drive surgeon

Re: idea of price to charge for patio
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »
Some people will charge cheap and Do it as quick as they can or some others will take their time and charge more. If you charge cheap you find yourself rushing to get to the next job whereas the guy who charged more and takes his time is more chilled.  So you cud do  3 of these at £120 each in a day  (earn £300 )and be rushing inbetween or stuck in traffic or you could do 2 of these at £150 each and be more relaxed. Maybe do one in morning and one in afternoon. Or you could charge £200 and take your time and do a small other job in afternoon and be home at 3 pm and still make £300. Some people charge too cheap and are killing themselves instead of charging more and taking your time. If you need to earn more than £300 a day then do one in the morning at £200 and another in afternoon at £200 or more.

Kenny83

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »
Good point drive surgeon, theres arguments for and against as i have always said, there is no right or wrong price, the only price is the one thats profitable to the individual, providing they get the job... then it becomes a dead loss  ;D  It's also all down to having the right tools and perfecting the job routine, also planning it in so that it fits in that way everything works like a well oiled machine :) i personally don't want to be chilled out driving round a couple of jobs per day being lapsy daisy, I want to get stuck in, take the bull by the horns and work at the business 100 percent with a view to growing year on year, I suppose it's an ambitious outlook but it works for me :) show the customer we graft and then give them the best price possible providing the job quality isn't compromised for cost of course. Then I'm onto the next, see you next year, another customer added to the database :) 2 different ways of working. More customers on your books means more possible jobs and leads from their recommendation :)
we could do the same job as you but charge less than half the price. .. and still earn the same per day :)
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

vclean

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »
do you guys cover up any windows or anything to stop the overspray?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »
how much petrol does a pressure washer go through? is there an average cost per hour on the tools?

And oil, how often and what cost is that?

Tempted to start offering the service.

drive surgeon

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »
do you guys cover up any windows or anything to stop the overspray?

No hardly ever unless you get an awkward custy

Kenny83

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 08:22:12 pm »
First mention of prices and everybody wants to start jumping on it :)
Well let me tell you mate, my machine uses around 80 quids worth of fuel per day and I turn over around 150 a day :)
It's hard out there..... ;)

On a serious note, the more people start will mean the more competition equals prices being driven down.... so in all fairness I suppose I'm already a step ahead :)
Pressure Washing -

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »
Well let me tell you mate, my machine uses around 80 quids worth of fuel per day and I turn over around 150 a day :)

On a serious note, the more people start will mean the more competition equals prices being driven down.... so in all fairness I suppose I'm already a step ahead :)

I always thought Wigan was quite far from Edinburgh or do you cover Edinburgh too?

Oh well sounds like i'd better not give up the shelves stacking job at the local supermarket then mate?

Jettaway

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 08:57:57 pm »

Just 80, wish mine was that fuel efficient. Mr Esso must love me

drive surgeon

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 08:58:17 pm »
Yeah and from September to March is dead as a dodo.  :'(

drive surgeon

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »
 ;D

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »
My machine drinks about a tank (£7.00) in 2-3 hrs  it looks like 2hr-2 1/2 hrs work with setting up and depending on there water supply and cleaning away I would want at least £50.00 per hr so still say £150.00

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »
My machine drinks about a tank (£7.00) in 2-3 hrs

Thanks mate, nice to see someone keeping the forum spirit alive and not just boasting on how long their hose is  ;D

Kenny83

Re: idea of price to charge for patio New
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 09:08:37 pm »

I always thought Wigan was quite far from Edinburgh or do you cover Edinburgh too?

Oh well sounds like i'd better not give up the shelves stacking job at the local supermarket then mate?
it's a joke mate, we have lots of them on this section and in wigan... you are free to do what you like, where ever you like, we live in a world of free enterprise  ;D
I always welcome fair competition, it keeps me on my toes and it's and it's another talking point with the customers who fall foul to inexperienced chencers or gypises :)
Pressure Washing -