Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Sale
« Last post by Slacky on Today at 06:33:25 pm »
You’ve got email
Carpet Cleaning Forum / HiLite Services
« Last post by C.C.S. on Today at 06:22:55 pm »
Has anyone tried to contact Brian at Hilite Services ? I have some issues with my Tempest carpet cleaning machine and can't get through the phone line ,goes straight to voicemail. Also sent a few emails about a week ago and got no response .
Thanks .
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: pressure washer issues
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 06:18:36 pm »
Why buy cheapest?

It's a pretty expensive game to enter when one has no experience or knowledge about Pressure Washing.
I just jumped in and was lucky buying the Vanguard then I added a hose reel which was £500 without hose. I now have 3 twin turbo lances at £250 each so when I add it all up I'm over £10k due to two Falch nozzles.
Would only do a £100 job when I have a full day PW so I can do them all together. If you start early then you can fit 3 jobs in and make it worth while.

Theres plenty of people starting off spending way less than i did. You see all sorts of cheap machines being used like the hyundai and jcb, clarke, kiam etc. Some people buy second hand, which is fine but no one knows the problems they might have. Im happy with what i bought. Its ok saying buy a gx390 but what does that have to do with anything, some machines costing 3k are using the same gearbox thats on mine.

Not to mention some people may not have the funds, you start where you can. When i started window cleaning i had a 600 quid van, a cobbled together trolley and a harris pole with a tesco floor brush on it! Now i have a brand new van, leccy reels, high mod poles etc. But i guess im just mug anyway so who cares  ;D trust me if i get into the pressure washing i will have all the gear in no time thats just what im like.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: pressure washer issues
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 06:11:21 pm »
Why buy the cheapest

Well its not exactly the cheapest is it, its a good entry level machine its just the cheapest 21lpm loncin i could find that had a decent pump.

The loncin engines get a good rep a lot of people have said they are as reliable as honda.

I dont have a problem with the engine, it turns out its just a seal on the gearbox that hasnt been installed properly by the manufacturer, these things happen its no big deal. The same gearbox is used on more expensive gx390 machines
i looked around and for similar mchine they were 400 quid dearer over here.

If i was relying on this for a living i would have a back up machine, it would be madness to do this everyday and not have 2 of everything.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Sale
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 05:55:20 pm »
If you end up  spliting could you send me an email let me know how much you want for the softwash unit adam@thompsonprocleaning.co.uk 
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: PS Coming On
« Last post by Bungle on Today at 05:48:15 pm »
Update: no problems at all today. I didn't  work yesterday. Fingers crossed.
Used Equipment For Sale/Wanted / Pressure washer for sale.
« Last post by Slacky on Today at 03:54:44 pm »
Just putting this out there to gauge interest.

In about 3 weeks I’ll be looking to offload my Pressure Washer, a Honda GX 390 with 20” FSC. Since Ive had its been serviced regularly and starts just about first pull.

Turbo and rinse lance.

Also there is a Loncin MC18 Softwash unit, with 75 litre header/mixing tank.

Approximately 60 metres of P/W hose, 210 litre wheelie bin with connections for coupling to pressure washer.
A set of ramps for van loading.

45' SLX pole (mostly SLX sections, a couple of extreme sections in there as well) with FSC solar panel cleaning unit.
£2,850, cash.

If desired also there's a well put together pressure washing website, which really would just need a few adjustments such as telephone numbers.

Will in about 3 weeks I’ll be looking to offload my Pressure Washer, a Honda GX 390 with 20” FSC. Since Ive had its been serviced regularly and starts just about first pull.
Turbo and rinse lance.
Approximately 60 metres of P/W hose, 210 litre wheelie bin with connections for coupling to pressure washer.
45' SLX pole (mostly SLX sections, a couple of extreme sections in there as well) with FSC solar panel cleaning unit.
£2,850, cash.
If desired also there's a well put together pressure washing website, which really would just need a few adjustments such as telephone numbers.
Window Cleaning Forum / Sale
« Last post by Slacky on Today at 03:45:42 pm »
Just putting this out there to gauge interest.

In about 3 weeks I’ll be looking to offload my Pressure Washer, a Honda GX 390 with 20” FSC. Since Ive had its been serviced regularly and starts just about first pull.

Turbo and rinse lance.

£2,850, cash.

If desired (or if you buy everything listed)  also there's a well put together pressure washing website, which really would just need a few adjustments such as telephone numbers.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: PS Coming On
« Last post by Ian Sheppard on Today at 03:07:18 pm »
PS has been coming on since Friday. I've been managing to get it to clear by wiggling the wires to the pressure switch. Sounds like a dodgy connection. It was boiling my puss today. Hose had been pulled out about 75m and I had to go back to the van at least 3 times. I did disconnect the two wires going to the switch but PS was still showing on the controller. I also turned the Allen key one way and then the other. I unscrewed the strainer and cleared that. I also reduced the calibration down. Since this it has worked fine but I'm not holding my breath.

Surely if I disconnect the two wires to the switch it will be by-passed?

Hi Bungle. If wiggling the wires connecting to the pump pressure switch stops PS displaying then the wiring is definitely the cause of the issue.

The controller carries out an electrical text to see if the pump motor is connected and in circuit. If there is a wiring issue for example damaged cable connector the controller can not detect the pump motor and will display PS.

Check the spade connectors on the pressure switch replace damaged or corroded spade connectors Or as suggested bypass the pressure switch.

As the issue is wiring related in this case changing calibration wont help

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10