DJW

Re: X line poles
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2021, 08:35:02 am »
Mmm, they do a thirty footer too which I don’t think Gardiners have in the Xtreme range.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2021, 09:43:46 am »
Yeah and for a moment I thought we were talking about a new pole that’s come to market,I’ve had other so called light poles been like a kid at Christmas 🎄 unboxing it only to realise it’s just another heavy pole to go on EBay.

Lee GLS

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2021, 10:59:04 am »
If you want a cheaper high mod pole  buy a boss pole. Boss poles sections and gardiner sections are exactly the same. They are all made by CNER just different clamps.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 11:52:40 am »
If you want a cheaper high mod pole  buy a boss pole. Boss poles sections and gardiner sections are exactly the same. They are all made by CNER just different clamps.

Hi Lee

Just fact-checking you on this  :)

Whilst Boss' poles latest finish (and many other brands) have been made to emulate our original pole's finishes and sizes they are not the same poles and they are not made by the same factory.

Despite some factories claiming to make the Gardiner range of poles when touting for business, CNER and other 'known' China factories do not make our carbon pole products or parts.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 12:18:43 pm »
That’s why good old Perry from Reach-It spends all his time in China getting them to make rubbish products people don’t need,take the gunslinger for 1 example what the guarantee should say is that you will guaranteed to get a wet leg and a WFP that is cutting edge in design technology because you put the pole hose on the outside of the pole lol.
Let me know if you get a refund I’ll get you entered in to the Book of world records.

the king

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 05:13:56 pm »
I had a xline carbon pole not the nano one i found it very strong but bit top heavy compared to the slx the nano may be different tho so im keen to here your reviews i also found it did not last as long mine was ment to come with a alan key but they forgot to put it in the box  ::)roll

the king

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 05:15:42 pm »
Anyone getting fed up with black hands from carbon i now use red gloves from b&q they keep hands warm to i have 3 pairs so if or when they get wet i change them over

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:46 pm »
I took the plunge and bought an 18ft Nano last black friday. My big concern was how long it would last as there was no where near as much adjustment gap in the clamps as there is with Gardiner clamps. One year on and clamp no1 has very little adjustment left in it but is still gripping fine. I work full time 5 to 6 days a week and this pole covers 95% of my work. I bought a spare clamp and fitted it yesterday just to see if changing the clamp would extend the lifespan or  whether it was wear and tear on the pole section itself and delighted to find the new clamp looks like it has plenty of room for adjustment in it so now more confident i may get several more months out of it. The plus side of these clamps is that you don't have to adjust them as often as you do with the Gardiners ones and also they are removable with an allen key rather than glued on and at less than £8 a clamp then if your buying a pole just get a spare no 1 clamp, at that price its not an issue. (not disputing that Gardiners clamps are superior though). Also, the end cap wears out much faster than a Gardiners one so would be a good idea to get a couple of spares but again at £3.83 its not a problem
The pole itself is a pleasure to use, very light, very rigid , so much so it would be very difficult going back to a  clx/slx , the same has been said about the Extreme. I've never used an Extreme so cant make a direct comparison but nevertheless, there are some black and white differences, the main one being the price as already mentioned, a significant saving on the Nano. The weight is very similar, just 30 to 40 g heavier than an extreme (for a 18ft). another good point to bear in mind is that my plastic Gardiners goosenecks fit ,the metal screw thread is supplied loose so i can use all the Gardiners goodies with it.
You have to treat it with care just the same way you would an Extreme, i wash it through a couple of time a week and once a month take it to bits and give a good going over with ptfe spray. Having said this, i've dropped it no end of times and its come to no harm. I've also put a strip of electrical tape at the base of each section as these are the areas that start to splinter.
If i can get another 6 months out of it i'll be well chuffed but happy its come through some heavy use over a full year.
For me, the price makes it a no brainer. Obviously i cant comment on the larger poles, Xline claim their pole is stronger than the Extreme but then again they would wouldn't they, just as Alex would favour his own. Hope that's helped abit, i've just ordered another for stock so voting with my wallet.

I've never worn an end cap out on any pole I've ever had!the pole is ready for the bin before that! ;D

What are you doing with it?using it as a pogo stick? ;D
price higher/work harder!

NBwcs

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2021, 09:12:06 pm »
I took the plunge and bought an 18ft Nano last black friday. My big concern was how long it would last as there was no where near as much adjustment gap in the clamps as there is with Gardiner clamps. One year on and clamp no1 has very little adjustment left in it but is still gripping fine. I work full time 5 to 6 days a week and this pole covers 95% of my work. I bought a spare clamp and fitted it yesterday just to see if changing the clamp would extend the lifespan or  whether it was wear and tear on the pole section itself and delighted to find the new clamp looks like it has plenty of room for adjustment in it so now more confident i may get several more months out of it. The plus side of these clamps is that you don't have to adjust them as often as you do with the Gardiners ones and also they are removable with an allen key rather than glued on and at less than £8 a clamp then if your buying a pole just get a spare no 1 clamp, at that price its not an issue. (not disputing that Gardiners clamps are superior though). Also, the end cap wears out much faster than a Gardiners one so would be a good idea to get a couple of spares but again at £3.83 its not a problem
The pole itself is a pleasure to use, very light, very rigid , so much so it would be very difficult going back to a  clx/slx , the same has been said about the Extreme. I've never used an Extreme so cant make a direct comparison but nevertheless, there are some black and white differences, the main one being the price as already mentioned, a significant saving on the Nano. The weight is very similar, just 30 to 40 g heavier than an extreme (for a 18ft). another good point to bear in mind is that my plastic Gardiners goosenecks fit ,the metal screw thread is supplied loose so i can use all the Gardiners goodies with it.
You have to treat it with care just the same way you would an Extreme, i wash it through a couple of time a week and once a month take it to bits and give a good going over with ptfe spray. Having said this, i've dropped it no end of times and its come to no harm. I've also put a strip of electrical tape at the base of each section as these are the areas that start to splinter.
If i can get another 6 months out of it i'll be well chuffed but happy its come through some heavy use over a full year.
For me, the price makes it a no brainer. Obviously i cant comment on the larger poles, Xline claim their pole is stronger than the Extreme but then again they would wouldn't they, just as Alex would favour his own. Hope that's helped abit, i've just ordered another for stock so voting with my wallet.

I've never worn an end cap out on any pole I've ever had!the pole is ready for the bin before that! ;D

I've never worn a Gardiners end cap out, im about to fit my 3rd on the Nano!,  a quality pole with a naff cheap thin plastic  cap, definitely keep some spares in mate.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2021, 10:23:43 pm »
It’s not a new pole Daz those clamps have been around for years keep an Alan key on you you’ll need it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2021, 10:52:03 pm »
It’s not a new pole Daz those clamps have been around for years keep an Alan key on you you’ll need it.

Give it a few months and he will be regretting his decision to buy it 😂😂😂😂

NBwcs

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2021, 10:52:23 pm »

You only need an Allen key to remove the clamp, it adjusts by turning a screw as you basically do with a Gardiners clamp so the only time you need the key is when your stripping the pole down for spraying and when you change clamp 1 (once a year).. Your last post was your tenth on a thread specifically about a pole you've never owned and  know nothing about, your ignorance is quite staggering.

Den68

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2021, 08:26:18 am »
That’s why good old Perry from Reach-It spends all his time in China getting them to make rubbish products people don’t need,take the gunslinger for 1 example what the guarantee should say is that you will guaranteed to get a wet leg and a WFP that is cutting edge in design technology because you put the pole hose on the outside of the pole lol.
Let me know if you get a refund I’ll get you entered in to the Book of world records.

You should start another thread regarding Reach it products can’t see what it as to do with another Nano pole myself  🙄

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2021, 09:55:59 am »

You only need an Allen key to remove the clamp, it adjusts by turning a screw as you basically do with a Gardiners clamp so the only time you need the key is when your stripping the pole down for spraying and when you change clamp 1 (once a year).. Your last post was your tenth on a thread specifically about a pole you've never owned and  know nothing about, your ignorance is quite staggering.

I think it's time to stop replying to this guy....he s a complete idiot....

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2021, 09:56:51 am »

I've never worn a Gardiners end cap out, im about to fit my 3rd on the Nano!,  a quality pole with a naff cheap thin plastic  cap, definitely keep some spares in mate.

Can't you just fit a Gardiners end cap?

NBwcs

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2021, 10:32:59 am »

Can't you just fit a Gardiners end cap?

Not sure about that. Xline do 2 end caps themselves, strangely the nylon better quality one fits their cheaper poles but not the nano so not sure if the Gardiners one would either.

NWH

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 01:42:05 pm »
You’ve got that pole for the same reasons as me give another pole a try they sound good,you’ll come to the same conclusion that bit extra is worth it.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 06:12:50 pm »

It will be the best pole ever for a few weeks mind.

Splash & dash

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 06:25:09 pm »

It will be the best pole ever for a few weeks mind.

Yes I expect it will 😂😂😂😂

Stoots

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2021, 01:19:35 pm »
My nano 18 arrived today.

First impressions are :

Clamps dont look and feel as good as gardiners but maybe thats just because im not used to them.

The wall thickness seems to be thicker than the extreme but it is about 50g heavier coming in at 805 grams on my scales so that will be where the weight is. Im hoping it is stronger as it does look it.

Wont be using it for a while as need to get some new brushes and univalve so the full review can wait, looks decent though for the money.