Clean Cloth

Cleaning caravan exterior
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:15 pm »
I have been asked to clean 5 static caravans on a holiday site.
Exterior only, not the roofs.
2 of them have some green growing on them, the others look reasonable.
I will use my WFP and the site tap water. Not a jet wash.

I am guessing I could do 1 in about 90 minutes and maybe all 5 in a day.

What is the going rate per caravan on the east midlands?

Smudger

Re: Cleaning caravan exterior
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 08:41:45 pm »
we no longer clean statics with wfp - very hard work and time consuming - are you clearing the gutters as well ?

5 on your own should be achievable - take plenty of TFR and apply first to help the clean but you'll know about it!!

we clean approx 400 a year on various sites and are done through the site management these are done on a discounted 'bulk rate' and do between 12 and 20 per day depending if roofs and decks are also to be cleaned.

for a single customer (ie not booked through the site or a site where we don't have at least 10 vans to do) we charge £120 + VAT thats gutter clear and washing the sides and windows

hope that helps you out

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:46:03 pm »
I have been asked to clean 5 static caravans on a holiday site.
Exterior only, not the roofs.
2 of them have some green growing on them, the others look reasonable.
I will use my WFP and the site tap water. Not a jet wash.

I am guessing I could do 1 in about 90 minutes and maybe all 5 in a day.

What is the going rate per caravan on the east midlands?

We do a few a single static caravan to clean the UPVC gutters ,walls ,windows /doors etc and small plastic decking area we charge £120 takes two people about an hour

Clean Cloth

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 08:39:40 pm »
Thank-you for the replies, it gives me an idea what to charge.
None of the caravans on the site have gutters, they look similar to the one in the attached picture.

I have been cleaning a lot of FSG and conservatory roofs this week and I do apply TFR first, I actually find it easier and quicker to apply the TFR with a hand brush from a bucket and then WFP to rinse off.

Smudger, if you don't WFP caravans anymore, what do you use, a  pressure washer?

Smudger

Re: Cleaning caravan exterior New
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
See that little square bi by the roofline that’s a gutter about an inch wide😂 and usually stuck solid with leaves🤪

Yes we apply biocides and cleaning agent with snow foamer then wash down takes about 30 mins for 1 man

Get yourself a backpack and apply tfr through a backpack soooo much easier  or at least a 5 ltr sprayer b&q verve is cheap with a good range and coverage

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Clean Cloth

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 01:31:41 pm »
Ok Darran, thank-you for the help.