adl

Re: Global Sub Contractors
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 10:02:08 pm »
If you need to buy contacts then go find a job working for someone you shouldnt be in business, how can anyone even consider starting a business and have to buy contracts, that is not business, and for the £4000 to have a return of £600.00 per month have you used your calculator???

Have you thought about what happens if you lose the contract or you cannot staff it???

for example 1 contract costing £4000.00 + vat = £4700 even if your lucky enough to keep this one and it sounds like you wont especially if you havnt got the get up and go to find your own contracts might give you a return of £600 a month but what you havnt worked out is that it has just cost you £391.66 a month to get the contract in the first place and dont forget if you have to buy it they will give you the crap ones so its actually a return of £208.34 a month its not rocket science spend the £4000 on a business studies course and a calculator it might benefit you in year two a bit more

regards Dave ADL

martin19842

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 10:16:41 pm »
hi there,

ok £4k will give you a monthly billing of about £700.00 then from that you will pay 20% management fee so £140, anf then if you have bought the contract on credit, you will be paying an istallment each month aswell ball park about £130 per month so you would be looking at getting about £420 ish a month.

the contracts have a 12 mth guarantee, and even then if the termiantion of the contract isnt for a certian reason, you stand to not get your money back.

it is an expensive way of building a business. there are better eceonimcally viable ways of getting into cleaning.

regards

martin

CMS

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 04:12:45 am »
Please do not go down the 'Global' route. And if you are already part of the way down that route please get out as quickly as you can.

It was I who used to be a Director of a similar company (as posted above) and it was a nightmare.

You see, I was the only one who came from a Cleaning background. The other Directors were sales people!!! Their way of growing is to take on as many poorly priced contracts as they can, expecting to lose some in the first month. If they take on 30 new contracts a month and lose 20 they have grown by ten!!! That is sound business practice to them but to me (coming from a cleaning background) I would rather have taken on ten new contracts and kept all ten!

They may as well be selling apples. They are a sales company NOT a cleaning company.

They lose the contracts through poor service and the reason that the Contractors provide the poor service is that they are grossly undercosted. You, as the Contractor will lose your purchase price because 'you have offered the poor service'.

I can't say much more because I am bound by a 'confidentiality agreement' as part of my severance.............but I implore you, don't go down this route.

I have posted elsewhere about how you can win new business. Take a look here......

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6835.0

Good luck.

kleeze

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 09:11:20 pm »
I appreciate the advice but not the insults!

Len Gribble

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2005, 08:01:50 pm »
Kleeze

Please take their advice and don’t sign up, regarding insult a wake-up-call methinks wish I had this info a few years ago.

But as the saying goes it’s your bed you sleep init.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

adl

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2005, 08:28:48 am »
Further to my last post regarding global rip off services i had to go and look at a new cleaning contract for a local company i have got to say the place was a #hit hole, they had been using global for the last 12 months with a local cleaner we were due to start monday next week, when i went through all the checks including the usual checking that their old contract with global had expired it turns out that they had signed up for 2 years not 12 months, so we cannot start, however they did give me a copy of globals contract if anyone wants a copy, let me know, i just feel sorry for the client as they have to put up with a firm as bad as global running their contracts

regards Dave ADL

CMS

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2005, 07:32:56 pm »
Can I just add to my earlier post.

Read the contract that you are about to enter into with Global (or anyone else who is trying to sell you turnover).

If my memory serves me correctly you are buying the 'benefit of the contract' i.e. the income from it for a set period. YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE CONTRACT ITSELF. That will always be held by the company you are paying.

You are paying them a fortune for the privelage of cleaning their contracts for them. And after them taking their 'Management Fee' (that's a laugh!) they are only giving you part of the income.

I really don't mean to be rude but buying turnover is a mugs game.

If you ran a newsagents shop, would you pay the bloke with a shop down the road a fortune to send his customers down to your shop? And when they'd bought something from you, would you give some of your takings back to the other shop owner?

Of course you wouldn't. Your not that daft......are you?

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2005, 08:07:43 pm »
Dave

Contract another 12 mouths to run? Ways round this who do they think They are.

Would like to see a copy and compare

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 08:18:55 am »
Although  after reading this I would stare clear of these companies I was at one stage considering it as a method of entering contracting.

A lot of these companies have been round a  long time nI am amazed they are able to find contractors.

Many people claim sucess with these companies

CMS

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 08:29:28 am »
The reason they are able to find Contractors is as follows.................

When I was in this business I used to run seminars at hotels specifically designed to persuade the uninitiated to part with their hard earned savings or redundancy money. I had to present a package that would earn them a fortune if they invested their money in 'a business'. I knew that what they were getting was rubbish and I had a seriously moral dilema that made me get out of that sector of the business.

We would target those people who had money to invest and who had no industry experience. The 'Navy News' was always a good source. An ex serviceman leaving with a severance package and no job to go into was ideal!

I can't ever remember an established Contractor (who knew what he was doing) coming to us asking to buy turnover.

BSF

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2005, 10:03:39 pm »
Hi Dave

Pm'd you twice now,

however they did give me a copy of globals contract if anyone wants a copy, let me know,

regards Dave ADL

please forward... just curious!

regards Paul
Regards

BSF

adl

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 10:50:46 pm »
Sorry i have read your pms, just been so busy this last couple of weeks if you send me a fax number i will send it first thing monday morning

regards Dave ADL

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 07:22:10 am »
I think CMS has been very brave to be so honest about the recruiting method.

I have been involved in Sales and Network marketing, and found that often to get the sale or recruit a new member you are encouraged to bend the facts, and like CMS I am uncomfortable when I am doing this.

Often these companies run competions and self pride (if you like to win )forces you down this route, and Sales Mamagers and Team Leaders do not understand when you say I am not playing.

martin19842

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 08:02:05 am »
hi there,

the survival of these organisations, is based purely on sales,

firstly selling to the client, the service

and then selling to the contractor the contract.

the sales people only being paid out on the second sale.

the t & c's for both the client and the contractor are obvioulsy fully weighted in favour of the company.

there are now several of these companies in the uk and abroad, and they havent just started they have been in business for a good few years.

and they are making money.

we are all in business to make money,

some of us choose to deliver a quality service for a cost,

whilst  others choose to deliver a service at a higher cost

that happens in whatever business market you decide to venture.

just an opinion.

regards

martin

BSF

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2005, 08:07:00 pm »
Sorry i have read your pms, just been so busy this last couple of weeks if you send me a fax number i will send it first thing monday morning

regards Dave ADL

That fax is taking its Time!
Regards

BSF

soapscentz

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 01:34:51 pm »
Hi Andrew, not been on the forum for a while, I too have just finished a two year contract with global, what a con first had to pay the depoist then I took it out on finance, they were taking the money to pay the finance back every month plus their fee every month which to me just looks like the money to ensure that we recieve our cheq every month, towards the end I still owed some money so had to work for the last two months for free to pay back plus a bit at the end. "Daylight Robber if you ask me " if only  I had realised sooner, and they call themselves "The Really Good Cleaning Company" hmm i wonder without good contractors where would they be? needless to say I dont pay for work anymore .  8)