dazmond

lying ex customer........
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:54:55 pm »
so today while cleaning a house a lady from next door approached me and asked me would i clean her windows.i have a fuzzy recollection of cleaning hers around 5-6 years ago.... (she ran up  a few cleans and never paid me)...i chased for a bit then ended up writing it off.....i wasnt sure whether this was the same customer so i asked how long she had lived there she said "12 months".i basically couldnt be bothered and had a inkling she was lying.....so said no! ;D

i then asked next door how long she had lived there and she said "shes lived there at least 16 years and her house is up for sale!" ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

Re: lying ex customer........
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:05:55 pm »
Nice one!  ;D

Windy Miller

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:08:53 pm »
Your gut instinct is a wonderful thing when it comes to these types, good call!

callum99

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:17:49 pm »
Bloody wish my instinct was that good,, I still get done every now and then, and that's after 15 years,, grrrr

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 07:45:12 pm »
Always trust the gutt
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 08:20:57 pm »
Always trust the gutt
and the size of daz gut he needs to  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 08:34:25 pm »
On the ball there daz.

Always when we go against out gut we regret it (mostly)

a few weeks ago i was cleaning when a neighbour came out and asked for a price, desperate for a regular windy she said. I told her i used to clean hers the year before "oh what happened" she said. I told her she never left the gate open.

She apologised and i went against my instinct and cleaned it, next clean rolls around, text goes out...and youve guessed it no gate left open, knocked on door, "can we skip this clean".   ::)roll

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 10:01:17 pm »
It's a shame that we have to go through this routine before we find the good ones.

I had a really bizarre one last week. Asked me to clean her windows which I did on the understanding it was going to be regular. Having not been done in quite some time  the frames were black. Brought them up lovely and white. Went back for the money and was told not to do them again till the soffits facias and gutters had been cleaned as the clean windows and frames made them look even filthier. Didn't want to pay for that service as her ex was apparently going to clean them at some undetermined point. Why he'd want to clean them when he doesn't even live there is beyond me but Hey Ho.
At least I was paid for what I did do.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Missing Link

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 07:03:27 am »
....so said no! ;D

I've had 'customers' who have had one-or-two cleans then cancelled, then some years down the line ask for another quote.

That's my stock response. 
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 09:33:24 am »
Just give them a quote.
I'd like to give them Jules Winnfield's Ezekiel 25:17 quote but I've never had the bottle.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave66

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 11:54:40 pm »
5yrs and couldn’t remember her? I’ve had them come up from like ten yr back and ask, never forget a face me ya know  ;)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 08:43:00 am »
5yrs and couldn’t remember her? I’ve had them come up from like ten yr back and ask, never forget a face me ya know  ;)

I forget faces, but not addresses.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.