Clean Cloth

Car or van
« on: June 22, 2018, 01:40:43 pm »
I am currently window cleaning traditionally and all my gear fits in the boot of my car.
It is running well but is getting old so I am planning ahead.
I will not be able to run 2 vehicles so I need to choose between another car or a small van.

I like the look of the Ford Fiesta van or Vauxhall Corsa van, both have much more boot space than I have.
Anyone have experience with either of those vans?

I would prefer a petrol model, I see Diesel vehicles being penalised in the future

JJay

Re: Car or van
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:47:37 am »
Its going to take a few more years to penalised diesel especially vans because vans are really needed in our life. Apart from that fiesta or Corsa it's a bit wasting of time in my opinion. If you want to buy a van and then wfps you going to need big tank soon to keep you going so consider something bit bigger with good payload and where you get easily inside the van to grab gears.  But like I said it's my opinion.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:09:18 pm »
I've just bought a lwb van with the intention of fitting a couple of seats in the back.

Van and family transport in one.

What about a crew van? Even little combos and connects come in crew version

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:26:26 pm »
any van will do if your trad...you dont have to worry about the payload.....mostly i had cars when i was trad like sierras/mondeos.... ;D

loads of room in  sierras/mondeos for bucket,trad tools etc and ladders on the roof...... ;)

poor mans luxury cars...i paid £700 for one once and it lasted me nearly 6 years until i blew the engine up! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 12:04:56 am »
I have had several Fiesta vans, from the old mk2 to my last which was a mk4, the latter being a 1.8 diesel.

Like all Fords the mechanicals were fine but rust did for them in the end.

I now have a 13 year old Berlingo. It's got acres of space so if I were to go wfp (I'm more likely to fly to the moon) I wouldn't have to think about changing my van.

Jonn
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.