Rob_Mac

Re: I need a push!! (Starting up)
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2004, 12:53:32 am »
Look at rural. Everyone seems to be working the towns and I have built up a massive round in 3 rural areas

Duke

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2004, 11:37:45 am »
I've been reading through this thread with great interest..loved Mikey's site..and I agree that rural rounds can be quite lucrative...mines a mixture of both..I used to work as a caretaker for the local council offices...£6.35 an hour...paid monthly, then they cut my hours to 30 a week. I started cleaning windows just to earn an extra £20 a day.........I dont work for the council anymore...lol  ;D

kevk

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2004, 08:20:18 am »
Need a push myself but getting alarmed as to the "rumour" that ladders are gonna be banned soon is that right guys? As Im well keen to get on with it but dont want to rush in then loose the lot specially if I jack my day job what do you think go for it or sit tight a while?.......

pjulk

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2004, 02:54:21 pm »
Ladder are not getting banned for normal window cleaning don't worry yourself about that.

I started up in may this year (Old window cleaner restarting)and started out with leaflets and picked about 10 customers the first week carried on with the leaflets and carried on picking up custromers i did not get all the customers as i priced quite high.
now five months on got over 100 customers all descent prices and i have not done any leaflets in over a month and the phone still rings.
I am picking up nearly a customer a day just from word of mouth or being seen cleaning.

I think you just got to go for it and if you think you could make it work you will. The hardest part is getting the first few customers to get you out there and build up your confidence.
Also maybe consider gutter and conseratory cleaning they pay well and it helps while you are building up your window cleaning

Paul

windakleena1

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2004, 10:45:47 pm »
Good luck Mikey!,
Remember, every job you do is a advert for your business so take your time and do it properly!
Do NOT take any  notice of the " King of the Hoovers"  , 6x £8.00 house"s an hour...All weathers..50 weeks per year...Dream on!!!

Jon T.C.

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2005, 01:02:37 pm »
Just started on my own 4 weeks ago, after working for someone for 10 yrs. Have wife , kids etc.. why didn't i do it sooner? Earn £20 p/h comfortably- no hassle - no stress.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2005, 06:59:00 pm »
Hi Jon

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find loads of interesting topics if you go back through the archives. You might also want to subscribe to 'Professional Window Cleaner' magazine if you're new to it all (http://www.professionalwindowcleaner.co.uk/

Anything else you may need help with - just ask!

Regards

Mike Boxall

Jon T.C.

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2005, 11:09:39 pm »
Are u express malvern ? I may have met u before - having had bits and pieces when working for my previous employer over there.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

AuRavelling79

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2005, 05:16:58 pm »
Hi Jon TC Welcome to the forum glad you like the work. Don't know what you were doing before but you'll feel healthier and fitter in no time!
It's a game of three halves!

shawzy

thinking of starting up?
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2005, 07:36:15 pm »
hi all
       am thinking of starting a window cleaning round but dont realy now where to start,am working full time at the minit in a diy shop earning about 22.000 a year but hate it i realy want to work for myself am very 50/50 about it all am married with three kids i will be starting part time at first just to test the water out as thay say any advice that you can give me would be great loking forward to hearing from you all
                                               thanks mark s .

zeusjazmin

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2005, 10:34:42 pm »
it is ideal working for yourself,but it is the weather i have to contend with.
in the last month i have only had about 8 working days