trevor perry

Re: Blastaway
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 11:02:14 pm »
It's a long drive home so hitting the sack. £4600?????

DAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVEE!!!!!  ;D

have i said something i shouldnt
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Rob_Mac

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 11:03:36 pm »
Trevor

Was it out of the blue  because there was no mention when I met you at Bamber Bridge?

Rob ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
yes it was unfortunately
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Rob_Mac

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
Have you other works as well. What are the plans. Is it a case of waiting and seeing?

Rob ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »
Have you other works as well. What are the plans. Is it a case of waiting and seeing?

Rob ;D
i have other work but it is a major downsizing, i havnt pushed for extra work in the last 3 years as that job has taken up a lot of my time so it is my own fault for putting too many eggs in one basket so now just have to have a rethink on whether to try and grow that big again or take it easy with what other jobs i have got and not be a workaholic

Cliff Horne

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 08:18:18 am »
Someone like Mitie will get it.

Bear us in mind for help. We'll travel wherever. We've been doing that job for Dave Morris in Cornwall all week. Be finished tomorrow. Pushed all my work back to get this in on last min. Likewise we're  having a better year every year and it's more commercial work than domestic now.

Wish I had known you were down here could have met for a cuppa

Cliff
Smart like a donkey, hung like Einstein

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 09:59:14 am »
Trevor

I know what you mean. My situation is slightly different in as much as I have three or four principle contractors providing me with works but the  majority of it is for Sainsbury's.

I know a little of their development plans over the next decade so I am not too worried but would like the security of a couple of jobs like your abattoir work to bring bread & butter in, even if they are on three or five year contracts.

I wish you well. If you want to chat you have my number.

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »
Someone like Mitie will get it.

Bear us in mind for help. We'll travel wherever. We've been doing that job for Dave Morris in Cornwall all week. Be finished tomorrow. Pushed all my work back to get this in on last min. Likewise we're  having a better year every year and it's more commercial work than domestic now.

Wish I had known you were down here could have met for a cuppa

Cliff

Hi ya Cliff, I should have said sooner. Just finished now, back in hotel getting packed and heading home.

Dave Graham

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 12:34:06 pm »
Hi
Who provided the barriers for the cleaning job - you or the centre?  So not all powere washing jobs have to be done out of hours then?
Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:04 pm »
I provided all groundworks including barriers, Cherry picker and groundsmen, which allowed lee and his bro to concentrate on the blasting.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »
Dave

A lot of my works are on live stores and we don't use barriers, we are expected yo have spotters. Occasionally we have to use barriers and on a very rare occasion we get away with some red & white barrier tape.

Rob ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:58 pm »
Hi rob

The barriers were mobile, we kept them moving all day, as you can see the space was narrow, with shop doorways all around, the public were hardly obstructed at all, the barriers were ther mostly for the trailing pressure hose

clarkson

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »

hi lee/rob

just a thought about the tender paperwork. i have a few not in pressure washing but on the contract side,

i got a consultant to help didnt charge a lot really and once you have done one the questions therefor your answers are the same so its a click and paste job.

they dont always go for the nationals as long as your h&s is in order its down to price as always.

cheers

john

Rob_Mac

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 05:15:55 pm »
John

Have you got a copy of one that you have put in that I can have a look at please.

Many thanks

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »
Me too please!  :)

clarkson

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:34 am »

hi
will try and find the last one, but remember your works are different to these as these are for general cleaning of communal areas.

but in actual fact yours is easier as its one of so they arent concerened about on going management and supervision.

i was up against 3 nationals and beat them on the last one, part of the give the work to the poor guys policy in force at the minute.

cheers

john

clarkson

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:24 pm »
John

Have you got a copy of one that you have put in that I can have a look at please.

Many thanks

Rob ;D

hi rob/lee
just to let you know not forgotten, the flash drive the docs where on is bust and have to retrieve from archive which isnt a five minute job will be in touch

john