vclean

workwear
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »
hi guys,

I am just starting out with my driveway cleaning business.

What do you guys wear for doing jobs?

any health and safety matters to take into consideration?

any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Luke

wpclean

Re: workwear
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:04:40 pm »
Baseball cap, ear protectors, eye visors, waterproof trousers ( expect them to fall apart at the bottom if you have short legs like me ) Waterproof boots ( wellies )
I keep forgetting to wear the eye visors, and I have scratched three pairs of specs !

Jettaway

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:31 pm »
I wear snickers work wear trousers/shorts.

Then wellies, waterproof trousers, anti vibe gloves, eye protectors.

drive surgeon

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »
Anti vibe gloves. Do u find they help?  I think they make it hard to grip the gun. My fingers are painfully at times tho after years on the lance. Gonna have white finger

Griffus

Matt Gibson

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:01:37 am »
Get some waterproof riggers boots. The rubber ones. Cheap and cheerful.  Steel soles and steel toe caps. You will understand when you run the turbo nozzle over your toes wearing just normal wellies.

Jettaway

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 08:58:40 am »
Anti vibe gloves. Do u find they help?  I think they make it hard to grip the gun. My fingers are painfully at times tho after years on the lance. Gonna have white finger

I think they do mate, I know there's evidence for and against them but I wouldn't be without.

Bare hands I used to get tingly fingers after only about 2 hours on the machine. With vibe gloves I can do a full 6 hour shift  ;) and not feel anything unusual.

I cable tie the triggers too which I think helps.

jim mca

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 11:01:00 pm »
Shorts, T shirt, Sombrero and factor 20

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 11:07:02 pm »
Ok cheers jet away. Will try another pair. It must be a pain having to cable tie the triggers all the time. We've just started putting a tennis ball in the whirlaway trigger and it works a treat. But it's the turbo that kills our hands. I've had painfully fingers lately,. The vibrations and fumes from machine are the worst part of the job. Just ordered a mask that cyclists wear for when working close to machine. The fumes are bad.

Jettaway

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:27:28 am »
Naa. I  cable tie once. Then slide it up and down the trigger as required.

The fumes are a pain aswell.  Again I put machine well away from me and point the exhaust in the other direction.