Bungle

Booster Pump Position
« on: July 09, 2020, 05:42:58 pm »
Just read on the other forum that someone is having problems with a hose blasting off. He is saying his booster pump is before the pre filters. Others have come on and said that the booster should be after the pre filters. My booster is before pre filters and have never thought about putting it after the pre filters. Where is your booster?
We look at them, they look through them.

Phil J

Re: Booster Pump Position
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 08:08:33 pm »
Before the pre filters and ro

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 08:18:14 pm »
Before as well
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 08:22:14 pm »
Mine is after pre filters. I'd always been lead to believe that was the correct way - the pre filters are then protecting both the pump and the ro.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46:24 pm »
Protecting it from what? ( not a fasicious question )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 10:17:53 pm »
I doubt that many of us have mains pressure as high as 80PSI, but if you did what then?
As long as your system holds up under the pressure I don't think it matters. I ran mine for years with the pump in front of the prefilters with no issues.  Then I bought a new RO and the prefilters on the new one wouldn't hold under the pressure of the booster pump without doing then up ridiculously tight . Only then did I reposition it behind the prefilters.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 05:47:36 am »
Mine is

Tap——>booster pump——>pre filters——>Ro

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 07:15:09 am »
Mine is tap - sediment filter - Booster Pump - pre filter - RO

david mark

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 05:19:54 pm »