UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

rubbing you hands together

(1/5) > >>

adl:
Ever had that call "can you come now my radiator has leaked" or "i have spilt a cup of coffee on the carpet" what do you do? rub rub rub as the pound notes flash past your eyes! but if that same customer had phoned and said is their any chance you could come later today to clean my carpet you wouldnt be rubbing so hard now would you? You will get far more business in the long run by treating your customers fairly and not ripping them off. Remember recomendation is the best source of advertising! The moral of this story (if you are not asleep by now is a little off many is far better than one big hit off one?????

squeaky:
Well said !

Dynafoam:
Here. Here ! An enlightened attitude and it does pay dividends - I have not paid a penny for advertising for over 38 years and get as much work as I wish to do.

John.

Mike Halliday:
If  a new customer rings me and says they have just had an accident yes i do rub my hands and have £££s signs flashing before  my eyes :D

because I know All I have to do is walk in with my spotting machine, whip out the stain and I get £35.  as for the customer who wants me to come later to clean their carpet, they are out of luck because I'm fully booked!

I think the other side of the coin is more prevelant in our industry, carpet cleaners using their expertise and  not having £££s signs flashing most carpet cleaners I meet are too nice for their own good when they should be charging for thier services they give it as a freebie.

How many times have you done a small job for a pensioner and accepted just a token payment.

Mike

Dynafoam:

--- Quote ---

How many times have you done a small job for a pensioner and accepted just a token payment.

Mike
--- End quote ---

More times than I can count - but it does feel good :)

On the commercial side, many of my long-term regulars are sons/daughters of these 'charity' cases and they do not question my charges as they do not see me as a 'money grabber'.

John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version