dazmond

Re: decent battery charger with croc clips?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 08:06:00 pm »
cheers jonny.ive ordered the CTEK MXS 10 charger from grippa.(it can be used to charge/maintain batteries up to 300ah).my 2 are 210ah altogether.

yours is only rated up to 160ah so i dont think that would charge my 2 batteries up.

cheers anyway fella. ;)
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 08:08:18 pm »
cheers jonny.ive ordered the CTEK MXS 10 charger from grippa.(it can be used to charge/maintain batteries up to 300ah).my 2 are 210ah altogether.

yours is only rated up to 160ah so i dont think that would charge my 2 batteries up.

cheers anyway fella. ;)

No worries mate. I use the mxs 5, but I recommended you get the 7. That’s good to about 220 Amps I think.

The 10 will be great! Was just trying to save you a few bob.  ;)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

brianbarber

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 09:15:18 pm »
Don't know what you didn't get this fitted inside your van whilst you were at grippatank.....
Then no poncing about connecting, it's all plumbed in you just plug in the lead from mains
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 09:17:58 pm »

cant be arsed with that.i think ill buy  a  CTEC charger thats rated up to 300ah and stick that on one of the batteries
Yep, i'd agree. Funny how you where not told that. If you think saying Grippa are nice guys and have great service then it may fool some people...but not me. You've had a faff because they couldn't sort out your fuel feed and now you can't charge your batteries...... ever get the feeling you where a Guinea Pig ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 09:39:11 pm »

cheers anyway fella. ;)

No worries mate. I use the mxs 5, but I recommended you get the 7. That’s good to about 220 Amps I think.

no its not mate.the 7 is rated to charge batteries up to 160ah.thats why i went for the 10. :)

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 09:51:35 pm »

cant be arsed with that.i think ill buy  a  CTEC charger thats rated up to 300ah and stick that on one of the batteries
Yep, i'd agree. Funny how you where not told that. If you think saying Grippa are nice guys and have great service then it may fool some people...but not me. You've had a faff because they couldn't sort out your fuel feed and now you can't charge your batteries...... ever get the feeling you where a Guinea Pig ?

the fuel feed was a genuine ford thing not a grippa problem but they wont be testing these heaters out on  vehicles without making sure that they are running properly with the engine off thats for sure! (esp if they live 175 miles away! ;D)from now on.

they ve fitted hundreds of these vans out with diesel heaters over the last few years and never come across this problem.just unlucky i guess.

as for the battery charging.oliver said it might be a good idea to charge them once a week if you dont do much mileage.i thought my halfords one would do it TBH but i was wrong.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:46 pm »
Don't know what you didn't get this fitted inside your van whilst you were at grippatank.....
Then no poncing about connecting, it's all plumbed in you just plug in the lead from mains

it never even crossed my mind mate as ive never had any experience with diesel heaters before

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 10:01:12 pm »

cheers anyway fella. ;)

no its not mate.the 7 is rated to charge batteries up to 160ah.thats why i went for the 10. :)

Just noticed that actually, but above it on the tech specs says it can maintain charged batteries up to 225amp. Guess it depends what there definition of “charged”.

Either way you are well covered with the 10. Ctek are awesome.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2017, 06:22:00 pm »
ive ordered the numax 20A battery charger instead jonny.spoke to grippa today and oliver recommends this one as the ctek charger would take over 20 hours to fully charge two 105ah batteries!the numax one will do it in half the time(10 and a half hours). ;D

happy days ;D

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »
Did I not say you needed a 20 amp charger posts and posts ago  ::)roll    ;)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »
In fact 27 posts ago , but hey , who's counting  ;D ;D ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 06:33:20 pm »
ive ordered the numax 20A battery charger instead jonny.spoke to grippa today and oliver recommends this one as the ctek charger would take over 20 hours to fully charge two 105ah batteries!the numax one will do it in half the time(10 and a half hours). ;D

happy days ;D

Got a link bud?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 06:40:20 pm »

happy days ;D

??? ??? ??? , But if he knew that , why did he not tell you you didnt have a hope in hell with what you originally had to charge with ?

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 06:44:03 pm »
You could have goosed 2 decent batteries there Daz , should Oliver not be making purchasers aware that this has to be a purchase to go with the supplied package as standard practice ?

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 09:56:00 pm »

happy days ;D

Got a link bud?

its on the grippatank website mate.it even says "recommended for our hot systems".i just missed it! ::)roll ;D

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:53 pm »
Did I not say you needed a 20 amp charger posts and posts ago  ::)roll    ;)

sorry rich i must of missed that post for some reason

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2017, 10:02:12 pm »
You could have goosed 2 decent batteries there Daz , should Oliver not be making purchasers aware that this has to be a purchase to go with the supplied package as standard practice ?

i think it should be part of the package with the money they charge for the hot systems.retro fit or not.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2017, 10:17:11 pm »

i think it should be part of the package with the money they charge for the hot systems.retro fit or not.

Thanks.  Looks like the charges have changed on their website since I last looked.

I was told after I had battery concerns that I might need to upgrade my installed charger for it to fully charge over night.   Shame this was mentioned after the install as I probably would have added it to the order.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »

Thanks.  Looks like the charges have changed on their website since I last looked.

I was told after I had battery concerns that I might need to upgrade my installed charger for it to fully charge over night.   Shame this was mentioned after the install as I probably would have added it to the order.

they ve now took down the ctek charger from their website  i had originally ordered yesterday.just the numax ones on their site now(one for cold and one for hot)10amp and 20amp respectively.