Andy Hogarth

Safe contractor
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:56:08 pm »
A client of ours is asking us to join safe contractor to continue using us... no big deal just a bit of admin and ballache 🤣

But as we will have SC what are the benefits, does anyone here have it and does it bring in work/help get Bigger jobs etc
Www.2venturegroup.com

Mr Dvae

Re: Safe contractor
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:48:22 pm »
Unfortunately your client has probably been  had, not that they would believe you even though you are telling the truth.
There are so many of these so called  schemes from many companies whom charge hundreds of pounds to “vet” contractors for companies. We’ve been asked to join them to become approved to work for some larger companies,  and they’ve not even checked our credentials but charged  £££ to put us on their list.
After all if your client can’t be bothered to check you out then they deserve to be hoodwinked.
Only my opinion.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 11:42:51 pm »
It’s a big client though, the cost of joining safecontractor is pennies compared
To what we earn from them, it’s a no brainier to get the accreditation to keep the work.

But I just wanted to see if anyone lands work from having Sc, does it open doors to tender etc?
Www.2venturegroup.com

Mr Dvae

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:46:00 am »
Andy, I’ve been in your situation, and you have to go with the flow. However I’ve always found that the only thing that opens doors is knocking on them.   Having said that, sf may help you keep them open.