dazmond

everyone enjoying the weather?
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:13:59 pm »
i cant remember the last time we had a summer like this.......it was probably 1976..... 8)

plenty of factor 30 sun cream on,cap,shorts and polarised sunglasses.....

the only thing i hate about this weather is getting bit!ruddy horseflies!and with having a lot of work in the semi rural/leafy suburbs theres loads of the little critters! >:(
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

Re: everyone enjoying the weather?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:21:38 pm »
Yes mate its lush here on the north wales coast!

What a place to live and work, I lived in Warrington for 10 years and when I moved back here I promised never to move away again.

Bought myself a bucket hat for the hottest days, dont care what I look like as long as I aint getting burnt.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 05:27:28 pm »
Yep. Might upgrade to cold.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dw

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 06:00:41 pm »
Dazmond I have the same hate for bites and usually end up covered in them... especially at football training. The Mrs introduced me to these, 1 a day and I’ve honestly not been bitten once yet this year

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:21 pm »
i already take a vitamin B complex tablet every day mate as well as a multi vitamin and mineral tablet and fish oil capsules.....

i think i need to get myself some proper insect repellent...... ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:39:08 pm »
too hot for me today....i finished at 2pm.it was reading 31c in the van.thats 87F!!i also had 2 very dirty first cleans to do this afternoon which took ages to get them up to scratch!....it looks like a window cleaners packed up near where i work so im expecting to get a lot more on this particular street! 8)....

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 04:43:25 pm »
Knocked off early yesterday to go to my local "dickies" store and bought some work shorts for today.  So I've been able to work better today but still melting in it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 04:48:50 pm »
too hot for me today....i finished at 2pm.it was reading 31c in the van.thats 87F!!i also had 2 very dirty first cleans to do this afternoon which took ages to get them up to scratch!....it looks like a window cleaners packed up near where i work so im expecting to get a lot more on this particular street! 8)....

Same here , one new customer stood there with a glass of coke & cigarette - ‘ I bet your lovin this weather aren’t you?’
Me - ‘not really , its ok if your chilling with a glass of coke but it’s too hot to work in’
Him-‘ this is nothing , i used to work in Africa ‘
Me- ‘ oh...., I still don’t like it  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 04:50:50 pm »
I took my hat off  worked with a wet microfiber on my head.
I might have looked ridiculous but it keeps the bonce cooler. Keep wetting it and moving it round.
Put the hat back in if you have to look respectable for a bit.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 05:00:48 pm »
I might have looked ridiculous but it keeps the bonce cooler. Keep wetting it and moving it round.

I have about 3 hats in back of van and one of them I use on days like today. Soak under customers tap and put on. Keeps head cool without looking weird lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 06:05:44 pm »
im defo getting some insect repellent tonight.....first job of the day and  i get bitten AGAIN by a horsefly on my hand while poling an upper window within seconds of starting....ive got 8 insect bites now......neck,legs,arms and now hand.... >:(

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 07:29:19 pm »

I have about 3 hats in back of van and one of them I use on days like today. Soak under customers tap and put on. Keeps head cool without looking weird lol
I did that with my old one but I don't want to wreck my new one. It might seem tight but I like it as well. 
Besides, the terry weave microfiber is thicker and holds more water  ;D
I don't mind looking daft but I don't do it all the time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 07:47:44 pm »

I did that with my old one but I don't want to wreck my new one. It might seem tight but I like it as well. 
Besides, the terry weave microfiber is thicker and holds more water  ;D
I don't mind looking daft but I don't do it all the time.

Haha talking of looking daft, some years ago I used to wear a bandana for work and that was great for wetting
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

EandM

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 09:52:56 pm »
i cant remember the last time we had a summer like this.......it was probably 1976..... 8)

the only thing i hate about this weather is getting bit!ruddy horseflies!and with having a lot of work in the semi rural/leafy suburbs theres loads of the little critters! >:(

Last one I remember was 2003. Slow starter but got to  38 c (100 f) in August.
West Dorset on the coast at 08:40 am today was 26 c - that is unusual.
It was still 26c at 6:45 tonight - that is extremely unusual.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 11:28:35 pm »

Last one I remember was 2003. Slow starter but got to  38 c (100 f) in August.
West Dorset on the coast at 08:40 am today was 26 c - that is unusual.
It was still 26c at 6:45 tonight - that is extremely unusual.

Back in 2013 when I remarried in July. Picked the best time as it was the hottest summer recorded.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Missing Link

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 11:50:06 pm »
im defo getting some insect repellent tonight.....first job of the day and  i get bitten AGAIN by a horsefly on my hand while poling an upper window within seconds of starting....ive got 8 insect bites now......neck,legs,arms and now hand.... >:(

Hot 'n' sweaty, reaching over some awkward conservatory trying not to fall in the fish pond, and something lands on your leg...
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Go

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 07:40:33 am »
Pah, I’ve been on metal chicken shed roof, sorts the men from the boys. More today!

Missing Link

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:04 am »
Pah, I’ve been on metal chicken shed roof, sorts the men from the boys. More today!

Sounds kinky, but why don't you just get out there with some factor 50 and clean some windows?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Go

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 01:07:53 pm »

Sounds kinky, but why don't you just get out there with some factor 50 and clean some windows?

The obligatory banal ‘chit chat’ was starting to corode my soul.
Got a lad to do it for me. Although he’s off ill.............

I can actually feel the heat coming through the soles of my work boots!

alank

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 01:18:24 pm »
That's it for me today beer garden lunch and a pint ;D almost done for the end of the month couple of dozen to do by midday Friday then off fishing Saturday  ;D