paul alan

Energised today.
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:34:31 am »
Yesterdays day off was much needed, I woke feeling energised today!

Ready to rock n roll all day now, and got a new 14" extreme natural. New day new brush! Bring on the windows.

Shrek

Re: Energised today.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:52:05 am »
These 14 inchers are unreal ! Just brilliant

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:24:39 am »
I got mine with 4 red fans, turned up full they flood the glass its awesome.

I got the idea off another forum member.

The 14" extreme is only 140 grams so still lighter than every other brush except the 10" extreme.

They really are quicker, it stands to reason with 40% more coverage and 25% more flow you are doing more with the same amount of movement. And with the swivel on they are still fairly agile.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:47:31 am »
Yes but quality must suffer!   ::)roll ::)roll

Welcome to the faster, smarter working brigade
😁
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robert mitchell

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 03:07:28 pm »
I used one for the first time today with 4 red fans and was dissapointed with the flow , they dont fan just come out like pencil jets.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 03:34:21 pm »
I used one for the first time today with 4 red fans and was dissapointed with the flow , they dont fan just come out like pencil jets.

I had that too , just turn your flow up a bit. They still don’t spray like fan jets but after using them for nearly 2 weeks now (got used to them after 1-2 days) I wouldn’t go back

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 06:11:01 pm »
I have both the extreme and the new red ultimate 35cm brush.

I find the ultimate much better for scrubbing power with a lot more bristles. The bristles are longer too providing a better spray coverage.

It's a little heavier though but happy with that sacrifice.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 07:36:15 pm »

😁

There's fast and then there's 35 detached with cony in 5 hours using 200lts of water fast, the two should never be confused.

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 08:36:49 pm »

😁

There's fast and then there's 35 detached with cony in 5 hours using 200lts of water fast, the two should never be confused.

There's always one sarcastic  ::)roll  person
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 05:52:59 pm »
After 2 days with the extreme 14" and 4 red fans I can say its one hell of a set up.

Living on the coast our windows get hit a lot with bird mess and today there was a lot of it, baked on! The extreme is just as good at scrubbing as any other brush, as long as you have a super scraper you wont have any trouble.

Stick the flow on full whilst rinsing on and you can defiantly be going home earlier! I went back and checked my work on some places that can be dodgy normally and I would say some were better quality. I am not talking about rushing either.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:36 pm »
After 2 days with the extreme 14" and 4 red fans I can say its one hell of a set up.

Living on the coast our windows get hit a lot with bird mess and today there was a lot of it, baked on! The extreme is just as good at scrubbing as any other brush, as long as you have a super scraper you wont have any trouble.

Stick the flow on full whilst rinsing on and you can defiantly be going home earlier! I went back and checked my work on some places that can be dodgy normally and I would say some were better quality. I am not talking about rushing either.

I’d be too scared of running out of water if I put the flow on 99 😧

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:17:21 pm »
I have a theory that it takes a certain amount of water to clean a window, it probably takes the same amount of water if you have a lower flow and spend more time doing it.

Lets say your set at 1 ltr per minute and you spend 1 minute doing a window then you have spent 1 ltr. If you go to 2 ltr per minute you should be able to do the same window in 30 seconds, also 1 ltr a minute.

Obviously you need to agitate a little quicker but if your aware that your water may go down quicker then that itself will speed you up, you basically have to work according to the speed of your flow. I f you come across a window or even house that is going to take you longer for whatever reason, effectively slowing you down then it would be wise to turn the flow down too.

I find the key is to evaluate your windows before cleaning them, if there is something like bird muck there then wet and scrape it first If your working on a house with all sheeting windows and they're free of anything problematic (most maintenance cleans) then you can fly through them.

I never used to properly look at each window before cleaning it, I was trying to go quickly so I would just bounce from window to the next without looking and just give it a real good scrub in-case there was something I hadn't seen. Was hard work! Now I have slowed down and taken the time to check it has speeded me up (if you get me) a lot and is much less hard work.

I carry a scourer (white top) and a 4" scraper in my pocket for bird muck etc for downs and have super scraper and scraper attachment for the ups, scrubbing with the brush is very time consuming and takes a lot of energy. the less the best.

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 09:26:14 pm »
Custards would think I’m taking the pee if I go any faster 😂 I’m already super fast.
Do you ever time your jobs? Iv been timing every job from the start off the month from the second I open the van door to the second I get back in the van. Then put it down on a spreadsheet, then divide the payment by time taken to do the job and multiply by 60 minutes to work out how much I earn on each job.
Some very surprising results! But also highlights the jobs that are in need of a rise to keep up with the rest

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 08:01:17 am »
Custards would think I’m taking the pee if I go any faster 😂 I’m already super fast.
Do you ever time your jobs? Iv been timing every job from the start off the month from the second I open the van door to the second I get back in the van. Then put it down on a spreadsheet, then divide the payment by time taken to do the job and multiply by 60 minutes to work out how much I earn on each job.
Some very surprising results! But also highlights the jobs that are in need of a rise to keep up with the rest

Ha.. its not just me then!

Yes I do, but lately I will just work out averages over the day. Otherwise I just pee'd off with certain jobs, if my average hourly rate is good then I'm happy.

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 08:02:10 am »

Whats your hourly rate then mate?

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 08:23:11 am »

Yes I do, but lately I will just work out averages over the day. Otherwise I just pee'd off with certain jobs, if my average hourly rate is good then I'm happy.

As Iv got too much work, I feel like I’m in a position to up some jobs , but now offer alternative frequencies as a money saver for them which improves my hourly rate even more.
Iv put 4 jobs up last week , one was a £12 a month , put up to £15 but offered £20 every 2 or £25 every 3 - they’ve gone for every 3 , so Iv turned a £12 job into a £25 job just by mentioning different frequencies which is something I never used to do. And as Iv timed the job , I’m fairly confident in knowing how long it will take

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 08:37:15 am »

As Iv got too much work, I feel like I’m in a position to up some jobs , but now offer alternative frequencies as a money saver for them which improves my hourly rate even more.
Iv put 4 jobs up last week , one was a £12 a month , put up to £15 but offered £20 every 2 or £25 every 3 - they’ve gone for every 3 , so Iv turned a £12 job into a £25 job just by mentioning different frequencies which is something I never used to do. And as Iv timed the job , I’m fairly confident in knowing how long it will take

whats too much work shrek?im virtually part time and i have 329 customers(most 4 weekly)......
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 06:22:37 pm »

whats too much work shrek?im virtually part time and i have 329 customers(most 4 weekly)......

I’m also a part timer daz , with less customers than you too! I just know what enough is for me , and when I have ‘too many’ £12 houses. Iv always wanted to earn as much as I can with very little work. NWH was right when he said about customers not wanting you on their doorstep all the time. You can earn much more by adding longer frequencies and the customers are happy when you turn up. It’s something  2 weekly and 4 weekly Windy’s just won’t understand  :)

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 12:51:19 pm »
i have 85 (8 weekly) jobs and 18 (6 weekly),2 (12 weekly),1 (26 weekly),1(52 weekly)and 222(4weekly)......... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 01:29:31 pm »
Food for thought chaps, I have too many for me now (about 450) could do with putting prices up, timing jobs and creaming the round off.

I also like the sound of the 14" extreme with fans. I've lways used a standard extreme with pencils but paul has just made his setup sound like heaven on earth lol. I shall order one.

paul alan

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
You'll love it