cleaniac

Bank of Pryor?
« on: December 04, 2018, 12:18:54 pm »
Eh?

One of my very very very wealthy customers today handed me this leaflet from Lee.

Its a flyer with a huge £20 note on it with the words Bank of Pryor. She thought it was vulgarity at the highest order and couldn't  wait to show me.

I have to say, i take my hat off to you lee really i do, but a big picture of a £20 note with your name on it, its a bit risky isnt it mate.?

Not wanting to cause offence or anything, just thought it was a strange leaflet to drop.

Any feedback on that choice of marketing? Its a brave one i give you that..

Smudger

Re: Bank of Pryor?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:22:08 pm »
whats the context of the 'bank of Pryor' leaflet ??

I deal with a few biz's who have notes named after themselves - usually its a promotion for saving money or used like a voucher a little more info would be great

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

cleaniac

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »
Im not sure, i just dont think i have ever seen anything like that before, thought it was a bit strange. That's all.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 01:58:46 pm »
Haha!

No it is not risky at all as I met the 5 guidelines set by the bank of England when using the image of a pound note. "bank of pryors" was just a bit of fun.

To explain I changed the cover of our leaflets to look like a giant £20 note. 2 reasons for this

1 it gets noticed in a pile of other leaflets.
2 we always have a special offer in our leaflets, this one was £20.00 free credit when joining us which customers loved.

As for snotty rich people well we all know what they are like to deal with. I expect she didn't get it at all. Generally got a good response.

I like to try new things and new ideas.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

cleaniac

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 02:24:54 pm »
Oh ok. Cool..

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:45:40 pm »
loads of company's do this sort of thing, i reckon your very very very wealthy customer is probably up their own arse.

cleaniac

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:15:36 pm »
Yes.. alot of them are..

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 03:33:44 pm »
Whenever I see a leaflet like that.... I think 'scam, I'm not falling for that' .....in the bin it goes without reading or opening.

Sorry, but you have to be a touch arrogant  to think your on the same pedestal as the bank of England.  IMO

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 03:38:11 pm »
I don’t know that’s what he’s trying to portray himself as, being on the same level as the Bank of England, but if I got a flyer through the door like that I’d think it says the business is only interested in hard money. Level of service, customer satisfaction and pride in your work isn’t what that portrays but those things are all important to most customers.

Poor show IMO.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 03:45:06 pm »
Don’t you know window cleaning license to print money lol 😂

Lee Pryor

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 03:56:09 pm »
Whenever I see a leaflet like that.... I think 'scam, I'm not falling for that' .....in the bin it goes without reading or opening.

Sorry, but you have to be a touch arrogant  to think your on the same pedestal as the bank of England.  IMO

What a silly thing to say. At what point did I say we are trying to be on the same level as the bank of England. Pathetic comment!

The leaflet is a £20 voucher for those that joined us, a bit of fun thats all. Fact is it got a great response!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 03:56:37 pm »
I don’t know that’s what he’s trying to portray himself as, being on the same level as the Bank of England, but if I got a flyer through the door like that I’d think it says the business is only interested in hard money. Level of service, customer satisfaction and pride in your work isn’t what that portrays but those things are all important to most customers.

Poor show IMO.
Grumpy old git!

NWH

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 04:13:47 pm »
It catches your eye that’s all he’s done it’s Lees idea to stop you throwing it in the bin before you read it that’s all,blimey some people take it so seriously give the bloke a break.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 04:29:48 pm »

What a silly thing to say. At what point did I say we are trying to be on the same level as the bank of England. Pathetic comment!

The leaflet is a £20 voucher for those that joined us, a bit of fun thats all. Fact is it got a great response!

Just my opinion Lee.   
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 04:47:58 pm »
Wasn't there a windie once who printed a flyer in the same block and colour design as the Royal mail use when advising a customer of a parcel they couldn't deliver?
We were told it was quite effective as customer's picked it up and read it because they thought it was a missed parcel delivery. I think it ended when Royal mail stepped in and stopped him. Didn't he get Royal Mail to do the leaflet drop?

Someone else also did a £20 note which was folded so the home owner only saw the folded note. The message was on the inside.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Walter Mitty

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 04:56:07 pm »
I think it's a great idea as it's directly linked to a £20 discount.

Mind you, I would start getting a bit worried if Lee had a picture of himself where the monarch's head is meant to be :)  .

swanson

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 06:06:02 pm »
I think it’s a great bit of marketing

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 06:21:47 pm »
All leaflets are poo and end up in the bin, nobody reads them. Well that’s the opinion  of a person who does not want what the leaflet is advertising.

I could get an amazing, full colour leaflet on ocean going cruisers but to me it’s just more rubbish for the recycle bin.

But I could get a cheap, homemade leaflet on garden rubbish removal and I would read every word.......because I need what the leaflet is offering.

Any trick you can use to get someone to take notice of the leaflet is a good idea, if someone thinks it’s tacky its because they don’t need what is being offered (so their opinion means nothing) if they need your services badly enough  they will ignore most things

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 06:27:35 pm »
Sounds like the OP is worried.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 06:49:08 pm »
bloody hell £20 free so would you actually give someone a £20 first clean for free you'd be opening up the one off thanks ill call you :D
or do you add £20 to there annual price say £20x8 cleans if its 6 weekly then take away  £20.00 so its £17.50 a clean?