Tina AW

How to stop clients poaching your clients
« on: December 01, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »
Hi All,

I run a team of domestic cleaners, the same cleaner visits the same clients each week, so they become good friends, which is great.  One thing I am concerned about as we grow is how to stop the client poaching the cleaner (I charge them a management fee for my service) at the rate the cleaner charges?

I don't take a large amount, the cleaners get paid the bulk of it but I am having to give new cleaners a lower rate and take a slightly larger portion to cover the costs of advertising and implementing software now, which is why I am a little concerned that the client will think they can get a cheaper service by cutting me out.

I do have contracts that the client signs to say they will be liable to a finders fee if they use them without going through us, but to be honest I'm not sure this would hold up in a court of law.

Any advice?

Anna Warren

Re: How to stop clients poaching your clients
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:44:48 pm »
I'm afraid you've already done everything you could . It's a danger of the business. Writing in the contract client will have to pay finders fee is a good step though, it may scare people off going directly with cleaners.