[GQC] Tim

Re: No thanks not now its winter come back in spring
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 02:00:09 pm »
Yea, I'm wondering aswell how Helen words that.

I have a customer contract which has this on it. I would need a good sentence for bla bla cleaning in Rain..maybe this will give you guys some idea's aswell... :)

Code: [Select]
Terms & Conditions of Service

1. GQC Window Cleaning agrees to carry out all services as specified in this agreement, unless stated in the exclusions section.
2. Payment for services will be due upon completion of work.
3. Payments by cheque or paypal must be made within 5 working days of completion of work.
4. If you wish to cancel any of these services, you must notify us at least 48 hours in advance.
5. GQC Window Cleaning reserve the right to cancel your services for non payment.
6. E&OE. Any claim under the 100% satisfaction guarantee must be made within 24 hours of completion of work.

Signed on behalf of GQC Window Cleaning 2006_____________________________________________Date_____________

I find it quite difficult to word things like this, since I'm not born in England....how does this sound? :

Code: [Select]
7. GQC Window Cleaning cleans all year round, should we be turned away from a scheduled clean,   there will be a 25% surcharge against the next clean.
Somehow doesn't sound right.....aw man  :-[

Londoner

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 03:04:25 pm »
I like the idea of written terms and conditions but at the end of the day its not going to cut much ice with the customer. They will do whatever they are going to do.

Re: No thanks not now its winter come back in spring New
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2006, 04:19:49 pm »
How about:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GQC Window Cleaning will clean your windows at our agreed frequency throughout the year; regardless of the weather; ensuring you have a regular, fully insured and professional service from us.

However, we find it frustrating when a customer turns us away without prior notice or good reason.  If this happens we shall terminate our contract.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might sound a bit harsh, but it definately works.  I think I've only had four or five customers turn us away since we put a similair worded peice on our 'Your Windows Have Been Cleaned Chits' (that's about two years), and I think these customers didn't want to pay for a regular window cleaner anyway.

Other (good) customers jokingly commented that we must've been messed about some to put that on our chits.

We had!  Twice in one day; ONCE.

I think if someone is going to try and save a few quid by saying 'Not this month, Mate', then trying to bung on an extra 25% would be a bit difficult.

But I haven't tried this, but would if it worked, but I have doubts.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 05:16:12 pm »
Hm, very good one, I think I will use that one.

Now would it be smart to get a copy of the terms and condition printed out neatly and give them to new customers? Or....print the T&C on your windows been cleaned chits?

What I always give new customers is a business leaflet, and my personal card. So maybe a little card with T&C on it would be too much.

What do you think? :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 05:46:38 pm »
I usually give people one chance, then if it happens again they won't see me again.

Everyone deserves a chance, as they may be a good reason they don't want to disclose.
Twice though?
Nah!