R H Phillips

"Spin" Mops
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:47:47 am »
Has anybody got any experience of using this type of mop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peG4c2sPn_g

I think you can get them from various sources for about £20-£30.

Seems a good idea in principle - the bucket has a foot-pedal which spins the micro-fibre mop head in a tray & sucks out the water by centrifugal force. No manual wringing of mop heads.

I spoke to an experienced cleaner the other day who said it was the best mop she had ever used, because it is so quick and easy to dry the mop out and by quickly going over the area just mopped, it left it nice and dry.

I'm a bit concerned about the durability of the plastic connectors, but just wondered if anybody had been  using them successfully for a while?

Griffus

Re: "Spin" Mops
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:58:12 am »
Looks way too messy, splashes of filthy water will go everwhere.

I'd recommend that you stick to a good quality kentucky and wringer.

Neil kell

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:56 pm »
The mechanism in the foot pedal would only be plastic and a cheap spring. If that breaks how do you wring it out? And is is bound to pack in with professional regular use. I wring my mops out by hand, I'm hardcore to the bone. Then follow with a doodle bug and micro fibre cloth.
Bundled cleaning solutions

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 07:34:46 pm »
looks like it would do an aweful job of cleaning floors. only time it'd be good is to go over an already mopped floor to get more of the water up, however i find a drop emop much better at this.