REVIVE-A-DRIVE

hyodrotech out off business
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:43:00 am »
got a letter saying there are no longer trading, no other explation then that

so does any one no y they have stop trading?

or is it a case off got everyones money and done a runner?

keith b

Re: hyodrotech out off business
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 01:13:57 am »
Im sure someone will correct me, but didn`t they fail in their promise to find work for those who bought their package?

Their web-site no longer exists! looks like they have done a runner or the solvency guys are involved

Were they a limited company?

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:30:26 pm »
I think it must be sh hitting the fan time.

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 05:50:59 pm »
yeh they was a ltd company, and they didn't get any work for us .

does anyone no if any thing can be done about this?

keith b

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 06:11:49 am »
Best thing is to go to Citizens Advice Bureau for more info on what to do next.

Hydrotech should be registered at companies house for more detailed info on its passed finances.

It seems like they have breached their contract with their customers and have been taken to court????? they then decided to get out while they can!!

tech-clean

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 08:59:41 pm »
The man who started Hydrotech Neville Whittle, came to visit us about 3years ago. To provide finance for our lease to purchase customers. He took away all our leaflets and copied them word for word, even used our photos, not a nice person in my opinion.
If any of you Hydrotech guy's want to pm me you may find out some interesting info.
regards
Jan

mr hewett

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 11:19:47 am »
To all hydrotech eqiupment uses surely theres something we can do to get some money back for all the faulse information they've fed us about how much work they were going to give us amongst other lies!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Exteriors

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 04:48:28 pm »
Hi, we are a company in Derby called Elite Exteriors. We purchased our equipment this time last year from Hydrotech (full van mount). We (along with everyone else it seems) were promised Macdonalds, garages etc and nothing materialised. Neville even sent my partner to all local B & Q's, Homebases  to measure up (3 days wasted) and surprise, surprise no work.
We would be grateful for any information you can provide on this company.
Regards
Wendy and Mick

allan_p

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 10:28:10 am »
Hi Guys

Im new to the site but I also purchased a trailor system from Neville and was promised all the same c**p as everyone else. I was fortunate to turn up at the unit the day he was winding the company up. It appears that they received a big tax and vat bill and werent able to pay it due to not having won any work. It also appears that the work they promised everyone at Alton towers was never won and appears they lost it due to over pricing.
I went to a solicitor last year the week before the company closed to enquire about legal standing but due to the sub contractor agreement and the fact that Neville never put anything in writing guaranteeing work there was nothing I could do.
I am trying to get in touch with other sub contractors so if you are in the same boat then let me know.

Allan.

Paul Forster

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 06:38:03 pm »
Personly I would pay him a visit ! !

Philip Hanson

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 06:55:37 pm »
If the company is going through a formal insolvency procedure (and it sounds like they are) the only option you have is to make a claim to the liquidator.

The liquidator is an insolvency practitioner whose job it is to sell any company assets, collect any outstanding debts and (after his fees are paid) to distribute whatever is left to creditors.

Preferential creditors are employees owed wages, government creditors (eg inland rev) etc and these creditors are paid first (presuming enough money is liquidated from the sale of assets).

You have to provide evidence that you are a creditor, and it is possible that a creditors meeting may be held.

What usually happens is that the sale of the assets covers the liquidators costs, some preferrential creditors and nothing more.

If creditors bypass the liquidator and start to hassle the directors of the dissolved company instead, they can be prosecuted.  The whole point of a "limited" company is to protect the owners from liability.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

allan_p

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 12:59:26 pm »
Its my understanding that neville has started another business not far from where he was operating hydrotech - its called gummybins - have a look on web and it will give you the address. It appears that miles is working there aswell but not checked.
If anyone is owed money then thats the first place I would check if you dont know his home address.

Does anyone want to buy a complete trailor mounted system ? hardly used cos no work was passed my way and I'm now working full time and havent got the time to use it (if I had any jobs)
let me know if you are interested.
Allan.

Paul Forster

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 01:35:23 pm »
If he is tradeing again surely you have comeback.

If I had spent £9000 on the promise of work and had been given nothing then found out he was ripping others off again ........ I would most definately pay the guy and his busisness premises a visit at night (if leagal means have failed).

allan_p

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 01:54:54 pm »
its my understanding (by way of a solicitor) that I have no come back in terms of legal means anyway.
if anyone else knows otherwise then please let me know cos I know of at least 2 other people that are in the same situation as me.

Cheers
Allan.

Andy Foster

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 03:00:35 pm »
According to Companies House, Neville was not even a director of the company!
His wife is, along with his brother Derek and Derek's wife.

The company is still active according to their records.

I paid the £3 and got all of the details which I have now passed onto my mate (who is a barrister) and he is going to see if there is any way to 'get them' if you know what I mean (legally of course).

If indeed he has started another company, then I will certainly be visiting their premises, just to let him know that I know where he is.
If Miles is working for him, then it appears that there was a big charade about sacking him and when the new contracts manager and the maintenance engineer (who I will not name for privacy reasons) lost their jobs, it was all under a cloud of deception.  They may ave some recourse here too!!!

I for one will not be letting this rest, the guy used to own a company called Hydrotech UK, which then became Hydrotech UK (Equipment) Limited.  This alone proves that he is not unaccustomed to this method of ripping people off!!!

If legal preceedings are possible then it will probably cost a bit, so would anyone alse be willing to share the costs, just to see him squirm if nothing else?

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 06:22:03 pm »
yeh i would be up for that and i think i few others will be as well,it's a pity we can't get hold off a cope off the web site as that stated that they would help us earn 50 k plus.

CMS

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 06:26:13 pm »
I've been watching this with interest.

Alesson to be learned from this is...............

When a Limited Company offers you a guarantee of work you should always get it backed up with a'Personal Directors Guarantee' too.

After all, isn't what the banks do? When they lend a Limited Company money more often than not they will ask for a Directors Guarantee.

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 06:32:38 pm »
whats the web site for this gummybins,
if they have started up again then were ever they put an advert up i will put one up warning everyone about them.

Andy Foster

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 10:52:13 pm »
gummybins.co.uk and gummybins.com have both been registered by an individual in warrington, cheshire (not a million miles from Neville's house).

Of course, we have no proof that this individual has any connection with 'your friend and mine', but it is a hell of a coincidence methinks!!!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what appears on the domains eh?

Still would like the url for the information on where Neville's new company is please if anyone can help.

allan_p

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 08:21:48 am »
I dont have any details on his company other than what I have heard. Neville has certainly done this before and I have learnt some valuable lessons by dealing with such a crook. Im up for legal action so let me know if there is anything we can do.

Allan.