthly income is now on hold for the foreseeable.

How they’d be able to distinguish between what can and can’t be done I have no idea.

I hope like I said that all of us are catered for but let's see what happens

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2020, 10:16:04 am »
Predictions are pure speculation as they always are. It's day 3 of a soft lock down in everything but name. Everybody is in the dark, not just window cleaners. I've not worked this week because I've not regarded it essential. I've stayed 100% at home. Taken all the advice and taken it seriously. How can people be so desperate after 3 days ?  I'm just going to wait and see what is offered one way or the other later today. I'll make my decision based on that rather than twisting individual ministers words to suit my own agenda.

Missing Link

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2020, 10:18:47 am »

I think they'll let everyone claim on the basis of their previous tax returns.  But even then that's not so straight forward.

Think about the guys who rent a premise.  That gets deducted from turnover and profit is calculated on after deductions.

So the government pays out 80% of the declared profits, yet guys will still have to pay rent on their premises (or van loans).

It is a complicated nut to crack and a universal income would've been much simpler to apply I think.

deeege

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2020, 10:24:03 am »
I’ve a feeling there’s going to be a lot of unhappy people on here this evening.

I hope you’ve all got your tanks filled and scrims washed ready for tomorrow.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Missing Link

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2020, 10:26:49 am »
I’ve a feeling there’s going to be a lot of unhappy people on here this evening.

I've crumpled; we're taking a couple of weeks off.

Going to concentrate on some photography.

Standby for plenty of naked selfies of me and my cat.

deeege

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31:32 am »

Oh please no!

I’m taking next week off also, I’ll have a week or so of domestics the week after but then I’m out of work for a couple weeks.

p1w1

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2020, 10:37:56 am »

I'm going to risk it at work now  ;D

james peters

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2020, 10:53:55 am »
here is my situation.
I went to work on Monday, and for the most part it was positive , I would say that most of my customers were ok, nearly all are very wealthy or retired.
I have savings , whilst I am only 48, my savings are a fund that I am trying to build for my retirement, even though I would like to work after the retirement age.
I have decided not to work because it just doesn't feel right for ME.
My partner is a nurse on a renal ward, where they have beds ready for corona cases. she is of the opinion that I should stay home as my work is not essential for US.
I consider my situation very fortunate.
whilst I am of the opinion that we should all stay of work, I TOTALY understand why people are working.
I have in the past been through a divorce where I had to live on my own and pay maintenance to my ex even though the children lived with me mostly.   it was a massive struggle, and being honest about it if this had happened back then, I would have had no choice other than to work.
this whole situation is extremely difficult for everyone 

G Griffin

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2020, 11:02:42 am »
They will offer us something (unless you're wealthy).
Or allow us back to work.

No one has told you you are NOT allowed to work.
Apart from some of the ill informed i suppose?
Well clear up the 'absolutely necessary' vagueness then. Or determine why they are introducing help for the self employed. And who it is for.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2020, 11:10:07 am »
Well clear up the 'absolutely necessary' vagueness then. Or determine why they are introducing help for the self employed. And who it is for.

You're a confused puppy...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Boris did say that you could travel to work if it's absolutely not possible to work from home.

It is important that we don't spread fake news which is why I always include a link to a reputable website.

gary999

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2020, 11:12:52 am »
Never changes on here , oh well i suppose it's different than talking about potential drought orders because
the Sun has been out for 5minutes ;D