STEVE71163

Re: I need a push!!
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2003, 12:05:18 am »
Hi Mikey,
            In a few years time you wont even consider working for someone else again ;D

Good luck to you!

Steve Lowe

Mikey Warner

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2003, 12:14:39 am »
I'm sure I'll feel like that next year mate! cheers for your support,.... all of you!!  ;) ;D

Mikey Warner

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2003, 02:43:59 am »
;DYIPEE ;D I have just typed out my notice letter for my works! ;D so guy's i'm due back in the morn at 6am  :-[ but wil be home again by 6.30  ;D ;D so by the time you all get up tomoro I will have joined you guy's in the world of SELF EMPLOYMENT! ??? ;) ;D

Bit of a pantz post i know, but I just wanted to give you an update  ;D

Craig_Wilson

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2003, 08:13:02 am »
Ha Ha,
Walking into work with that wee envelope's a great feeling,like I said earlier I packed my job in too,About a month ago now and I've never felt happier. ;D ;D

Mikey Warner

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2003, 08:40:58 am »
Cheers Craig, It makes me feel more confident in my decision when I see posts by other people who had been in the same position and succeeded.

Ha ha, i'm also handing another months sick note in to cover me till today so i can work my months notice on holiday! ;D (And get another months wages outta them)  ;) ;D

Craig_Wilson

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2003, 09:20:30 am »
Ha Ha,
I was off for twelve weeks with a sore back.Take them for every penny. ;D ;D

Mikey Warner

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2003, 08:49:27 pm »
Ooops! looks like i opened a can of worms when I jacked in this morning! :o

I had union rep after me wanting me to say that the shifts have affected my health! :-/ and I want my redundancy or i will take them to a tribunial? :-/ :-/ ???

oh dear, now i'm a bit confused :- ??? ha ha

But still feel on top of the world now I'll be my own boss!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

andy

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2003, 10:00:08 pm »
Oh well bones!

Dont worry to much, whats the most they can do?
You'll be glad when its all over with!

Andy!

pdhanson

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2003, 01:40:14 am »
Hi Bones

I handed my notice in 10 months ago to start window cleaning, and a couple of months later my wife did the same and we now work together.

We don't miss working in a stressful office one bit.  Even on the cold days.  

Ok, it may not be the most glamourous job in the world, but what other (legal) job pays £20 an hour where you can be your own boss?

One word of caution - be careful not to price too cheaply.  Thats a common mistake!

The Silly One

Mikey Warner

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2003, 02:14:56 am »
Hi Guy's  ;D ;D

Well what can I say, thing's are going great here!! Work is coming in from all over the place!!!

But the one thing i enjoy more than anything is the feeling of being your own boss!! It's Bludy Great!!

Mikey

AndyO

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2003, 04:56:52 pm »
Sounds good Bones, hope I'll be able to say the same soon.

I've been reading my way through the threads on here and have just ordered my first lot of cleaning gear ready to start up on a part-time basis.

Mikey Warner

Re: I need a push!! (Starting up)
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2003, 11:55:17 pm »
Hello Lad's! ;D

Just a quickie to say thanks for all your support in the last few months, it's totally change my way of life and i'm a damn site happier  ;D ;D ;D

So Happy Crimbo to you all and your families and a happy and properous New Year to you all 8) 8)

Special thanks to Steve and Alan, Cheers guyz  ;) ;D

Mikey Warner

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2003, 01:35:46 am »
Thought you'd find this pretty funny,....

Postie delivered a letter on Xmas eve and it had my old works place stamp on it, ????? i thought??? opened it and it was an invitation for an interview for higher postion!!! ::) ::) best thing is, i applied for this position 5 years ago!!!!! ::) ??? ::)

Mikey

Thinking of turning up just for a laugh ;) ;D

s.hughes

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2004, 12:47:06 pm »
Bones & Andy hows it going now?
I've been going nearly 10 years now but gave up for 18 months to get a job that paid sick and holidays, trouble is you dont really see the benefit of that when you have to do the daily grind. So after 18 months of being treated crap for doing a good job I went back to the windows and since returning just over 2 years ago I have managed to create much better work. I am always coming across people who say they are earning this and that but I just laugh. I just earn enough to keep me and the family happy which is just under 25 thou a year and I look at it that you end up with a lot more time on your hands for the more important things in life. To add to the windows it may be an idea to get a few office cleaning contracts which is what I did and its great cause on them really wet days you just dont have to worry bout earnings.
Anyhow let us all know how things are going.
Steve

Mikey Warner

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2004, 10:43:53 pm »
Hi,

Things going from strength to strength!! Just a few Commercial offers i'm a bit lost with but i have a couple of goods lads from this forum i've been buggin for help,  ;).

Bloody cold day today and nobody offered me a cuppa  :'(, went hell for leather too, but a lady caught me on my last house and asked if i could fit her in so i did and she made me a cuppa!! and the appreciation i got from her made the day!!

Mikey

Majestic

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2004, 09:27:06 pm »
Hi
I think that most of us have bad days , when you get cheesed off someone just says the wright  thing and you feel ok.  ;) 8)

AndyO

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2004, 03:16:31 pm »
First day of canvassing today. Not outstanding results, but it's a start. After the first few doors, it doesn't feel as bad. Should be interesting to see if I get any response from the leaflets I put through doors of those not at home!

I was going to start mid December, but thought I'd wait until after Christmas/New Year as people are less likely to be distracted by festive headaches.

taffy_2

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2004, 12:02:30 am »
Im in the same boat as you I am seriously thinking about going by myself at the moment employed to clean windows and what made me consider going alone was went to clean a house the other day and the woman gave me £20 I told her to mail it to the boss and I said to myself national minimum wage for me £20 an hr for him ???

matt

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2004, 09:38:09 pm »
only way to work, is for yourself, you start when you want, finish when you want, and earn all you earn :)

of course, the grand plan of things is to emply people, so they earn it for you  ;D ;D ;D

wrighty

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2004, 01:24:01 am »
Hey Matty,

You hit the nail on the head mate

Craig