P @ F

Goodbye Gardiner Green !
« on: June 17, 2018, 02:20:16 pm »
Well as great as the stuff is , it really is  time to come off !
Have been using 100m as main hose , no splits or anything after 12 months of abuse and everything possible driving over it  ;D
So , why is it coming off , simply because its just too darn light ! , have been having concerns with it tripping people up or going down the road with a car on it , most of the time its spot on but on occasion i have come back to the van to find it very slighty coiled like a pigs tail , just enough to catch a foot or car , which is not ideal , i am finding myself pulling out and then going back and checking its all flat which is a waste of time yes ?

So im back to heavy old microbore   >:(   ;D

But the green is most definately the hardest wearing pole hose i have ever had .
Alex was right as usual , not 100% suited to main hose  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robbo333

Re: Goodbye Gardiner Green !
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 02:54:08 pm »
Why not try the Gardiners reinforced pole hose, on your main reel?

I've used mine for about 5 years and I am just about to renew it with exactly the same.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 03:44:27 pm »
Why not try the Gardiners reinforced pole hose, on your main reel?

I've used mine for about 5 years and I am just about to renew it with exactly the same.

The website says not suitable to use on a hose reel.
Have you been using it as your only hose? I need to replace my Exceed blue.
Tony

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 03:46:12 pm »
Does that stuff not rip to shreads from red brick corners ?
I do have some that i use for the backpack , but i find that under pressure it twists and then wraps itself up again , so it looks like one of them flump sweets , do you not get that ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 03:58:25 pm »
I've been using Gardiners green pole hose on my reel for the last two years and I get the same characteristics as P&F - however I have half and half as in 45 metres of microbore then 45 metres of green.

So I pull out the light stuff for 90% of my work and then the rest (obviously) follows.

I do find that in winter especially it doesn't lay very flat at times but as I use warm water that isn't much of an issue.

And I'm fully aware it is all at my own risk and not recommended by Gardiners.

BTW - it's no cheaper than microbore but so much easier to fling about.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »
I've been using Gardiners green pole hose on my reel for the last two years and I get the same characteristics as P&F - however I have half and half as in 45 metres of microbore then 45 metres of green.

So I pull out the light stuff for 90% of my work and then the rest (obviously) follows.

I do find that in winter especially it doesn't lay very flat at times but as I use warm water that isn't much of an issue.

And I'm fully aware it is all at my own risk and not recommended by Gardiners.

BTW - it's no cheaper than microbore but so much easier to fling about.

Same for me with regard to hotter water , when i use the L5 over the cold spells the green was no issue at all but this had its downside as lots of the heat was being lost due the the thin green .
But boy , have i noticed the difference in FLINGABILITY  ;D between micro and green  :'(

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 04:17:50 pm »
Another thing to bear in mind is the power consumption of the pump , when running the green 5mm my pump was pulling around 4 amps , now with the micro 6mm i am only pulling 2.5 amps for the same flow !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 04:41:34 pm »
I dunno about amps as I have no flow controller - but I've not found any issues (battery capability or flow) between it (green) and the rare occasion I use my second reel which is all microbore.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 07:08:20 pm »
I dunno about amps as I have no flow controller - but I've not found any issues (battery capability or flow) between it (green) and the rare occasion I use my second reel which is all microbore.

Its not an issue with flow , the same flow could be gotten with both hoses , its just that the pump had to work that little harder with the downsize in bore .
Why out of interest do you not use a flow controller ?

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 09:11:02 pm »
Personally i would NEVER use 100m of pole hose as reel hose....your asking for trouble IMO in regards to hose not lying flat on the ground and increasing the risk of joe public tripping on the hose....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 09:30:04 pm »
Personally i would NEVER use 100m of pole hose as reel hose....your asking for trouble IMO in regards to hose not lying flat on the ground and increasing the risk of joe public tripping on the hose....

Thats just the point though daz , most of the time it does , but not every single time .

But if a pole hose came on the market that did lay flat every time would you still not use it as its POLE HOSE and not Reel hose ?
If you didnt you would have a screw loose mate , well more screws   ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 09:38:56 pm »
I reckon if a supplier could take your run of the mill microbore and get it made with half the thickness of each current layer they would corner the market , if i had the wedge that is what i would be doing .
Are you listening Mr G ??   ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 10:00:56 pm »

Thats just the point though daz , most of the time it does , but not every single time .

But if a pole hose came on the market that did lay flat every time would you still not use it as its POLE HOSE and not Reel hose ?

Of course I would mate but pole hose very rarely lies totally flat due to its lightness so can get caught on lots of things...I also trail hose across roads and  pavements every day....microbore lies totally flat....

I know this as I have a lot of pole hose on my extreme 47 and it never lies flat ever!
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 10:55:33 pm »
Why don't I use a flow controller? I just use a tap on a hip holster.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 11:10:00 pm »
People may mock, but I tell ya, strap it to your waist and don't worry about it. You  don't have to worry about your connection (rectus or any other) from disconnecting or getting snagged.  Or if you've pulled enough pole hose to your side to be able to extend your pole etc etc.
Plus it's a doddle,
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 08:04:48 am »
People may mock, but I tell ya, strap it to your waist and don't worry about it. You  don't have to worry about your connection (rectus or any other) from disconnecting or getting snagged.  Or if you've pulled enough pole hose to your side to be able to extend your pole etc etc.
Plus it's a doddle,

I do this too. Strap my hose to my belt and have a tap on the belt.

Simple.

alank

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 08:06:55 am »
Or fit a uni valve ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 09:04:02 am »
Or fit a uni valve ;D

But your still needing to sling/carry enough hose near you in order to extend your pole etc.
The univalve only sorts out the issue of stop/start
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 09:06:04 am »
I reckon if a supplier could take your run of the mill microbore and get it made with half the thickness of each current layer they would corner the market , if i had the wedge that is what i would be doing .
Are you listening Mr G ??   ;D

That would be very similar to Reinforced flexible pole hose

Of course we would still not recommend this for use on a hose reel  :)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 09:39:06 am »

Of course I would mate but pole hose very rarely lies totally flat due to its lightness so can get caught on lots of things...I also trail hose across roads and  pavements every day....microbore lies totally flat....

I know this as I have a lot of pole hose on my extreme 47 and it never lies flat ever!
Didn’t you say in another thread though that you’d removed your trip hazard cones from your van to reduce clutter?