zesty

Ordered new xtreme pole
« on: June 21, 2019, 03:48:47 pm »
Just ordered a new 25 xtreme, my series 2 is wearing thin.

I absolutely love my series 2, it hardly ever gets the gritty ‘rubbing’ due to the metal band and thinner sections.

I’m actually a bit nervous I won’t like the series 3 as I’m thinking it’s going to get the gritty rub!

Alex, I will try and feedback after some time of use with the x3 my thoughts. Hopefully it will be excellent, I just think the metal banded series 2 solved the grit and wear problem.

Oh, only bummer is I ordered it Thursday night whilst in Majorca, thinking that it would be sent out today (we have flown back today) and delivered Saturday. Turns out fedex don’t ship on a weekend ☹️.

Patience is a virtue!

dazmond

Re: Ordered new xtreme pole
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 06:11:12 pm »

I absolutely love my series 2, it hardly ever gets the gritty ‘rubbing’ due to the metal band and thinner sections.

I’m actually a bit nervous I won’t like the series 3 as I’m thinking it’s going to get the gritty rub!

Alex, I will try and feedback after some time of use with the x3 my thoughts. Hopefully it will be excellent, I just think the metal banded series 2 solved the grit and wear problem.

Oh, only bummer is I ordered it Thursday night whilst in Majorca, thinking that it would be sent out today (we have flown back today) and delivered Saturday. Turns out fedex don’t ship on a weekend ☹️.

Patience is a virtue!

youll be lucky to get 12 months out of it.....ive snapped 2 sections in less than 12 months from new......nice poles but not very hardwearing for the price they cost....it wouldnt be so bad if they were £300 a pop!
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:33:30 pm »
Make sure you order a can of they’re Stirling pole spray too and you really do have to try and keep on top of them.
I snapped a section on mine after 9 months then found another split down the length not long ago which would be about 13-14 months.
I’m genuinely not an abuser either, I retape monthly and clean and flush regularly.
All that though and I’d still have another as we know full well they’re not built to last like slx, all about lightness and making more money from not being as tired out😁
Since fitting Phoenix clamps I do wonder if gardiner copied the idea and put smoother inserts in the clamps they may wear less, the feel of the inside of a smart clamps feels very rough compared to the smoother rubberish Phoenix clamps!

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 08:27:01 pm »

Patience is a virtue!

The v3 is far better than the 2 with metal inserts , nice poles but they are delicate 

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 08:58:11 pm »
I've got the V3, had it for ages and all going good. I am careful with it (and you need to be) but I like it. Had some worn sections where it clamps, (but I followed the Gardiners video for building them back up again, using two part resin) and all is good.

I have bad elbows, so really, I have no choice but to use it.

Treat it with respect and it will earn you some dough!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

zesty

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:53:51 pm »
Here’s the thing, my series 2 extremes have never let me down, no breaks, no clamp wear (massive advantage of metal banding) and no grittiness.

I’m looking forward to trying this x3, but I still think Alex would be better off offering a metal banded version for those that want it...

We’ll see, maybe I’ll change my mind, but I just found the series 2 so perfect!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 09:04:59 am »
Here’s the thing, my series 2 extremes have never let me down, no breaks, no clamp wear (massive advantage of metal banding) and no grittiness.

I’m looking forward to trying this x3, but I still think Alex would be better off offering a metal banded version for those that want it...

I snapped 2 sections on the series 2 as well a few years ago(both just under the metal clamping points).....

I've got all sorts of bits of poles at home,a mixture of slx/xtreme poles,I'm gonna sort them out today and see if I can make 2 poles out of them
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 09:42:52 am »

I snapped 2 sections on the series 2 as well a few years ago(both just under the metal clamping points).....

I've got all sorts of bits of poles at home,a mixture of slx/xtreme poles,I'm gonna sort them out today and see if I can make 2 poles out of them

I know you’ve snapped them mate, but I think you must be heavy handed, as I’ve never snapped one (other than a top section when I first bought a series two which had a fault in it, so was replaced free of charge)

I think they need to be used carefully, but the benefits for me outweigh the positives, your a big bloke daz, perhaps you push them against the window too hard!

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 04:25:00 pm »
I've dropped mine a couple of times and cringed but no breakage yet.

Top sections are wearing and it's only a few months old.

Fantastic pole but I don't think I could part with another £600+ for one.

zesty

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 07:47:44 pm »
I've dropped mine a couple of times and cringed but no breakage yet.

Top sections are wearing and it's only a few months old.

Fantastic pole but I don't think I could part with another £600+ for one.

Have you ever tried a series 2 though?

I really want Alex to bring back the metal band option!

s.w.c

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 01:39:05 pm »
well I'm still using mk1 extreme I must be so out of touch, but I have made modifications to mk1 updated clamps some years ago then modified with spring loaded washer to clamps insted of little spring, first section Alex modified it with three clamping sections,  this pole is still going strong to date,

zesty

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 09:18:38 pm »
It’s been delivered today, first impressions are I prefer the series 2.

This one feels rougher when extending, reminds me of my slx days. Feels very similar to an slx.

The series 2 is silky smooth when extending and closing the pole.

I’ll use it tomorrow and see how it feels in the working world.