dazmond

you diesel heater users were right.......
« on: December 08, 2020, 03:46:27 pm »
my heater is working great now.....it took the 2 guys 20 mins to take the heater out of my cabinet and fit the new glow pin.......coiled hose temperature after heater running for 20-30 mins was 62c.....they had indeed fitted a brand new glow pin that was a dud! ::)roll ;D....just one of them things.....

i got talking to both of them and they said its the worst burner theyd ever seen...they reckon that the kink in the hose(leading to the heat exchanger) had stopped the  burner from burning off the soot and that the kink was probably there since installation but had got worse over  time and restricted the water flow resulting in less heat......

they said these burner units should last anywhere between 7-10 years so ill hold my hands up i was wrong lads! :)

anyway glad ive got it sorted now.....just waiting for the gasman to get my heating back on in my flat now as its ruddy freezing!! ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

dd

Re: you diesel heater users were right.......
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 03:59:04 pm »
Told you it was not right from day 1 on your other thread. This is really not a good advert for Grippa.

Be worth speaking to them and telling them your Webasto engineer's opinion. IMO Grippa should pay towards your repair. You will also likely have got through more diesel than necessary to run it over the 3 years you have had it.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 04:11:17 pm »
Told you it was not right from day 1 on your other thread. This is really not a good advert for Grippa.

Be worth speaking to them and telling them your Webasto engineer's opinion. IMO Grippa should pay towards your repair. You will also likely have got through more diesel than necessary to run it over the 3 years you have had it.

yes thats another thing they said....ill use less diesel........i only put £100-£120  a month in my van  anyway and that includes driving about as well as heating my water every day....
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 04:16:18 pm »
Glad you got it sorted , with all that extra heat watch you don’t crack any windows 😂😂😂

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 04:21:26 pm »
Seems a right load of hassle this hot water malarky,is it really worth it  ;D

NWH

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 04:56:24 pm »
Told you Daz you had a dodgy one m8 they last years like I said my other burner lasted 8-10 years and it was clean on inspection for it’s time used,don’t let it power down like you have been recirculate it you’ll see what I mean about the water getting very hot and not losing heat as you say on cold ground lol.