Re: oven cleaning???????
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 09:53:54 pm »
Hi,
Just a query. Is this work domestic or is it mostly commercial, ie cafe's etc. I couldn't see folk around here (Fife, Scotland). paying £45 for a clean oven,
Regards,
Ron

U can use this on domestic cleaning  commercial what ever you want to clean with it mate  ;)

Alan Rowley

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 10:14:40 pm »
I couldn't see folk around here (Fife, Scotland). paying £45 for a clean oven,

I asked one of my staff, who hates cleaning her oven at home, if she would pay £45 to have it done. She said 'no way'. She did say something that made me think though - she said everyone she knows hates cleaning ovens, so I guess there must be plenty of people out there who would pay £45.

Scotbrite

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 10:34:11 pm »
Hi, Sorry i should have been clearer with my post, i meant was the price of £45 for a domestic oven,
Cheers,
Ron

paul macca

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 10:37:41 pm »
In Newcastle there are at least five oven cleaning companies and no way do any have forward order books full for over 4 months.If Martins oven cleaning friends area ( Brighton ) is that lucrative I am certainly thinking about opening a branch there.
Apart from peak periods when booked for two weeks forward, the norm is usually 8-10 per week.When starting off it takes a lot of marketing to reach this level.Eventually repeat business is good ,but more likley to be every 10-12 months than every 6 months.
A "proper" clean is very hard work.I dont actually do it myself as my brother in law runs it but I own the business and take care of the marketing side.

Paul

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 11:46:45 pm »
In Newcastle there are at least five oven cleaning companies and no way do any have forward order books full for over 4 months.If Martins oven cleaning friends area ( Brighton ) is that lucrative I am certainly thinking about opening a branch there.
Apart from peak periods when booked for two weeks forward, the norm is usu

ally 8-10 per week.When starting off it takes a lot of marketing to reach this level.Eventually repeat business is good ,but more likley to be every 10-12 months than every 6 months.
A "proper" clean is very hard work.I dont actually do it myself as my brother in law runs it but I own the business and take care of the marketing side.

Paul

May i say we are in the south and i had a oven cleaning comapny and 90% of our custmers booked in for 2 cleans per year ,,,all recleans take about 1 and half hours ,,so thats where the money is to be made ,,,and for hard work i dont think so but depends on what you say is hard work,, :) imo

paul macca

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 08:50:40 am »
The South is a completely different market to the North.My points were based on the Northern market as I find it, yours on the South. Hard work because we use all non caustic cleaning materials as our selling point hence more elbow grease required. Never had a complaint yet and on numerious occasions had to go and clean an oven after other companies havent cleaned them properly. I guess this is what happens when companies try to do to many in one day.
Other point I was trying to put across was not to kid anyone into thinking it was a easy path to riches ( ie certain company booked 4-6 months ahead) because its not.
Paul   

Jonny jones

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 11:41:48 pm »
hi guys, 

right then got my tank on order,  what chemicals do i need, preferably non toxic, and non caustic,
ive seen a video with the ovenu franchise and the bloke uses a green gel, where can i get it or similar,

what type of brushes do i need? 

and if i do the oven inside do i do the hob and the outside around the dials? ???
eg. if its a free standing cooker do i pull it out and do i degrease the sides? ???

thanx jonny ;D

paul macca

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 02:27:10 pm »
The green gel is more than likley Fairy liquid or similar.
Going by your questions I suggest you invest a few hundred quid on training.
The guy who trains you will also tell you where to get the materials.

good luck

Paul  ;)

Jonny jones

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 03:45:48 pm »
i have requested detail from the oven cleaning school.

see what they say

clifford123

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 10:24:22 pm »
been waiting for someone to recommend training.........a must..to many pitfalls

dave

Art

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 12:07:40 am »
hi guys, 

right then got my tank on order,  what chemicals do i need, preferably non toxic, and non caustic,
ive seen a video with the ovenu franchise and the bloke uses a green gel, where can i get it or similar,

what type of brushes do i need? 

and if i do the oven inside do i do the hob and the outside around the dials? ???
eg. if its a free standing cooker do i pull it out and do i degrease the sides? ???

thanx jonny ;D

Jonny, where did you order the tank from?

Jonny jones

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 11:52:12 am »
hi art.

a fabriacator friend of mine is doing it for me,  dont know how much he will charge yet and dont know how it will turn out,   

i just told him what i wanted gave him measurements and he said fine, give me a couple of weeks and call me.

cheers jonny

merlin

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 01:50:52 pm »
hi there please could you send me the same info  :) thanks carol

Jonny jones

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 11:00:54 am »
hi guys and gals.

looked on web for prices for courses to do oven cleaning, because dont really want to go into this field with my eyes closed, because my feeling is if i do this properly in the area i live this can be very very very very lucrative,

if seen prices from £500 to £3000 ,  :o they are all offering very similar courses but the top price range inclues the chemicals and tanks,

has anybody seen any other cheaper courses or does anybody do any cheaper,  all i want is advice on chemicals, and the method for cleaning. ???

i live in north wales and willing to travel to north west or closer. ;D

thanx jonny ;D

Art

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 12:42:33 pm »
Hi Jonny,

There was a guy on here last year offering to train people.

Sorry can't remember his name but it might be worth doing a search.

Arthur

clifford123

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2008, 04:05:40 am »
jonney......without a doubt the best way is to go out with someone who is already doing it.....i think it would be fair to say that someone on your own doorstep would be reluctant for obvious reasons unless he/she is looking for some sort of partnership ???...so look in yellow pages or google or whatever and find someone,,say 50 miles away and give them a bell....if your lucky it might only cost you the price of a couple of bacon rolls.... ::)
dave c ...ovenking

Jonny jones

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2008, 05:27:57 pm »
thanx ovenking  ill give that a go.

cheers jonny

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 10:40:04 am »
if anyone wants new  oven cleaning packages email me on info@cleanandshinemk.co.uk

rgs