please help
thanks
simon
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

JRDEasiReach

Re: help with canvassing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:50:50 pm »
simple answer and it works for me, very well too.

1. knock door
2. door is answered with flyer in hand simply say 'hello im doing a bit of canvassing for window cleaning in the area, would you be interested?'  (watch body language and if they seem interested go for the kill)
3. they say 'yes i would be how much for a house this size?'
4. you reply 'it just depends on the amount of windows, we have no set prices, have you a conservatory out the back, do you mind if i have a wee look now and give you a quote?'
5 they reply 'sure go on ahead'
6. you take a wee look, dont rush it, take your time to see what access is like etc then knock the door again and give them your price, dont be shy about asking a bit higher then go for it worst you can get is a flat NO, if they have said yes in the first place they wont be too hard to get a final yes out of, after that you just find out how often and how they are going to pay you etc.

Simple method.
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

ftp

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 03:53:35 pm »
Maybe a different angle of attack - what are you like with ladders? There's plenty of gutter emptying and cleaning work about if you ask. I don't advertise really and never doorknock yet I seem to have plenty of work. I'm sure if you were to knock you would pick up plenty of work to tide you over 'till the spring.

simon smith50

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 04:21:51 pm »
thanks for that
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way