nathann

Re: Taurma Cleaning
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 08:59:06 pm »
Hi,

The job was a pain  ;) but all done now.

No i dont work with him, the last i heard of jeff he was writing a syllabus etc for some people  ;)

Nathan
British Biohazard Recovery Association (BBRA)

chocabloc

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 09:10:36 pm »
Good to hear lad ........ good to hear. keep up the good work!

Regards

The Great One

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 09:15:41 pm »
Hi

Castle I did send you a quick email to see what all this coded talk was all about but not sure if you have recieved it or if you don't want to say anymore?

Yes the industry needs changing, tired of quoting for this work to then see it go to the £10 p/h bodge it 'n leg it lot.

Don't agree it should go as far as only 1 person can say if you are qualified enough or not, that's too extreme, bordering on ridiculous.

Regards

Martin 8)

Jonny jones

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 01:22:51 pm »
hi martin

you have mail

cheers jonny

The Great One

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 02:03:48 pm »
I do

Thanks  ;)

chocabloc

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 10:09:26 pm »
Hi

Castle I did send you a quick email to see what all this coded talk was all about but not sure if you have recieved it or if you don't want to say anymore?

Yes the industry needs changing, tired of quoting for this work to then see it go to the £10 p/h bodge it 'n leg it lot.

Don't agree it should go as far as only 1 person can say if you are qualified enough or not, that's too extreme, bordering on ridiculous.

Regards

Martin 8)

It aint no secret...... see for yourself www.bradi.org but keep it under your hat please :-X

im still none the wiser myself but hey hoe

The Great One

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 07:17:50 am »
I just lost another one yesterday, blood all over the hard floor, vomit all over the sink and diaohhrea all over the toilet, quoted and lost 1/2 an hour later as apparently social Services will sort it?

Hopefully it will get regulated shortly and we can then proceed in a professional manner?

Regards

Martin 8)

chocabloc

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 10:28:45 am »
Sorry to hear that you lost out, to what only i could describe as a lesser technician . i was speaking with pinnacle in dorset and he says he has lost 2 3rds of his buisness to some girls that are picking the work up from the council. as they are willing to clean blood for 50 quid !. i have had  a lengthy conversation with Jeff Charlton the founder of bradi.org and nathan bbra, they do seem to be going all out with getting the bar raised i can not fault what both Jeff and Nathan have said to me which is easy as i have very little knowledge of the industry but what i do see is that nathan has acsess to many operatives whereas Jeff seems to very qualified and equipped to speak at the highest levels so this should mean good news for all honest law abiding workers . i have been very confused with the industry of late in the way of which route to take in getting suitably trained i have read about Lawrence mitchell and he is very knowledegable so it was a close call weather to join bbra or bradi both are free but in my opinion the bradi.org website has nicer colours ;D sorry change your colours and i will join  :)
Keep up the good work .

Regards

nathann

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 09:16:08 am »
the bradi.org website has nicer colours  sorry change your colours and i will join   

I hope it works out for you chocabloc  :)

Nathan

BDCS

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 12:36:32 pm »
Ben should join the thread and it would be one happy decomposing family ;D

chocabloc

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 07:17:08 pm »
Thanks nathan. i have just been on the bradi website and see it is now a partner with corgi ! i am not to clued up on corgi however i though corgi was a gas thing nether the less still got to be a good thing i would of thought 

nathann

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 07:28:50 pm »
Hi,

All CORGI is really, is to say your commitment to high quality work within your trade and excellent customer service etc.

Nathan

Jonny jones

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 12:10:49 pm »
hi

im glad that the corgi has been partnered with bradi, it will now show customers that they are serious about their work, and also all we need now is government backing to stop these councils and other authorities taking on cowboys and getting thier non qualified staff doing the dirty work, as martin has fond out

the future looks bright for the industry

good work jeff charlton and bradi

thanx jonny

chocabloc

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:37 pm »
hi

im glad that the corgi has been partnered with bradi, it will now show customers that they are serious about their work, and also all we need now is government backing to stop these councils and other authorities taking on cowboys and getting thier non qualified staff doing the dirty work, as martin has fond out

the future looks bright for the industry

good work jeff charlton and bradi

thanx jonny

Hi johnny

after reading some articles about jeff i feel he can get the goverment to sit up and take notice from what i can gather he know the right people in the right places.

cheers

murky

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 06:12:09 pm »
Hi,

Just cruising through old stuff here, but all you guys that do trauma cleanups etc are registered, use COSSH sheets, PPE, method stements etc etc. These 'east europeans' or 'girls' that are doing your work presumable arent.

Surely all you have to do is go to the local council and show them your expertise in what you do. If it was me I would call the 'elf and safety man when they nick a job off you, tell him whats going on and you would get all the work you want then

If these 'other' contractors whatever they are have to show the council their creditability and expertise to do the work. If they fall over, cut themselves, get blood poisoning etc etc they will be seriously ill and what then.

The council or who ever these days has a duty of care to check on them. You cant work in a school with out a CRB check so how can you work in a trauma scene clear up without being checked out. You couldnt just put an 18 year old kid in there and tell him to get on with it, you would be in court in days! Which is exactly what your opposition is doing and the council or whoever is condoning.

I did a BDMA course in fire and flood damage years ago, it was what the industry requires as a minimum to work for the Insurance companies. Although my membership has now lapsed I can still say with knowledge that 'anything damaged by black or grey water after x days has to be removed and  cant be cleaned' surely the same applies with blood, carsogens etc and all the cr@p that you have to clean up.

For my tenpennuth when we did a fire or flood in a  pub or shop or where there was food etc I would allways ask the Environment man to come down and check our work at the end. If he signed it off we were all happy and so was the Loss Adjuster and Ins Co etc and most of all they could start trading again. If these 'other people' clean and granny goes down with food poisoning after not been cleaned properly who is to blame?

Good luck with it anyway.

Murky

The Great One

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 08:44:22 pm »
Hi

We hear where you are coming from, but at the moment it is 'unregulated' so as hard as it is to believe you don't need to be trained to clean it up.

Those of us that care and want to be professional are outpriced by those that don't care less, and them & those that are paying the bill are depressing the market.

i priced an attempted suicide a few months back, priced £600.

The landlord didn't want to pay it and neither did the insurance company, somebody did it, but as they hadn't been trained, they missed a bit, where a child could easily get to it.

Regards

Martin 8)