Stoots

I spent my bounce back loan
« on: May 31, 2020, 06:35:00 pm »
On a Truck  ;D

NWH

Re: I spent my bounce back loan
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 06:37:39 pm »
What did you do that for you could have claimed again in August and paid cash for it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 06:44:52 pm »
What did you do that for you could have claimed again in August and paid cash for it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cant claim anything mate, Ltd company im afraid

anyway the bounce back loan is almost as good as cash, only a few hundred quid interest....

NWH

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 08:27:03 pm »
Good on ya m8. 👍

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 08:31:43 pm »
I have 2 mates that have owned them and both trucks lived in the repair shop , hope you have better luck.

High-Tower

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 08:52:32 pm »
For Work? Or play?

zesty

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »
Enjoy it Adam 👍🏼

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 09:08:08 pm »
Where are you gonna put your poles?

Totally impractical for window cleaning IMO Adam but each to their own....their also known to be very unreliable vehicles.....
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 09:17:02 pm »

Totally impractical for window cleaning IMO Adam but each to their own....their also known to be very unreliable vehicles.....

Pretty sure this will be along side his van mate...

It’s a way of having a 5 seater that’s still tax deductible as he can use it for ‘work’ as well...

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 09:18:40 pm »

I once remember a guy who was earning as much out the back if an old golf as he was a van!!
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 09:40:20 pm »
As long as it's got heated seats it'll be fine  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 09:48:09 pm »
On a Truck  ;D

Just a word of warning a friend of mine bought one of them that was three years old when he took it in for the mot the following year it failed on rusty chassis it was very badly corroded , the mot station said it was a common problem . Might pay just to get it checked out just in case . 

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 09:48:56 pm »
I've had the debate in my head for years whether to try a truck for work, I've always fancied one but questioned the practicalities so im going to try it for work and see how I get on with it, I have a car and a van but the car is rarely used so hoping I can just use the one vehicle for everything.

my 25ft slx fits in diagonally with a bit of room to spare. I only have about 6 houses that I can't reach with that so I'll either just bin them off or the extensions may fit in, or they could go across the back seats.. I've not tried  yet.

Getting a canopy tomorrow so then I'll do some measuring up for  tank etc.

As for reliability, I've read about the many flaws of numerous trucks...name a truck and there's a horror story to go with it.. In the end I just went with the cheapest, newest, lowest mileage one I could find that I liked the look of. I wanted white as I think they look more of a work truck I'm just debating whether to sign write it.

To be honest, it's the newest best condition vehicle I've ever owned, full leather, heated seats etc. I'm chuffed to bits with it  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 09:56:04 pm »
On a Truck  ;D

Just a word of warning a friend of mine bought one of them that was three years old when he took it in for the mot the following year it failed on rusty chassis it was very badly corroded , the mot station said it was a common problem . Might pay just to get it checked out just in case .

Yes, chassis was the first thing I inspected its a known issue, they snap in half 😂

M.O.T history doesn't mention corrosion which is good

I'm not worried, this one is in decent condition and luckily my dad is a welder/fabricator and we've already discussed taking the rear tub off and plating it all up as a precaution. It will all be treated, going to clean it all up underneath and rust proof it.

Lee GLS

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 10:00:44 pm »
Ignore the negative comments regarding trucks for work, I’ve got a ranger and absolutely love it, the setup I have means I’m every bit as quick if not quicker than using a van as I have the reel mounted on the tailgate so the angle I can pull the hose is amazing.

I can fit my 22 and 35 SLX poles in the back and I have the extensions for the 35 to take it to 45 foot down the side of the tank.

Here is a video I did when I first got it.

https://youtu.be/qY5mxR9Mg6E

EandM

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 10:20:43 pm »

As for reliability, I've read about the many flaws of numerous trucks...name a truck and there's a horror story to go with it.. In the end I just went with the cheapest, newest, lowest mileage one I could find that I liked the look of. I wanted white as I think they look more of a work truck I'm just debating whether to sign write it.

To be honest, it's the newest best condition vehicle I've ever owned, full leather, heated seats etc. I'm chuffed to bits with it  ;D

I've run a 2002 Ford Ranger for work for the last nine years with no major issues. Just passed 176,000 miles and all is well.
From 99-06 they are bombproof. 07-08 can have transmission problems due to stupid gearbox design. Cured in late 08 and up to 2012, again bombproof.

After 2012 they seem to blow up engines due to a totally useless oil pump.

EandM

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 10:29:23 pm »
On a Truck  ;D

Yes, chassis was the first thing I inspected its a known issue, they snap in half 😂

M.O.T history doesn't mention corrosion which is good

I'm not worried, this one is in decent condition and luckily my dad is a welder/fabricator and we've already discussed taking the rear tub off and plating it all up as a precaution. It will all be treated, going to clean it all up underneath and rust proof it.

The D40 is a very nice truck, especially in four seat King Cab configuration with suicide doors.
They always had more power than the competition, they were the first to have a six speed manual box and to offer a decent level of trim across the range.

However,

Some parts are scarily expensive and in some cases unobtainable, they have a nasty habit of putting no 3 conrod through the side of the block and a complete absence of rust  doesn't mean that the chassis won't crack. The problem is poor design in the distribution of load.
If you look up the Navara Snapped Chassis Group you find that some passed the chassis inspection and then snapped anyway.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 10:29:37 pm »
Ignore the negative comments regarding trucks for work, I’ve got a ranger and absolutely love it, the setup I have means I’m every bit as quick if not quicker than using a van as I have the reel mounted on the tailgate so the angle I can pull the hose is amazing.

I can fit my 22 and 35 SLX poles in the back and I have the extensions for the 35 to take it to 45 foot down the side of the tank.

Here is a video I did when I first got it.

https://youtu.be/qY5mxR9Mg6E

Nice, where did you get the custom tank?

I know there's a place that does them in Oldham not too far from me, going to give them a ring.

I'm getting a canopy tomorrow that looks similar to yours windows on all sides. So. I'll have a better idea of what will fit in then. Managed to snare it for £150 off ebay in the right colour, I know they are expensive new.

Might copy your reel, I was thinking either like that or putting in on the top of a flatter tank

CleanClear

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2020, 10:31:00 pm »

Cant claim anything mate, Ltd company im afraid

anyway the bounce back loan is almost as good as cash, only a few hundred quid interest....

How come you done that now ? Couldn't you get credit before ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 10:35:50 pm »
defo get some sign writing on it - better for tax purposes

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk