BSF

Re: Can anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 09:15:12 pm »
Thanx ;D
Regards

BSF

KEEP IT KLEAN

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 07:51:03 am »
try the nilfisk viking,
good value, small, lightweight and very powerful suction, brilliant

*Chris Browne

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 08:43:50 am »
victor v9

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

DP

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 06:12:22 pm »
Curious as I was just about to buy an upright for the first time and was looking at the Sebo and the Lindhaus. The whole point was to get the extra width either 46cm or the 50cm for a large area of office carpet, otherwise we use Henry's everywhere.

I shall go look and see if the nilco have a wide head version.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

BSF

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 08:30:35 pm »
Curious as I was just about to buy an upright for the first time and was looking at the Sebo and the Lindhaus. The whole point was to get the extra width either 46cm or the 50cm for a large area of office carpet, otherwise we use Henry's everywhere.

I shall go look and see if the nilco have a wide head version.

Nilco do a 46cm version, the sponsers of this site sell them ;D
Regards

BSF

DP

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 09:26:02 pm »
Many Thanks Mr V, thats something else I have learnt today :)

Added on the 8/5/06

and thankyou  BSF

Cinders

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 03:15:44 pm »
I too am looking to buy a hoover but im only doing domestic cleans at the moment....the Henry seems to be a good little buy so far but what model number?
I was hoping i could get a bagless vacuum though....what is the general opinion on these and domestic cleans?
Thanks
If you pay peanuts you get a monkey!

Ali_D

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 04:01:09 pm »
I might be wrong but I think the bagless generally come with a filter, which are a pain in the neck.  Everyone I have had has overheated when the filter gets blocked and thats only after about two uses (quite dusty jobs though).  You have to wait about 30 mins to use it again.  They're really messy and dusty to clean out and when its someone elses dust and dead skin cells you're breathing in, its not very pleasant  :-X

These have only been domestic cleaners, not commercial so don't know if there's a difference.

DP

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 07:11:09 pm »
The Henry's have their limitations, but they are very hard to beat on commercial sites. They are cheap as chips, will take endless abuse, easy to repair by anyone and everyone sells the bags and parts.

We have lots of them working very hard for hours every day, some are nearly 2 years old now and  still haven’t pegged out or even broke once and I know they are capable of working much much longer.

They are as boring as hell (no bells or whistles) but they have to be the most reliable piece of kit you can own.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 10:20:52 am »
I agree with DP on this one, we have seven/eight henry's (cannot quite remember now) and find them to be the best by far when working out price/economy/durability etc.  So far I have not had one breakdown or need any kind of repair, and we bought them all well over a year ago. ;)

Saying that, I do not use them on builders cleans as I do find that the bags fills quite quickly, for this I use an industrial sized Alto which I have to say is superb.

Regards

Paul

Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

BSF

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 07:31:21 pm »
For speed in offices, your a lot better off with a commercial upright vac, henrys are good, cheap and very reliable, but its hard work for the staff using them.

Regards

BSF

Prestige1

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 08:05:14 pm »
BSF
I see your a Joy Division fan, great band in the old days before the lead singer hung him self, regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

BSF

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 08:13:41 pm »
Yes Phil, they were a great band, Ian Curtis was a great song writer it was a sad loss to the music industry when he committed suicide, he was from Macc just up the road from where I live.
Regards

BSF

DP

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 10:36:54 pm »
As a complete upright virgin  ::) I mean in the world of commercial vacuum cleaners. What are these like with general office debris like paper clips, staples, drawing pins, pen tops etc,  does it cause any problems?

A lot of cleaning companies do prefer upright's, so there must be a reason, considering the massive cost difference.

Henry's lend themselves in large offices to spot vacuuming only, mainly because of the size of their heads being about 280mm. Try vacuuming a large area or even an entire average office with one and I would agree it would be very time consuming and fatiguing. 

Although the Henry seems to service thousands of contracts very well, I do believe that this practice of spot vacuuming has to cause an increase in the amount of dust removal elsewhere simply by the fact that less is being removed from the floor.

I am going to buy one anyway, so I can see how much difference it makes.

BSF

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 10:54:53 pm »
Commercial upright vac’s are a must on any large contract, a lot of cleaning company’s opt for the henry only because of the cost.

As far as staples, paper clips etc go, they aren’t a problem, at the end of the day if one gets blocked its an easy enough job to sort it, as it is with a henry/tub vac.

I do prefer the nilco’s over the sebo/karcher’s because the brush stops in the upright position, Ive seen cleaners leave a sebo in the upright position (brush still turning) for up to 5 minutes while they do something else, this wears out the brush head and can leave a fair old mark on the floor covering.

When the nilco’s in the upright position the brush stops and it has a longer power cord which is a major plus, as well as on board tools included in the price ;D

Regards

BSF

nicola.j.sellwood@btinter

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 11:25:31 pm »
henry is good, light and durable.  As for using bags, I've worked for industrial cleaners on new builds and now use one domestically, We've never used bags, just empty the tub regularly and wash filter occasionally, depending how often and what you use it for.

BSF

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 11:31:19 pm »
cheapskate, you dont even use a bag ;D  Buy a Nilco, I love them :o
Regards

BSF

Prestige1

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 11:39:34 pm »
If you want your Henry to last I suggest you use a bag all the time, I will discipline any of my girls who don't use a bag, after a period of time fine grit will slowly but surly weaken the motors power and when that happens the motor is knackered, it will need replacing or new Henry. I will only use Neumatic bags as well. Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

BSF

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 11:43:50 pm »
Yes Nicola,

always use a bag, its much safer ;D
Regards

BSF