UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Egg Yoke / Egg White Second Story

(1/2) > >>

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner:
Any advice given on this one fella`s,much appreciated.In the new year I`ve this commercial account to do
that s got egg yoke and white thrown up it.The thing is it`s second story.It can`t be laddered which I
don`t do ladder work anymore anyway.I do it monthly with the W.F.P. and a two foot `ledger` extention
because its set well back.At say zero degree for scraping etc. how do ya get to the glass,it`s got me beat.
There`s also bus stops,taxi ranks and a supermarket in the way just to make things even worse!!! Thats why
it can`t be laddered.

Lewis Doubtfire, Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )

WavieDavie:
This is probably the same as asking if the plug's in if the kettle's not working, but do the windows open/come in, or is it a facade?

If they don't open, it looks like you need a cherry picker. Do they want to pay for the hire of that for taking off some egg mess.

OR How about a cranked angle bracket on a pole to use a scraper - or use a WHITE abrasive pad on one of those Unger Clamp attachments.

Maybe try that new stuff Fairy were advertising to get through all types of kitchen guff - leave it to soak and then go back for a massive rinse off.

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner:
Karlos,Willie and anyone interested.The windows are old sash windows in poor condition
generally although they do clean up well with W.F.P overall.Well and truly painted up inside
so can`t open.An Unger or Triumph or Ettore scraper on an angle adpator the blade would be
zero degree which would`nt scrape.No way would the owner hire a cherry picker,its not so
serious.A pad in a fixi-clamp ya would`nt get enough `banjo` I recon.I might try asking the
owner to get one of the lads to try and free up the paintwork inside to open both the top and
bottom sash,see what happens.

Lewis Doubtfire, Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )

WavieDavie:
Get him told that painted shut second floor windows are illegal in case of fire! He'll need to get the windows freed anyway to have the outsides painted sometime.

Failing that, how about a well-aimed brick - then all you've got to worry about is getting the putty off ::)

windakleena1:
If it helps attall, i got this eggyoke quite a while ago and in my travels i got chatting to sum blokes installing double glazing , they gave me a tin of this stuff which was like  white shaving foam...you sprayed it on, let it settle, and wiped it off. ive since run out of it and forgotton the name , but im sure if you look on the web youll find something....hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version