easy clean

tds readings
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:28:33 pm »
i've started to notice different people change resin at different levels.
i used to change my resin at 2-3 and no higher, it's now running at 4 so it's deff due soon. how high would you let it go till you change it? my readings after ro are about 9, so according to some people i have no need for di at all, have any of you cleaned with a reading of 9 and if so what were the results like?

many thanks

JM123

Re: tds readings
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:55:41 am »
we always change at 1, spend less time rinsing for the sake of spending a bit more on resin.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:12:32 am »
The way we fill and use is this:

RO into  DI (12.5kg resin) into tank (this is done overnight)

In the morning switch the hose so the water now goes from the tank, through the pump, into DI vessel to the brush head.

000 and never any different.

Use a 25kg bag of resin in a year.

Figures:

Start: 300+
RO : 4 - 9
DI: 000

Just gives us peace of mind that the water is always 100% 000

regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

S Ball

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:40:07 pm »
iv got told that u can clean up 2 21 not that i have myself but people have told me so eney 1 no otherwise
many thanks

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 07:16:09 am »
Hi,

All I will say is you are treading on very thin ice if you allow your TDS to get to that level.

I expect it is possible but you are at the far end of the scale, and with that reading I think you will get alot of call backs frm customers with spots on thier windows.

I have been cleaning WFP for a long time now and learn't it just isn't worth trying to get an extra few litres out at a high TDS, we operate at zero all the time, regardless, and our complaints from  regular customers is guess what? Zero!

Try for yourself and see.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 08:57:14 am »
I agree with trevor,

When your TDS starts to rise above zero, change your resin, squeezing a few more days out of your resin while the TDS rises is just tempting fate.
Why give yourself the worry?
Iy isn't as if you are making big savings on costs by doing so, any real savings will be negligible.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

S Ball

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 07:59:05 pm »
well iv seen it done and no spots  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 08:58:38 pm »
As soon as the TDS goes above 000 i change it , it makes no sense to me to carry on , if your TDS goes above 000 half way through your day and you carry on , not only will you end up putting it right for nothing , it will also be 1 strike against you in certain customers eyes , you know how they can be , and all for the sake of a few pence , is it worth the risk ?

Rich   P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !