Re: OVEN CLEANING COURSE OR NOT?
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 07:07:23 am »
Oven Cleanser

Had a look at your website, some very neat cleaning from your Gallery.

So as you seem to be the expert, can I ask then a few questions?.

if the answer is yes here they are

1. Are you saying that on self cleaning ovens the cleaning is the same as on an standard conventional oven and you can use the same chemical and wire wool or brush and wont damage the surface. (Care taken of course)

2. Where do you purchase the oven cleaning dip tank from? The one thats in the van.. Any chance of letting us know.

3. We have several chemical suppliers, they all sell oven cleaning products caustic and non caustic. You can apply tem with a brush or spray on Is there actually a secret ingredient or is it just plain hard work and labour.

Any tips would be fantastic as I would love to get more involved with oven cleaning. I do want to do a course especially on self cleaning ovens. Ive never even seen one inside.

I have cleaned standard ovens, Argas, Hobs just never touch as self cleaner as I read you can damage them easily.

Dave

thanks

Dave

Bill1903

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 09:57:28 am »
I dont use any chemicals on self cleaning panels-just hot soapy water and a nylon brush.
I got my cleaning tank as part of a training package

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 12:13:14 pm »
Hi Bill

Whats the name / Make and model of the tanks then?

I know the tanks cost around £600

Dave

Bill1903

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 12:37:54 pm »
No name or model number

Any aluminium fabricator would be able to make you one

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 01:02:05 pm »
Hi Bill,

Yes true but is not heated?

Dave

Bill1903

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 03:53:40 pm »
Hi Bill,

Yes true but is not heated?

Dave

Yes it has a large propane burner-i'll try and find the make of that for you

captain j

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 09:32:31 pm »
Hi
 I myself paid for a traing course that included all the equipment necessary, There are several companies now offering this training but as with everything look carefully at what you are getting for the cost, some charge nearly 2 grand for the training then an extra 1 grand for the equipment. In my experience oven cleaning will not make you a millionaire u and you need to offer other services as well which I am actively looking at due to a sudden slow down in work.

Thanks Jason

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 12:08:26 am »
I know a couse that cost £250 it's for one day and the company has been going for some time. They can get you the all important Dip Tank as well. The company is also selling these courses on ebay so you can ask him questions there. I never understood why some companies were charging £2000 for a five day course and £1000 for a tank. I have been cleaning ovens for years all I need was the tank to speed things up. Check this guy out!
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

SteveAllan

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 04:51:06 pm »
Id be pretty unsure of the guy who has only done one days training - gets trained on Monday, first job on Tuesday is a 4 oven Aga with side module, next job Neff double oven with a triple glazed door? I certainly wouldnt want him doing mine.
Very unlikely to have covered this in one day never mind all the other bits and bobs you need to know about other than cleaning them.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »
In that case, a week's not long enough either, there are thousands of oven types and it's rare you come accross two alike! It's all about knowing your own limitations and if someone presents you with a job you are unsure about, you'd be wise to decline the work....

captain j

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 09:18:27 pm »
My course was not a one day course but spread over 3 days with the option  of either re-visiting free of charge to cover anything I'm unsure of or telephone support if required. Agree that no 2 ovens are the same but as long as you are confident enough to strip down the door to remove the glass and all the side panels and fans if they have one then you shouldn't have a problem as long as you use the right chemicals and plenty of elbow grease. Problem with most of the week long courses is that you will never cover every type of oven - I did an AGA but I haven't touched one since so the telephone support may be of use then- but they also cover marketing,accounts,sales all of which you could do at your local business link free of charge but they will probably spend a day or two teaching you so your week has just been reduced to 3 days.

Thanks Jason

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 10:58:42 am »
Interesting to hear all the varied views about the various oven you need to learn to clean. From my experience, the main differences are make (brand name), Gas or Electric, Dual Fuel, Free Standing or Fitted. Now if you pull one fitted down they are more than likely the same, if you pull one free standing down they are more than likely the same. Now be careful when it comes to the electrical wires, dual fuel machines sometimes have two plugs or spurs or one plug and one spur, carry extra 3 and 5AMP fuses. Switch off before stripping.

Hoods, well again they vary, but what can you do apart from grease and filter change? I do industrial and residential kitchen cleaning and I know for a fact you don't need 5 days training for £2000 to clean domestic ovens. I know people cleaning ovens using dip tank with dish washer tablets not green chemicals or expensive chemicals and they are getting the results.

Basically I could go on and on, but a two day course is all that is needed and a dip tank. £250.00 + an IICRC 160  questions exam (what a waste)
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 11:45:22 am »
Goldfinch,

Where did you get your dip tank from?

Dave

Bill1903

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 08:12:47 pm »
Goldfinch,

Where did you get your dip tank from?

Dave

Did you get those pics of my Bath Dave?

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 06:10:41 am »
Bill,

Yes got them the other day, thanks very much.

I know someone I think who could make that, and I know the burners that you have as well, there used in the mobile catering industry.

Thanks for taking the time to take and send me those pics.

Really was appreciated.

Sorry for late reply I have been in the CC forum over the last few days.

Once again thanks

Dave

Bill1903

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 01:04:01 pm »
Ive answered your other questions in my email