mark.laycock1@ntlw

omnipole vac
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »
hi guys,

whos got one? how do you advertise it? and is getting the camera system the best thing to show customers etc and a good one.
mark

free2flow

Re: omnipole vac
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 05:00:24 pm »
Hi Mark

I was hoping you would get a response to your post as I am interested in this system as well.

Rob
The pen is mightier than the sword..and easier to write with!

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 05:53:56 pm »
hi rob,

where are you from? yes its going to be a add on for me just something to look at and do. how are you going to market yours.

mark
mark

gutterman

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:01:30 pm »
 For Marketing purposes you need a decent website- currently getting at least 10-16 hits per day for gutter cleaning, also had 10k Leaflets produce highlighting value of gutter cleaning and then entice custy to follow up yearly.

Have now had 3 decent commercial gutter cleans that have now more than paid for my system incl camera.

At one point was going to give up on gutter cleaning due to other commitments- but with all the rain lately have been busy.

Have also done a number of gutter repairs as an add on.

Commercial gutters are hard with the vac and will now be considering cherry pick or upright lift.

six units to do this week at £1200  should take around 3 days to complete and repeat business every yr

free2flow

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 10:20:59 pm »
Gutterman

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. You seem to be doing well with this system.

Mark..I'm from West Sussex so no chance of treading on each others toes.

As for marketing, pretty much the same as Gutterman has already suggested. I was just interested to see if anybody came up with a different form of marketing that was successful.

Rob

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 07:49:48 am »
thanks gutterman have you any leaflets you could e-mail me. is it a good system the vac?

rob, its ok where you are wasnt worry about stepping on toes just if you needed any help. is the vac good then.

mark
mark

free2flow

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 09:48:45 am »
Mark.. I've been to omnipole to see a demo and tried it myself, I would say that it's definately up to the job. I'm hoping to get started in October when hopefully I will have done all my homework on the equipment. If you already have a generator then fine, if not I would suggest the Loncin LC6500 which can be found on ebay. There are a few people who use this forum that would recommend it and it's cheaper than the one omnipole sell. As for a camera, try this:

www.4kam.com

Again, much cheaper than omnipole and better cam.

Rob

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 10:39:29 am »
hi rob,

looked at that website which camera are you getting ? also any leaflets yet .

mark
mark

free2flow

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 12:11:33 pm »
Hi Mark

I'm getting the 46kam bullet camera that's packaged with the 4kam DV3 XT DVR. Its priced at £269.99 +p&p

http://www.4kam.com/bike_camera_motorcycle_cam_packages.htm

Leaflets: www.1-2-print.co.uk

Had 5000 done and intend getting them out in the next couple of weeks. Have also managed to secure a 40 building job with local Housing Association to start in October, so things looking good at the moment.

All the best
Rob

drive surgeon

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:24 pm »
seen a guy in cheshire with vac doing a 4 bed detached, 4 sides and he charged £180 for gutters to be sucked clean. :)  it took him 1 hour 45 mins he said, but he did have a big van with "stan the gutter vac man" written on it and looked good.  :-X

free2flow

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:57:42 pm »
There is obviously work out there so it's just a case of finding it. Of course, it could depend on which part of the country you live in as well. Some areas may be better than others.

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 01:00:48 pm »
hi rob, could you send me your leaflet to my email thanks mark.

just in contact now carmera people for a price will that recored it to?

mark
mark

drive surgeon

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 01:13:32 pm »
you dont need to pay out all that money on camera for domestic work. but if you are going to concentrate on commercial then yeah you do.  you can expect to earn 500 a day on commercial gutter cleans. domestic 300 a day.

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 01:27:32 pm »
camera will be good show the customer before and after. plus saves you getting your ladders out.

so ds how you got yours? and how much do you want to pay for a whrilaway
mark

drive surgeon

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 01:44:33 pm »
for domestic i use a  motorcycle mirror on a extandable lance, it works a treat.  you dont need a cam for domestic use.  mrs jones the old lady down the road does not want a pic she just wants the sludge sucked out her gutters.  just walk around the house with pole, tell her how much based on how bad they are, then get sucking!!!

drive surgeon

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 01:47:44 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVePsOrVM5E

get suckin!!  who needs a cam.  ::)

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 02:03:25 pm »
so if i came to yours to clean the gutters and got my gear out and walked up and down your path with my vac and said to you thanks thats £80 please not knowing what i have done etc you would pay up??

mark

drive surgeon

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 02:12:46 pm »
no.  you show the custy with the mirror whats in there, then if they think they need doing  you tell them how much.  they wont agree unless you show them.

drive surgeon

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 02:15:44 pm »
so are you going to pay £300 for cam, £1000 for omnivac, £50 for electric artic cable, £200 for for flyers?

make your own vac and use a mirror, its cheaper and just as good. even the poles are better then omnipoles as they are lighter.  :D

drive surgeon

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 02:42:43 pm »
mark is your company called ntlw pressure washing?