jo5hm4n

Random Customer Stories
« on: June 03, 2018, 12:28:18 pm »
So whats the weirdest or most unusual thing that has ever happened to one of your customers this year or since you started cleaning?

Mine isn't too crazy, but i was trolling through facebook this week(yes i know bla bla) anyway, i came across a story about a man in my area who was nearly killed by a herd of cows.  I read the story and looked at the pictures of which they tore his clothes off and into pieces and basically mauled his back and neck so bad he cant walk properly or anything at the moment.  I realised it's one of my customers.  Guy is about 35 self employed and can't work.  I felt sorry for him, so i know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but i said the next clean was free no questions asked.  He was so thankful because he said he isn't earning at the mo.

Anyway, that's my story for the year lol.

What stories you guys got?  Let's make for some interesting reading for a change, instead of the usual drivel we all post about - *hint hint nathan* Jokes  ;D ;D ;D ;D

big steve

Re: Random Customer Stories
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 03:19:59 pm »
one off mine got done 4 flashing it was in local paper year ago  and had a father and son hang them selves at same time in there house

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 07:29:43 pm »
Was browsing one of the TV mags about 20 years ago and suddenly recognosed a photo of one of my neighbours, also a customer. He was featured in an article about people who turn their hobies into businesses.
His hobby was collecting football magazines from all around the world. He had two garages and built an enormous cabin in his garden all full of filing cabinets full of football related books, magazines and other paraphenalia. He had made a business of selling football information and was earning in excess of £100,000 per year.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:01:46 am »
Was browsing one of the TV mags about 20 years ago and suddenly recognosed a photo of one of my neighbours, also a customer. He was featured in an article about people who turn their hobies into businesses.
His hobby was collecting football magazines from all around the world. He had two garages and built an enormous cabin in his garden all full of filing cabinets full of football related books, magazines and other paraphenalia. He had made a business of selling football information and was earning in excess of £100,000 per year.

i hope you put his price up,.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:05:05 am »
No idea. I don't really speak to any of them on that level. Never seen half of them.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:52:25 am »
turned up at a customers house once and half the windows were smashed(large house too!)dried blood all over the floor/windows/sills etc......apparently the husband had been having an affair with a woman across the road(another customer of mine)and her partner had found out and went round drunk and smashed his windows and ended up in hospital....... ::)roll

around 6 months later the husbands wife took an overdose and committed suicide......i found out as id called to clean his windows and he was sat there howling!(she only died the day before)........ :(

lovely lady too..id been cleaning her windows for many years.......

i never went back again after that.....he sold the house and moved up to scotland last i heard......

ive got loads of stories....most of them really tragic .......posh areas too.....s**t happens everywhere......

Missing Link

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 09:40:28 am »
One of my customer's this weekend:

They're also running friends, but were customer's first.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 09:42:01 am »
one off mine got done 4 flashing it was in local paper year ago  and had a father and son hang them selves at same time in there house

I've had one that got done for that; school children were involved.  He got two years.  Very distressing for his wife.

We still clean her windows; don't have a clue where he ended up.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 05:31:08 pm »
One of my customer's this weekend:

They're also running friends, but were customer's first.
How's he going to run with a broken neck. Some people.

mike1986

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 05:54:18 pm »
One customer I had been cleaning for 10 years plus. Lovely old couple in they’re 80’s. One day the man murdered his wife with a bedside lamp and threw himself under a train the same day. Very sad

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 07:59:39 pm »
I also had a customer years ago on my round who's next door neighbour used to masturbate naked stood on a chair calling out her name sometimes when he came home late at night from the pub!I wouldn't mind but she was old and ugly...... ;D ;D

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 08:11:45 pm »
I once had a customer...….

That used to always pay on time, never complained about anything and never forgot to leave the gate open.

Strange world hey.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 10:33:49 pm »
I once had a customer...….

That used to always pay on time, never complained about anything and never forgot to leave the gate open.

Strange world hey.

If only we had more customers like that.

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 12:41:31 am »
I've a customer who I text the day before and always sends back a text along the lines of 'yeah, fine, what ever'.

He used to leave cash under a flower pot but now pays by bank transfer the same day I clean his windows..

In the 17 years I've been cleaning his windows, I've never met or seen him. I don't know if he has a wife and or children or is gay or what ever or anything about him.

The first time he contacted me was by text message. I sent back the quote by text. He text'd back 'yeah, fine', and I've been cleaning his windows ever since. Every few years I put the price up a bit and he text's back saying 'fine, what ever'.

He has quite a large well looked after tidy house and his gardener of 23 years has never met him either. The place gets re painted every two years inside and out and the same painter has been doing the job for about 16 years and has also never met him as well.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

alank

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 06:54:22 am »
We got quite a few like this. I love customers like these ;D

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 07:19:25 am »
We had a lovely old dear on the round. Always offered a glass of cold orange drink on a hot summer's day over the years. (We seemed to have better summers in those days.  ;D ) She died some 12 years ago now. She was always complaining about how difficult it was to manage on an old age pension.  When we were given the round she and others were paying £4.50 for a 3 bed house build in the 1930's. Access to the rear was over the outside wash room unless they open up for you. But you still had to get up on the washroom roof anyway to clean the landing window. She was very distressed when we raised the price to £6.50.
Her house was always lovely and clean but the internal furnishings were rather dated. I felt very sorry for her tbh. And by extension I also felt very sorry for all the old pensioners struggling to survive. Do they eat or do they heat?

We rocked up to clean the windows a couple of days after her died. The son was there starting to clear out and I could tell he wasn't too charmed. I had never met him so I offered my condolences and said that we were very sorry and we would miss her as she was so nice and hospitable despite struggling to survive on her old age pension.

He said that because of this the family regularily helped her out buying groceries and on ocassion they all chipped in the pay her gas bill in the winter. They would take her shopping etc.
He had just come from the solicitors and she had £254,000 in her bank account. None of them had any idea where she got that from.

I just cracked up with laughter which caught him by surprise. I then told him that she had conned us all. It was only then that he saw the funny side. I hope that the rest of the family saw the funny side as well after that.

I will never forget Mrs X. Even at a sad time she still managed to bring a smile to our faces.
 I hope one day to see her again in the resurrection.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)