collins ReVive Stoneworks

Help needed staff issues and customers
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:18:19 pm »
Hi

can any one help my misses

basically she runs a very successful house cleaning business and has for four years

now i know this is crazy ,

but does any one have a contract for the cleaner and customers - so that they can not if any thing else deter them from going direct

recently had customers pinch our staff and staff pinch our  customers as i said we are crazy but we come from avery trusting back groud and treat others as we would like to be treated ( rather shat on lately excuse the pun). please

please.

also some customers really try it on with small claims amd other for accidents caused by some of our cleaners does any one have a waiver of  responsibility at all letter any help would be great

and i promise to help with floor cleaning issues www.floortec.biz >:(
Karl collins

Collybolly

Re: Help needed staff issues and customers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:48:08 pm »
Hi 'Collins' I posted this a bit ago you may find useful:

Unfortunately "proper legal advice" might need to be taken if any Restrictive Covenant is to be enforceable....

There are broadly four types of restrictive covenant:

1. non-compete covenants – which seek to prevent an ex-employee from directly competing or working for a competitor, usually within a specific geographical area, for a set period following termination;

2. non-solicitation/non-dealing covenants – which seek to prevent an ex-employee from entering into working relationships with former customers, by seeking or accepting orders for goods and services, for a set period following termination.;

3. non-poaching of employees – which seek to prevent an ex-employee from recruiting former colleagues for a set period following termination;

4. restrictions on the use of confidential information – which seek to prohibit the use of any confidential information (usually identified by a non-exhaustive list of examples) acquired by an employee during employment.

Have a look at the following http://www.gannons.co.uk/employment_law/?page=restrictive_covenants it gives a 'checklist' of considerations.

I've no idea who Gannons are so can't vouch for them but their explanation is 'to the point'.

carpet guy

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:24:45 pm »
The problem with all such agreements, is enforcement. I made one up for clients, which is worded along the lines of an agency agreement.  Suggesting that, in the event, that a client wishes to take   on one of our employees, we would agree to this on payment of £500 to compensate for recruitment and  training costs.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

collins ReVive Stoneworks

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 11:13:26 am »
Thanks for

your help on this matter does get yer though

when they take your staff on direct oh well LIFE eh

thanks

Karl
Karl collins

keeping it clean

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:57:49 pm »
Hi there,

I have had exactly the same experience as yourselves lately, all because I had to introduce vat to my customers.  It's been a nightmare - customers nicked a cleaner and did not have the decency to be honest with me.  I have now arranged for all my existing and new customers to sign a contract - it's very basic but covers the main points.  The wording I use as far as losing cleaners is concerned is :

I Agree I shall not solicit or otherwise seek to induce or utilize, by way of private arrangement, the services of our cleaner or any other employee/contractor of Claire’s Cleaning Services.

It has taught me not to take things for granted as trust seems to be an issue.  I hope this helps, and if it's any consolation I know exactly how this kind of thing hurts.

regards,
Claire