M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Goodbye Gardiner Green !
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 11:54:22 am »
Funny how we all have our preferences. I cannot stand having anything attached to my waist when working.
As a trad windie I loved the idea of BOABs when they first came on the market but in practice I hated having it hanging on my waist. The ones you strap to your leg to stop them swinging about I hated even more. Ended up attaching mine to my ladder. So attaching a hose and tap to my waist no matter how light would be a complete no no. I like complete freedom of movement, so I use a Univalve and carry my pole with one loop of hose in one hand.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 12:43:58 pm »
Personally i would NEVER use 100m of pole hose as reel hose....your asking for trouble IMO in regards to hose not lying flat on the ground and increasing the risk of joe public tripping on the hose....

Thats just the point though daz , most of the time it does , but not every single time .

But if a pole hose came on the market that did lay flat every time would you still not use it as its POLE HOSE and not Reel hose ?
If you didnt you would have a screw loose mate , well more screws   ;D ;D ;D

Of course I would mate but pole hose very rarely lies totally flat due to its lightness so can get caught on lots of things...I also trail hose across roads and  pavements every day....microbore lies totally flat....

I know this as I have a lot of pole hose on my extreme 47 and it never lies flat ever!
Didn’t you say in another thread though that you’d removed your trip hazard cones from your van to reduce clutter?

yes ive removed my trip hazard cones..i dont use them anymore...people have nearly tripped over my cones more than my hose!also ive sometimes left them on jobs and never got them back.....i cant be arsed with them anymore.... :)
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 03:26:00 pm »
I reckon if a supplier could take your run of the mill microbore and get it made with half the thickness of each current layer they would corner the market , if i had the wedge that is what i would be doing .
Are you listening Mr G ??   ;D

That would be very similar to Reinforced flexible pole hose

Of course we would still not recommend this for use on a hose reel  :)

Yes the same to look at , but if the reinforced pole hose could be made of the same materials as microbore hose then that’s your money maker right there , could it be done Alex ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 03:31:07 pm »
Saw the title of this thread and waited for you to go into song as Elton John  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »
Saw the title of this thread and waited for you to go into song as Elton John  ;D

Looks like I missed a trick there
 ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 10:10:57 pm »
I've used my Gardiners reinforced pole hose, on my main reel, for well over 5 years, with no major issues at all.

It is not warranted, as Alex mentioned, but I have used it and abused it and it just keeps going. I always wipe with a cloth when I reel in. It's now starting to show signs of wear, so I will replace with exactly the same.

I use a Sureflow pump and controller (both I stripped off a pure freedom trolley about 7 years ago) to build a van mount, and I have had no problems at all, with either. The controller I run at 55, with 2 pencil jets. I can hit a cat at 10 feet. I can also up the controller for more flow, so there is still some extra pressure left within the limits of the hose.

The pole hose lays flat and I don't get a lot of kinks, when I do it's pretty easy to shake them out. My setup at the moment is Claber reel, 30m of standard hose, 60m of pole hose. The pole hose fits directly inside the standard hose with just a jubilee clip to hold. When I replace, I will be looking at 10m of standard and about 80m of pole hose, but we'll see if that works.

I developed really painful tennis elbow, so I had to change all my kit. I went from minibore hose, to microbore hose to reinforced pole hose. It seemed the next natural progession.

Now here's a thing: My stepson has just purchased a secondhand Redashi reel and hose. It's a big reel and very well made, but when I reeled in the hose it was bloody heavy.

I know Claber reels may not be the best made on the market and are fundamentally cheap, but they are very light to use. I can reel my reinforced pole hose in just using index finger and thumb. It is a very good combination for anyone with aches and pains.

The only downside using Gardiners Reinforced Pole Hose is the 9mm outer diameter (instead of 8mm). It does not fit straight into JG fittings and you need the adaptor from Gardiners. However, because I only use it on my main reel there are no JG fittings involved, so it's not a problem. My actual pole hose is Gardiners green pu.

All I can say is that I used Reinforced Pole Hose on my main reel due to necessity (aching elbows) and it's in my top 3 best window cleaning decisions I have made.

In this pic, you'll see the reinforced pole hose has recently swollen, that's why I am replacing it.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 10:47:37 pm »
I've used my Gardiners reinforced pole hose, on my main reel, for well over 5 years, with no major issues at all.

It is not warranted, as Alex mentioned, but I have used it and abused it and it just keeps going. I always wipe with a cloth when I reel in. It's now starting to show signs of wear, so I will replace with exactly the same.

I use a Sureflow pump and controller (both I stripped off a pure freedom trolley about 7 years ago) to build a van mount, and I have had no problems at all, with either. The controller I run at 55, with 2 pencil jets. I can hit a cat at 10 feet. I can also up the controller for more flow, so there is still some extra pressure left within the limits of the hose.

The pole hose lays flat and I don't get a lot of kinks, when I do it's pretty easy to shake them out. My setup at the moment is Claber reel, 30m of standard hose, 60m of pole hose. The pole hose fits directly inside the standard hose with just a jubilee clip to hold. When I replace, I will be looking at 10m of standard and about 80m of pole hose, but we'll see if that works.

I developed really painful tennis elbow, so I had to change all my kit. I went from minibore hose, to microbore hose to reinforced pole hose. It seemed the next natural progession.

Now here's a thing: My stepson has just purchased a secondhand Redashi reel and hose. It's a big reel and very well made, but when I reeled in the hose it was bloody heavy.

I know Claber reels may not be the best made on the market and are fundamentally cheap, but they are very light to use. I can reel my reinforced pole hose in just using index finger and thumb. It is a very good combination for anyone with aches and pains.

The only downside using Gardiners Reinforced Pole Hose is the 9mm outer diameter (instead of 8mm). It does not fit straight into JG fittings and you need the adaptor from Gardiners. However, because I only use it on my main reel there are no JG fittings involved, so it's not a problem. My actual pole hose is Gardiners green pu.

All I can say is that I used Reinforced Pole Hose on my main reel due to necessity (aching elbows) and it's in my top 3 best window cleaning decisions I have made.

In this pic, you'll see the reinforced pole hose has recently swollen, that's why I am replacing it.

Pull the other one! That's not pole hose it's 6mm microbore  ;D

Joking but bloody hell it's definitely swollen, never seen that before

robbo333

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 10:54:34 pm »
It has had a hard life, and worked well, so I don’t mind replacing it. Eventhough it’s swollen, it still works well.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:49 am »

err.........that claber reel has got mainly microbore on it with a little bit of green pole hose on it..... ???

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 08:08:32 am »
claber reels are crap.....ok if your on a budget and just starting out but a fixed cox reel (for example)are much easier to reel in and will last a lifetime.....very sturdy and leak free....