paul alan

Re: brush recomendation for gardener slx 22
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2018, 08:02:34 pm »
I am bang into the extreme natural bristle at the minute, great scrub on it!

Even been doing first cleans with it, its surprising how well it moves muck. I have loads of brushes, they are all redundant now.

Except the tucker dual trim(the beast) which comes out for baked on baddies!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 08:36:36 pm »

Even been doing first cleans with it, its surprising how well it moves muck. I have loads of brushes, they are all redundant now.

ive had 2 of these brushes and indeed their great for scrubbing.......BUT both mine were knackered after a few weeks,i had to bin em!the bristles clump together leaving them unusable.no way could i untangle them either!a complete waste of money!very poor IMO.
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 08:48:44 pm »

ive had 2 of these brushes and indeed their great for scrubbing.......BUT both mine were knackered after a few weeks,i had to bin em!the bristles clump together leaving them unusable.no way could i untangle them either!a complete waste of money!very poor IMO.

Mine are still going strong after 3 months, you dont have to push so hard mate. I live by the sea in the countryside and I get by fine 6 days per week and my windows get a right mess!

Take some pressure off the pole and let the bristle tips do the work, I dont use hot either you should be fine.

The extreme is such an awesome brush its highly accurate, when cutting in the rinse goes right up to the top of the bristles which means your rinsing right up underneath where you can see your top line of bristles within millimetres. I tried doing this with the ultimate and its useless, the rinse only rises to about an inch under the top bristles.

I can never go to another brush again, the extreme is perfect.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2018, 09:25:44 pm »
i use the stiff version xtreme brush mate and i find thats the best for hot water use.i dont use it for all my work.i need something a bit more substantial for larger jobs and thats when i use an ultimate brush.i also noticed the natural bristle xtremes shed easier than other brushes.shame really as the scrubbing power was great.....
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2018, 09:58:17 pm »
Of all the brushes I’ve tried my current favourite is also the Xtreme natural hybrid. Been using my current one for eight months and I love it.  Can’t wait to try the DuPont version when it’s released.  Even during the spring months when bird poop is usually a big problem this brush has been a pleasure to use.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

paul alan

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2018, 10:28:02 pm »
Of all the brushes I’ve tried my current favourite is also the Xtreme natural hybrid. Been using my current one for eight months and I love it.  Can’t wait to try the DuPont version when it’s released.  Even during the spring months when bird poop is usually a big problem this brush has been a pleasure to use.
Is it still in shape 8 months in?

paul alan

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »
i use the stiff version xtreme brush mate and i find thats the best for hot water use.i dont use it for all my work.i need something a bit more substantial for larger jobs and thats when i use an ultimate brush.i also noticed the natural bristle xtremes shed easier than other brushes.shame really as the scrubbing power was great.....

yeah they do shed! I brush mine out every couple of days with a dog grooming comb so it never gets tangled and the loose hair comes out with all the spider webs etc.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2018, 10:52:06 pm »
Is it still in shape 8 months in?

It’s not bad. The end bristles are beginning to weaken and the natural bristles are a bit tangled but they still do a good job. I’m not ready to bin it, not by a long shot
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

mufcglen

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2018, 01:08:07 pm »
one thing ive learnt these years of window cleaning everyone likes a different brush!
my personal favourite is the supreme brushes as theyre angled outwards and the plastic head doesnt stick out as much so doesnt scrape the sills when you wipe across them, i mainly use the soft flocked or medium mixed.
my second favourite is the xtreme natural brush too.

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2018, 01:25:22 pm »
What are you getting on the glass ? if you're working on the coast where the glass is getting covered in salt and seagull poo or in a wooded area where the glass is being covered in tree sap then you may  need a heavier brush if not  go as light as possible which will be an xtreme brush.
From heavy brushes to hot water the first quesion should always be am I getting stuff on the glass that actually warrants their use.

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 05:36:39 pm »
i also favour the extreme.

mine are probably knackered by most peoples standards in a couple of months, but i like to get my moneys worth from them and let them be well and truly fecked before binning.

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2018, 05:42:58 pm »
i also favour the extreme.

mine are probably knackered by most peoples standards in a couple of months, but i like to get my moneys worth from them and let them be well and truly fecked before binning.

And I can assure you , he certainly gets his moneys worth  , seen em with my own eyes  :o :o :o
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !