ValueValeting

Complaint by abusive phone call
« on: September 18, 2005, 04:06:43 pm »
Hi all

How would you deal with a customer (His car, he booked, he paid)whose wife calls up 2 days after the job has been done and paid for! and shouting and screaming down the phone (to voicemail - naturally!!)  that there has been "a sh** job" done "rah rah rah!".

There are obviously many ways to deal with it - some more obvious than others depending on the complaint message left - " hello, I have a problem, could you possibly call me back please" would certainly get me to call a customer staight back!!

It is the first complaint i have received in the 4 months I have been going so just looking for some feedback

williamx

Re: Complaint by abusive phone call
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 04:15:51 pm »
Don't call them back until they are more civil.

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 05:03:24 pm »
Well said, i would wait to see if they call again and if they start ranting tell them you cannot deal with complaint until they are civil toward you.

Jan K

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 08:04:05 pm »
i agree with the above 2 posters......you do not have to take abuse from anyone..........2 days is too long to wait to complain.........if there was a problem they should have let you know sooner
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

ValueValeting

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 08:21:57 pm »
Good I'm glad I'm not off the mark in what I am going to do about it! (mind already made up , basically wanted confirmation ;D)

I don't use sign-off/acceptance sheets with the car valeting, mainly because when the customer pays the work has been signed off (in my book anyhow...)

Its just annoying coz its the first complaint (hopefully the last...) and its probably gonna be quite difficult to find out what the problem is/was

Pristine_Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 10:17:36 pm »
I would call them back immediately, see if they are civil to you, if not ask them to be.   

Ask them what their issue is?
Why did they not call back the next day instead of waiting 2 days?
If the issue can be sorted for them Sort it!

Instead of them fuming and telling everyone about this car valet that they got done, they will tell people that you called back, put up with the abuse they gave you and sorted their problem, and that yes they would recommend you because of your professionalism and prompt response.

There is probably a very simple explanation for their problem .

Thats what I think you should do.

Regards

John
John Byrne
Pristine Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 10:28:53 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I am afraid I am going to have to side with John on this one.

You should call them back and if they are abusive, kindly tell them you cannot rectify their problem whilst they are talking to you like that.

I do agree two days later is a bit late, however, they may not have inspected the car straight away, even though they should have.

With being a new business, you need all the verbal recommendations possible as negatives will spread faster then positives.

Hope this helps

Andrew

ValueValeting

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 12:17:50 am »
Hi Everyone,

I am afraid I am going to have to side with John on this one.

You should call them back and if they are abusive, kindly tell them you cannot rectify their problem whilst they are talking to you like that.

I do agree two days later is a bit late, however, they may not have inspected the car straight away, even though they should have.

With being a new business, you need all the verbal recommendations possible as negatives will spread faster then positives.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Y
Hi

Yes I do see the valid points of the above two posts.

However it was the husband who booked, checked and paid for the valet - I don't do sign off sheets, but I always get the customer to check the vehicle before paying me.

[ put into a corporate setting.

1 director  calls, books, provides purchase order, checks work and authorises payment

Director number 2- who you've never met-  then rings up screaming down the phone to your voicemail on a sunday.....  ]

I'll sleep on whether i ring MY client up - him... ;D

Thanks Chaps(esses)

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 04:54:17 pm »
When you get your car back from a main dealer they always have a clause that saya the vehicle was returned in good order.

Just my opinion, You should always get a signature when returning the car / completion of work.  It could have been worse the car could have been damaged after you worked on it and thay could try to blame you.

Don't bury your head in the sand.  Get on the phone and face the music.  You'll gain respect and future business. 

Treat them as you would like to be treated.  Always be polite and tell your customer you don't repond to verbal abuse.

Always be fully insured far all of your operations. You never know.

Good luck with your new business!

When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 05:56:13 pm »
I would also agree that you should deal with the customer.  Complaints, I am afraid come with the job.  And it certainly will not be your last, as customers will always try and wing it.

The last thing you need are people bad mouthing your company......

Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"