lisa123

Re: hiya
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 06:56:25 pm »
i'm quite partial to a fruit n nut bar  ;D

I get it, we get paid half the time each.

so for example we pay ourselves 4.85 p/h

customer pays £27 for weekly 3hr clean

we pay ourselves £7.27 each for this 1 job.

wages £14.52,
the rest goes in to the kitty for travel, materials, overheads

right, i think i have that clear, excuse my stupidity :) i'm having one of those days again.

garyj

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 07:18:54 pm »
JEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZUSSSS

::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :o :o :o

Has anyone read my tagline??

lisa123

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 07:24:07 pm »
have you ever thought that just as much as you like being sarcastic, i like to wind you up  ;D

I knew you would be following my silly posts.........
whats it like to be led up the garden path gary??

lol
 ;D ;D

garyj

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 07:37:49 pm »
Brilliant wind up.

Even went to the trouble of making a comedy website.

I was starting to wonder if ANYBODY could really be that thick.

Nice one, so you're not the complete dork I thought you were. Shame some people went to the trouble of trying to help you, perhaps they won't  bother in the future when another thicko comes along.

dustdees

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 07:45:47 pm »
Lisa,

When we take on a new client, I send them a quide to services, which covers 90%  of any questions they have. I arrange to call them a couple of days after receiving the guide, to "find out their views". Most cases say they want me  to come out and put together a personal home cleaning plan.For instance, I have a client who doesn't want us to clean his toilets, he likes to do it themselves. ::)

I will then go into the property write down what they want doing in each room, put in into a details quote, work out the expected task time, then send them a quote.but we insist when taking a a new contract, that we must be allowed for carry out a full spring clean, leaving us a clean canvas to service each visit.Otherwise we find that we don't really achieve anything much in the way of quality cleaning.

Most a very happy to have there home cleaned thoroughly, in fact some say it's a relief.

Personally, I recocken that the first cleaner you should employ should be a cleaner driver.It would make life so much easier for you, poor girl travelling on public transport.You will end up with muscles like a trooper, bless you!!! :-*

Just a few of my thoughts, again other may disagree with me, but what the hell it works for me. Good luck, girlie.

Personally I think your website is great.

Keep up the good work!!!!

dustdees

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 07:47:06 pm »
NICE ONE LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GO GET'UM GIRL!!!!!!

lisa123

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 08:26:48 pm »
Hiya
Thanks for the response dustdees

Thats a good idea to go the heavy clean before the light cleans take place.
do you charge the full heavy clean price for this?

the lady i'm going to see tomorrow has 3-4 bed house, and my prices would be around £120 depending on the state of repair for the heavy clean prob around 4 hours and 2 cleaners.

is this how you operate?

dustdees

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2005, 07:29:06 am »
Lisa,

Yeap, we charge to full rate and they are happy with that.

Love

Denisex

lisa123

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2005, 11:21:50 am »
Thanks Denise
(couldnt remember your real name lol)

The lady has postponed the meeting due to having to work late, but will phone me again next week.

I think i'll send her details in the post anyway.
I'll send a pack with a cover letter. price guide, Summary of T&C, Duties checklists to tick and amend and return, and add to. and a list af FAQ

she will at least have details to hand if/when she does call again.

I'm thinking of sending one of these packs to each client who enquires, instead of us going round to see them straight away.

Only to go around once they have decided to go ahead, to view property and finalise quote.

Does the terms 28 days to pay for the initial heavy clean, and 1st month trial period upfront, there after end of each week payments sound acceptable to you?

You have been a great help, I feel confident that i finally have got to grips with what i'm doing, cheers  ;D

dustdees

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2005, 01:09:54 pm »
Lisa,

If I were you, please don't quote on a proerty until you have seen it. each property is different, less or more furniture, office doesn't need cleaning, etc etc.You could be walking into a bomb site, and expected to clean it in three hours.Can;t be done mate!! Be very careful indeed.

Well my clients pay cash on the day of all cleans, if they want to pay by cheques then they must pay 4 weeks in advance.

You contract would be better, if you are going to spring clean first of all, would be minimum cantract period 3 months.That's what we do , again client happy.Just remember that small extra mile goes a long way.

Let me know what you are going to do.

Love

Denisexxx

lisa123

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2005, 02:29:57 pm »
I'll put a clause on to say that we can and will amend clean duration on viewing property.

It just gives people an idea of our prices. Obviously the deep cleans are set at FROM price, regular cleans will be per hour, and the number of hrs will just change if it is a yucky dirty place.

Dear

Further to our recent conversation regarding regular domestic cleaning, Please find enclosed a copy of our guide to services.

Included in this guide

Price guides
Duties checklists for light and heavy cleaning
Terms and Conditions of Service
Frequently Asked Questions

What Happens Now?

We require you to complete the checklists on the following pages.
The duties on the light cleaning checklist will form the basis of your regular clean.

We do insist that new clients under go a heavy clean service before any regular cleaning is carried out. This is so we start with a ‘clean canvas’ to carry out our regular cleaning duties.

The checklist for the heavy clean is also enclosed.

If there are tasks which you do not want us to carry out, please place a cross in the corresponding box.
Also, if there is something which you would like us to do that isn’t listed, please write it in the additional information section, along with any other notes which may be important.

Once you have completed the checklists, you will need to post it back to us in the envelope provided.
We will then send you a detailed written quote based on the details given.

Please note that we may need to amend the duration of the cleaning that you ask for, if we feel it necessary.
The price guide, is just that, and full details will be supplied when we visit the property.

Booking Services

We will then contact you, or if you like, you can contact us to arrange a meeting, so we can view your property and finalise the quote.

When you are happy to go ahead, a date will be booked and cleaning shall commence from then. We will require you to sign the terms and conditions for your records and for ours once you decide to go ahead with the services.

In the mean time, Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions, we are always happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you soon

dustdees

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2005, 03:31:24 pm »
Lisa,

I like your letter, but make sure you aven't already put somw of that information in your t &c's, All that information should really be included in your T & C's.

Personally I think the letter is a bit too long, but again if it works for you then, go ahead.

Phone calls are always the best route in my opinon, communication, via phone or face to face always works wonders.

Love Denisex

Art

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2005, 05:18:24 pm »
"We do insist clients undergo a heavy clean" in my opinion i think you'd be better off leaving that bit out and waiting for a face to face meeting. Reasons being ,It's a service your giving clients which they are paying for, that phrase i think would get alot of potential clients backs up, it sounds abit like a demand or it could be taken as there house is in need of a good clean. Only my opinion  ;D

lisa123

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2005, 05:36:56 pm »
Hi James

you could be right there, maybe i should add it to my T&C's that heavy cleans before regular cleaning is optional but advised.

thanks for your input :)

Jan K

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2005, 09:11:51 pm »
Hi Lisa!

You could change 'insist' to 'recommend'

Jan :)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Art

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 07:17:55 pm »
Lisa, Just another bit of advise you need to cut down your letter abit aswell it's a bit to long winded  long drawn out letters don't have full impact try and only use words that are going to work for you, read it as a client would. Show it to family and friends and tell them you want constructive critisism.  :D

lisa123

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 07:58:16 pm »
its only the welcome pack, obviously if it was first contact it would be shorter.

what i want to get across is, hello, thankyou for contacting us, please fill in duties sheets and return, i'll pop out to meet and they the work gets carried out if everyone is happy.

i have passed it about today, the full thing, cover letter, price guide, duties sheets, customer details page, T&C's, and FAQ. The response was that they were very comprehensive, professional and of good quality, but also had an air of friendly aproachability.

different locations, different customers, i might just rearrange the wording a bit, see if i can knock off a few paragraphs, i know what you mean, it is quite long, but wouldn't you want to trust a business who had provided you with all the info up front, so you knew what you were getting into?  :-\

Art

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005, 08:11:10 pm »
Another good selling point i've found is a professionally written health & safety policy. As a small business you won't need one by law but it's another way of letting clients know your a serious company and also as your business grows it's one less thing you'll have to do and you sound dedicated and commited so your business will grow, as long as you stay focused because in the early days don't expect to make much money and do expect to be under pressure. Think i'll stop there incase i start to sound boring

lisa123

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2005, 08:20:46 pm »
I really appreciate your help james, you aren't boring :)

I suppose that would complete the welcome pack, even if people decide not to go ahead, they might do in the future if they have all the info there ready to go.

I am the hardworking capricorn, can't help it, it's my nature. I want to be lazy and chill out, but my boring capricorn nature won't let me  ;D

I will make this work, and then i can stay in the office and my employees can do the cleaning (prob in 10 years time lol)