Innocence & Experience

RO High Pressure Switch
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:45:15 pm »
Hi All

Need some more advice on my RO installation!

I'm trying to fit a High Pressure Switch to cut the power to my Aquatec booster pump when the float switch in the IBC is activated.

All seems straight forward enough i.e wire it into the positive electrical feed into the pump, but the Aquatec has 2 black wires rather than 1 black & 1 red!!!!

How do i tell which is the positive feed or can i fit it to either one?

Please Help.

Spruce

Re: RO High Pressure Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:11:59 am »
Hi All

Need some more advice on my RO installation!

I'm trying to fit a High Pressure Switch to cut the power to my Aquatec booster pump when the float switch in the IBC is activated.

Surely you mean deactivated

All seems straight forward enough i.e wire it into the positive electrical feed into the pump, but the Aquatec has 2 black wires rather than 1 black & 1 red!!!!

How do i tell which is the positive feed or can i fit it to either one?

Please Help.

This is very confusing. See my comment in your post.

But to answer your question, then if you are just cutting one of the wires to insert a switch in it, then it wouldn't make any difference which wire it is. The current to the pump circuit will be cut and the pump will stop running. Ideally it would be best to cut the current to the pump, but if you cut the return cable then this just means that the motor will be 'live.'

The 24v power supply won't be switch off.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Innocence & Experience

Re: RO High Pressure Switch
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:14:04 am »
Thanks for your reply Spruce

"Surely you mean deactivated"

Sorry for the confusion! The float switch is activated when the water rises and prevents anymore water entering the IBC.

Yeah thats what i thought about the pressure switch wiring , it'll still cut the power whichever line it is installed on, ideally wanted to male sure the pump wasn't live.

One of the 2 wires must be live but there is no indication as to which one, as they are both black.

Has anyone wired in a high pressure switch to their Aquatec booster pump and if so how did you determine which wire is live?