Stoots

Ltd company books what app
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:15:41 am »
Does anyone run a ltd company and use aworka or cleaner planner to do the bookeeping?

My accountant wanted me to use a spreadsheet but would be a right ball ache with having so many transactions

How do you keep your books (if you are ltd which I know most aren't )

John Mart

Re: Ltd company books what app
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:53:22 am »
Aworks and export Excel file.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:01:14 pm »

Cheer john

Are you ltd? I take it this is how you do yours?

Thanks

John Mart

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 12:32:56 pm »

Cheer john

Are you ltd? I take it this is how you do yours?

Thanks
Yes. You need to get your expenses headings to conform with your accountant's though to simplify things.

Go

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 12:56:11 pm »
Aworka.

Account thinks it’s great!

Saves them loads of time....

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 12:59:47 pm »
Cleaner planner is fine - accountants happy as is PAYE and vat man

Get a better accountant

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 02:15:57 pm »
I dont think its because they are poor accountants they just dont have any knowledge of window cleaning software and didnt realise i would be doing so many transactions.

Emailed them this morning  and explained and using software is fine as long as it gives them everything they need.

I will try aworka because its cheaper  :D

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 04:05:52 pm »
Tbh all you need is an accurate profit and loss sheet. You dont need to detail every single transaction if you don't want to. Just submit the monthly takings  & expenditure to your profit and loss statement at the end of the month and reconcile it to your bank statement.

They will want reconciled bank statements anyway from you and figures from aworker or any other book keeping app will be irrelevant anyway when they prepare your company accounts;  if  they are worth thier price; what you give them to start with and what your handed back from them for signoff  to companies house will be worlds apart.

If you want decent book keeping software try this: its 100%free and none of that 'cloud' nonesense.]If you want decent book keeping software try this: its 100%free and none of that 'cloud' nonesense.

https://www.manager.io/

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »
Tbh all you need is an accurate profit and loss sheet. You dont need to detail every single transaction if you don't want to. Just submit the monthly takings  & expenditure to your profit and loss statement at the end of the month and reconcile it to your bank statement.

They will want reconciled bank statements anyway from you and figures from aworker or any other book keeping app will be irrelevant anyway when they prepare your company accounts;  if  they are worth thier price; what you give them to start with and what your handed back from them for signoff  to companies house will be worlds apart.

If you want decent book keeping software try this: its 100%free and none of that 'cloud' nonesense.]If you want decent book keeping software try this: its 100%free and none of that 'cloud' nonesense.

ok  thanks marc

so i could record everything through aworka then at the end of the month i can simply update my booking software or spreadsheet with the total income for the month plus any expenses etc and then reconcile that with bank statements.  I would then have the detailed breakdown from aworka if required by hrmc.

sounds like a plan,  i shall double check with the accountant.

John Mart

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 06:23:27 pm »

ok  thanks marc

so i could record everything through aworka then at the end of the month i can simply update my booking software or spreadsheet with the total income for the month plus any expenses etc and then reconcile that with bank statements.  I would then have the detailed breakdown from aworka if required by hrmc.

sounds like a plan,  i shall double check with the accountant.
Aworks does all of that for you. You just enter the data as you go along and Aworka at any time will show you your P/L.

Marc Stock

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 06:43:30 pm »
Awoka will do your P/L statement; but you will still need to reconcile your bank statements by logging in to internet banking and updating and checking the running balance of the account for the accountant anyway and the very act of reconciliation will give you your P/L anyway. The best way to keep your bank statements reconciled quickly  is to run a spreadsheet that mirrors your bank account, no need to make it complex. Or use the software on my link.

Aworka will simply duplicate work for you and make more work than is necessary; its more for sole traders who do thier own accounts; as you are doing ltd company accounts, your accountant will do the rest no need to faff about more than you need to. Keep a spreadsheet and run a basic p/l statement from there, the bonus to doing it this way is you are working on actual cash throughput via the bank and your accounant will find it easier.

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 06:48:11 pm »
Awoka will do your P/L statement; but you will still need to reconcile your bank statements by logging in to internet banking and updating and checking the running balance of the account for the accountant anyway and the very act of reconciliation will give you your P/L anyway. The best way to keep your bank statements reconciled quickly  is to run a spreadsheet that mirrors your bank account, no need to make it complex. Or use the software on my link.

Aworka will simply duplicate work for you and make more work than is necessary; its more for sole traders who do thier own accounts; as you are doing ltd company accounts, your accountant will do the rest no need to faff about more than you need to. Keep a spreadsheet and run a basic p/l statement from there, the bonus to doing it this way is you are working on actual cash throughput via the bank and your accounant will find it easier.
We’re a limited company and we just hand over the export and bank statements and he does the rest. No need for all that faffing about.

Aworka doesn’t duplicate anything- it DOES everything that’s needed.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 08:26:48 pm »
This is why i mainly asked the question chaps.

I was originally given an excel worksheet which you entered all sales, expenses, transactinos, blah blah and then balanced (or reconciled) it against bank statements as you went along. Basically doing it the way marc just said.

This is great in theory however i need to use window cleaning software (currently using george) to organise and run my round.

So rather than having to use both i was hoping to just use one software aworka or cleaner planner to do everything and then export to send to the accountant.

But these window cleaning apps dont account for  example bank interest, or PAYE which would affect the P&L

Im guessing you chaps who send off your aworka export and bank statements have your accountant balancing the books for you,  whcih is fine but im looking to make sure it al balances before i submit it.

Marc, doing what you say makes the most sense but then how do you organise your window cleaning round?

Marc Stock

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 09:28:22 pm »
For my window cleaning schedule i use Sage Act!. Its a CRM system mostly for sales people, and it manages my rounds; and sales forecasts.

For my accounts i use the system i showed you on the link.

You have hit the nail on the head; Aworker wont manage..

1) Your directors loan account
2) PAYE contributions & record keeping
3) Bank interest & fincancial charges
4) Payroll Liabilties
5) Intangible Assets & goodwill valuation
6) Corperation tax liabilities
7) Dividend declarations & voting
 and more

There is nothing wrong with aworker; and these online systems "that do it all" but they are basic; and many many sole traders and ltd company operators who use these online computer controlled; standardized accounting systems are wide open for all sorts of problems down the line.

John Mart

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 09:56:08 pm »
For my window cleaning schedule i use Sage Act!. Its a CRM system mostly for sales people, and it manages my rounds; and sales forecasts.

For my accounts i use the system i showed you on the link.

You have hit the nail on the head; Aworker wont manage..

1) Your directors loan account
2) PAYE contributions & record keeping
3) Bank interest & fincancial charges
4) Payroll Liabilties
5) Intangible Assets & goodwill valuation
6) Corperation tax liabilities
7) Dividend declarations & voting
 and more

There is nothing wrong with aworker; and these online systems "that do it all" but they are basic; and many many sole traders and ltd company operators who use these online computer controlled; standardized accounting systems are wide open for all sorts of problems down the line.
Well we use Sage for payroll, the rest we let the accountant handle. We're too busy working to worry about the other stuff - that's why we have an accountant.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 10:05:53 pm »
Ok guys that seems to clarify it.

I suppose I have the choice of doing the books myself as per Marc or sending off what I have (awork file) and let the accountant deal with rest (cost more)

Cheers I'll run it by my accountant next week and see what they say and what the costs involved will be.

Just want to do it right as I know it's more complex than sole trader bookeeping.

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 07:19:05 pm »
I’m not ltd but I’m totally gonna start making a profit & loss statement and update it each month throughout the year.
I usually send my receipts and bank statements to my accountant and wonder what surprise il get  ;D
I’m so organised with my household bills and know what my personal bank balance will be On a daily basis , even forecast what savings will be in 12 months time and know what percentage of income goes on bills etc etc but Iv been lacking doing that with my business .
This forum is awesome