gaza

REGENERATING RESIN
« on: December 06, 2004, 04:00:21 am »
 8)LOOK AT THE TIME,IVE JUST SPENT 4HRS ON THIS SUBJECT,AND SOME SMART GUY/GAL IS GOING TO TELL ME IT CARNT BE DONE FOR RESIN FOR WFP.GOD THERE IS SOME TECNICAL BULL ABOUT,ON SOME SITES,SOME TECH IS VERY INTERESTING LIKE USING SALT TABLETS TO HELP TO REGENERATE THE RESIN,AND STUFF ABOUT BACK WASHING THE RESIN BUT KNOW 1 TELLS YOU HOW TO DIY ANYONE ON THE KNOW.IVE FOUND M/BED RESIN 4 £62 +VAT FOR25 LITRES OF MB50 RESIN ANY BETTER OFFERS?AT ANDREWS WATER TREATMENT WEB SITE GOD GOT TO BE UP IN THREE HALF HRS TAKING MY STEPSON FOR A GO ON MY MANOR,MUST BE MAD!HES GOING TO BE TEA BOY 4 A DAY OR SO ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

heritagecleaning

Re: REGENERATING RESIN
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:11:11 am »
Are you 'Vicky Pollard' from 'Little Britain'? It sounds like it!

adl

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 04:12:34 pm »
i dont know what he is drinking but i want a pint of it

regards dave adl

gaza

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:33:49 pm »
type in search  regenerating resin,then go through the web sites and you will see what i mean,it is a process done with water sofeners
so why carnt wfp resin be regenerated,or dont they want you to know,by the way just invented the ever lasting never need sharpening razor interested are we,what a money saver that would be,reviatalizing your old resin now were talking money.am i the only one who does research on this forum?
good looking people dont need ugly sleep

gaza

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 04:52:44 pm »
Are you 'Vicky Pollard' from 'Little Britain'? It sounds like it!
dont see anywhere on your web site (window cleaner mentioned)got you by the janitorials there.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 11:09:50 pm »
Gaza

Your last post is nonsensical and has no meaning in written English. What on Earth are you talking about?

gaza

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 12:08:49 am »
i run a window cleaning buiss using a w/f/p 4 a company of your size,water fed pole(look under tucker pole systems)the last batch of resin I needed cost me £112.Now im sure cost and material means something to you ,cus my wife even knows about them,so in a water sofener they use resin,and to save on costs and enable it to continue to treat water it has a system built into it that regenerates the resin.see under water sofener on internet.So can we as wfp peeps regenerate our resin or isit a fact that the people who sell us the resin dont want us to know that it can be regenerated?so they can sell it to us at £112 when through research Ive found it at half price.when they regenerate the resin in water sofeners they add salt,and back wash it (force the solution backwards through the resin)this is done by the softener when water is not required eg at night,but as yet Ive not found out away of doing it in a diy fashion.My bank would rather see my money in my account ,than the suppliers.Even though you think Im a loony, Im doing alright thankyou.If you are refering to" got you by the janitals" I mean to type" b******s"sorry,but I dont see window cleaners on your web site,so to return a favour this looney is going to tell you his little secret,instead of using lift to clean grease away use neat Tfr see under traffic film remover,no water to wipe away,just one wipe and its away,do you know how I KNOW THIS CUS i do recearch into it,or try differrnt things to save money,let me know if im right or wrong.
                      yours
                      gaza

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 01:09:41 am »
Gaza

I've been searching over on Peter's site http://www.window-tools.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl for an answer for you, but I'm stuck. I'm sure I read on there that you could do this, but it involved something along the lines of using something corrosive to rinse the resin, wasn't the easiest task in the world, and it worked out cheaper just getting replacement resin unless you were doing things in bulk.

If you haven't already been over there, pay him a visit and maybe ask him direct.

Hope you find an answer.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Rob_B

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 08:50:50 am »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=738.0

This came up a while back about regenerating resin, looks too much hassle, and a bit dangerous.

WavieDavie

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 12:10:30 pm »
Doh! I knew Peter was in the thread. As it's on here, that'll be why I couldn't find it on Peter's site  :-[

All credit to Rob though - well done for that.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

karlosdaze

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 01:21:19 pm »

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 04:41:48 pm »
Hi Gaza,

Let me try to clear up some confusion.  Water softening is done using one resin only, which is regenerated with salt.  Water purification for wfp uses a mixture of TWO resins, each of which has to be regenerated separately - the first with acid, and the second with caustic soda.  Separation is difficult, and regeneration isn't a DIY job, so in our industry the mixed bed resin is usually discarded, and new resin used.

As you rightly commented, Andrews Water Treatment are currently offering virgin mixed bed resin for only £62, plus £13 carriage, plus VAT, on-line on our website at http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/MISCELLANEOUS.html.  As you'll see above, we also offer expert advice, totally FREE.  Give us a ring if you need any help.

Hope this helps, Andrew

mickeyfat

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 01:11:27 pm »
 ::)

sham33

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 04:36:35 pm »
No matter where u buy virgin resin it always roughly comes to £85 after vat and del. It seems impossible to get it significantly cheaper anywhere alse at the mo  :'(