S_RICHARDSON

Tubeless
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:22:14 pm »
Hi guys,
So I currently have the exceed innovation's tubeless kit installed on the poles.  I have some of the pole hose attached to the reels hose with a barb fitting.

I'm wondering if it would work eliminating the pole hose and connecting the microbore straight to the pole?

Anyone tried it? The pole hose does my head in.

Thanks,
Shaun

Splash & dash

Re: Tubeless
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:44:53 pm »
Hi guys,
So I currently have the exceed innovation's tubeless kit installed on the poles.  I have some of the pole hose attached to the reels hose with a barb fitting.

I'm wondering if it would work eliminating the pole hose and connecting the microbore straight to the pole?

Yes you can just makes the pole a bit heavier
Anyone tried it? The pole hose does my head in.

Thanks,
Shaun

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:53:33 am »
What does your head in about it ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 06:53:57 am »
Don’t think it would go bud as you’ve got a much thicker hose trying to fit inside the pole, the hose may fit but the clamp may catch?
Then you have the extra weight of microbore versus pole hose inside the pole too, personally I’d stick to pole hose pal

andyM

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 07:24:44 am »
I tried it once and found it added a noticeable amount of weight compared to pole hose.
Not a good long term solution in my opinion.
One of the Plebs

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 07:26:57 am »
That's the hose that constantly twists and the joint always catches on everything. Thought it may eliminate those 2 issues.
But don't wanna introduce new issues 🤔

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 08:10:30 am »
I will definitely work, but it is noticeably heavier, it will also wear the pole quicker as the hose will take more grit and dirt up with it.

My brother has used his pole like this for 7 years, in that time he has 4 poles due to wear but I’ve only had 2. We work together so we do the same amount of work.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 08:16:52 am »
I will definitely work, but it is noticeably heavier, it will also wear the pole quicker as the hose will take more grit and dirt up with it.

My brother has used his pole like this for 7 years, in that time he has 4 poles due to wear but I’ve only had 2. We work together so we do the same amount of work.
Thanks Lee,
So is yours setup for tubeless but you use pole hose?

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 08:17:51 am »
The pole hose you are using is the issue then surely ?
What pole hose is it ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 11:08:19 am »
The pole hose you are using is the issue then surely ?
What pole hose is it ?
The yellow exceed stuff. It came with the univalve

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 11:57:43 am »
That's the hose that constantly twists and the joint always catches on everything. Thought it may eliminate those 2 issues.
But don't wanna introduce new issues 🤔
re the joint catching . Try building up a smooth tapered join over each side of the connection with electrical tape and keep the length of the pole hose to a minimum ( just enough to clear the base by a foot when fully extended ).

DeLuce

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 03:44:51 pm »
Hi Sean,
I've recently got the slick-connect to join the pole hose to the reel hose. It works really well and doesn't catch half as much as my joint connection bodge job lol. They're worth trying!
The only thing that might be a problem, is if you use roller guide that have rollers quite close together.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 06:43:18 pm »
Hi Sean,
I've recently got the slick-connect to join the pole hose to the reel hose. It works really well and doesn't catch half as much as my joint connection bodge job lol. They're worth trying!
The only thing that might be a problem, is if you use roller guide that have rollers quite close together.
Cheers Nic. That might be the answer. 👍

Michael Peterson

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:55 pm »
I use slick connect to they are wicked