Peter Timko

What machine on up to 10A -16A
« on: November 08, 2020, 09:59:05 am »
Dear Sir.Madam.We are a cleaning Company in Slovakia and i would like to buy some Cleaning machine for carpet cleaning.Is it possible you offer me some machine from your range?The machine we are looking for is 220v and the propetys we are normaly use this machines have 10-16A fuse.Thanks for your help and offer.Best regards Peter from LK Clean.

Robin Ray

Re: What machine on up to 10A -16A
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 03:28:25 pm »
All uk machines will operate on 13amp plugs at 230v, so should all be suitable in Slovakia. The maximum any appliance should draw in the uk on any single plug is 13 amps. Uk machinery gets around this by splitting the amp draw over multiple leads and plugs. Most use two some even use three. The only problem you may come up against is internal property wiring. In the Uk we have ring mains which generally run at 32 amps this means you can plug a machine with two or even three cords in to one ring main and it will still operate. Other countries such as the usa have single electrical legs which run at 15 amps, this style of system will still work with Uk style machinery. If however you have multiple sockets which run on a single 16 amp fuse or trip Uk machinery will likely cause problems. I hope this all makes sense to you.

Peter Timko

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 06:36:17 pm »
Thanks.Could someone offer me a high quality carpet cleaning machine that uses a maximum of 10-16A power from the outlet.Here we have all the sockets connected to one 10 or 16A fuse.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 08:02:44 pm »
It depends a bit on how practical it is to use the 16amp fused sockets in you country  . Are they just in one room or in a few rooms . And where are the 10amp sockets ? all over house .

Just using one company for example , Il pick cleansmart ( airflex machines )

If you have to stick to 10amps one cord machine  ...   a single vac machine like the airflex miniflex with one 8.4 motor and a 220psi pump is about 8.5 amps .

An airflex pro one cord machine with one 1400wvac (7amps ) and one 1200w vac (5amps )  you could then add a pump like the 220psi (about 1.5amps ) or the 400psi ( about 3amps      ) total 14 or 15amps . (suitable for your 16amp fused circuit )

The Airflex storm is a two cord machine  , if its practical for you to use the two fuses over two cords ... then you could have one 6.6 vac ( 7amps ) on one cord plugging into the 10amp socket ... and on cord two another 6.6 vac (7amps and a pump about 3 or 5 amps for a 400psi -600psi pump .

Then a water heater is another issue you want that  ...   an inline heater like the magma would be about 12 amps

It might be good to message the Machine manufacturer as they are probably used to getting inquiry's from abroad and may do a custom version for your electrical needs .

Other companies worth asking  ...  Ashbys  , Alltec  ,    few others 

Peter Timko

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:10:03 am »
Thank you for your advice.
In older flats there is only one 10A circuit breaker, in newer and in houses there are already 16A. I would like a machine that has water heating but I don't know if it will be possible to find it with such parameters. flats but only smaller max 2m x 3m are most often with long hair. Now I use big green bissell on carpets and Athena 6 Automatic upholstery
6-bar steam unfortunately there are no trainings with us so I have to learn new techniques here ..

john martin

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 07:38:45 pm »
are you sure its just one 10amp supply for the whole flat  ?    if so just boiling a water kettle and running a small electric heater would blow the fuse . 
Some of the UK holiday caravan parks have a small supply like that  , perhaps some of the caravan service guys here might have a machine suggestion for you .

Some of the Carpet cleaning machines have an immersion heater built into the water tank .  If you had that you could at least have the heater warming the water as you prepare for cleaning ,  like  dry vacuum or prespray and agitate .  You would have to switch off the heater while using the machine during  cleaning .

Some option might be  ...  get a smaller machine with built in immersion heater like alltec express or ashbys sensei  ...  they are single vac but you could get a 1600w 6.6 motor in the alltec  ....
In the sensei they use a 1500w 5.7vac  ... but they sell a vacuum  booster which you could attach when your in a 16amp house .

Another option  , if you want a bigger machine  ....    some big machines like the parallel Ashbys enforcer or the Alltec parallel machines have a one way valve on each vacuum ... so you could switch one vac off in the 10amp house ....and use two vacs in the 16amp ... both of these machines are available with in tank heaters also .

If you are in an area with blocks of flats and no elevators though ... you might be better with the smaller size machines are they could be easier brought upstairs .