Arrigent customers
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:57:11 pm »
I have had a day full today. I think of arrogant customers. We might only be window cleaner but still have pride and self worth.I have a customer over the phone telling me how I should run my business and what my service should be. I was so annoyed with this fool. I ash him if be had ever cleaned a window or worked in the winter rain.I asked him what made him feel he could tell me how to treat my customers. He said he was a chef turned teacher. I told him. I was universality grad turned window cleaner with 45 years in business.
 I am not trying to insult anyone but I really don`t understand the class system. That some  one are so arrogant  they feel they know better  than you at your own job just because they think they are further up the food chain. Unfortunately I was never taught to shut up and be subservient, I do not mind to serve but slave,  no. I don`t get me wrong I have no grief with people who respect you and me them, But self appointed important snobs I draw the line. I feel better already. ??? ???

andyjm1

Re: Arrigent customers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »
The best thing about being self employed is you can choose how long you want to put up with people you dislike.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25:25 pm »
 I agree it just the peeps so full of it. I must admit I do not understand the cheek.

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 08:35:24 pm »
I have had a day full today. I think of arrogant customers. We might only be window cleaner but still have pride and self worth.I have a customer over the phone telling me how I should run my business and what my service should be. I was so annoyed with this fool. I ash him if be had ever cleaned a window or worked in the winter rain.I asked him what made him feel he could tell me how to treat my customers. He said he was a chef turned teacher. I told him. I was universality grad turned window cleaner with 45 years in business.
 I am not trying to insult anyone but I really don`t understand the class system. That some  one are so arrogant  they feel they know better  than you at your own job just because they think they are further up the food chain. Unfortunately I was never taught to shut up and be subservient, I do not mind to serve but slave,  no. I don`t get me wrong I have no grief with people who respect you and me them, But self appointed important snobs I draw the line. I feel better already. ??? ???

I said the same thing to my butler today, as he tied my shoelace.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:35:39 pm »
I would have politely thanked him for his advise.

I would also have put him on the clean during any weather list and then waited for the reaction as I would always try to clean them in inclement weather. Sometimes you have to wait a while for the wheel to come round again and sometimes you need to give that wheel a push.

I love the sales people who come up to me in the store and ask me if they can be of any help. I just tell them that I'm beyond help and then watch to see their reaction. They put themselves in a dead end position. But they never learn as they usually head off and ask the next person the same question.  The wife gets very embarrassed and now refuses to take me shopping with her - another little bonus tbh.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:47:25 pm »
I can't comment without more details.

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:07:22 pm »
The best thing about being self employed is you can choose how long you want to put up with people you dislike.  ;)
thats so true, but the question is did he have any good ideas ?
I don't react we'll to people talking down to me. If they judge a book by its cover its their lookout, smile knowing what you know, I try to do this now where possible
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:12:45 pm »

That's a clever attitude; I sometimes try to do it and listen to criticism (normally from Wor Lass) with an open mind to hear if there's any truth in it, but my default setting is "Nah, I'm smarter than them, they just don't understand the bigger picture!". :'(

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:25 pm »

That's a clever attitude; I sometimes try to do it and listen to criticism (normally from Wor Lass) with an open mind to hear if there's any truth in it, but my default setting is "Nah, I'm smarter than them, they just don't understand the bigger picture!". :'(

Thank you Tosh, I think that's the nicest compliment you've given me so far, always try to do it as everything's a learning curve.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 10:36:54 pm »
OP- don't you just wish he would drop dead?  I know I would.

Not that is any connection between my brain cell(s) and what happens IRL.

Honest - when I wipe my bottom, it's pure chance that I happen to have some newspaper in my hand at the moment.

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »
It's not just me then Slumpy dog :D

Just posted similar today "Am I miserable"

Do im "Midsummer murder style'ee"
Shovel over bonce in his garden.

Or get sunday sport and fill in the him to her make over fashion shoot application form.

I've been told :-X

Don't let him get you down Slumpy ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 11:03:08 pm »
It's not just me then Slumpy dog :D

Just posted similar today "Am I miserable"

Do im "Midsummer murder style'ee"
Shovel over bonce in his garden.

Or get sunday sport and fill in the him to her make over fashion shoot application form.

I've been told :-X

Don't let him get you down Slumpy ;)
it's not personal it's business,  I think we all get this muddled way to often.

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 11:08:22 pm »
window cleaning is a personal business ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 11:10:40 pm »
Best tip I ever got on here was by the guy who called himself Pingu, cleaned in Holland I believe.
He said to wait 24 hours before acting. Saved me dumping a few customers. Often your initial reaction is rage but after a day or two you calm down and often see things in a different light.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:52 pm »
I remember Pingu.

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 11:15:51 pm »
Dave somebody. I wonder what happened to him? Probably got banned for impersonating a penguin.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:27 pm »
He got his finger stuck in a d**e... thereafter it was mayhem.

Washing Windows

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19:13 pm »
I like rude customers... they pay more. ;)

Duncan

CleanClear

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »
. I told him. I was universality grad turned window cleaner with 45 years in business.

You should of put it all in riting to him and gave him a bigger laugh . That'll teech hymn to bee so arrigent. These people make my blud boil, dey think we're all thick.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 01:57:29 am »
This fool forgot to cancel as he does not have the decency to cancel and then blames me for cleaning the windows as I should have rang the door bell so he could do what he should of done the day before. Cancel as agreed 8 weeks before.My terms are quite clear on the back of my invoices. But all of use are scum and only deserve the crumbs of the table.I have sat at both sides of the table and humble pie is not to my liking.