Tosh

Checking companies credit status
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:35:01 pm »
Following on from the thread regarding Caps Ltd who uses a company credit checking facility. If so one which one and which is worth having?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Spruce

Re: Checking companies credit status
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 07:02:52 am »
I know of 1 limited company that went to the proverbial wall about 4 months ago and that's still showing as a running concern waiting for the next year-end accounts to be filed.

You want to know what's happening in real time I believe.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 11:12:34 am »
Yes pretty much Spruce. You can have a subscription type account, don't Experian do this type of thing, where you can do a search on any registered company to check their credit worthiness. So far the ones I've looked at want to call you, for some obscure reason, so I've stopped the registration process at that point. I'm suspicious they just want to use it as a marketing phone call.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tom Supreme

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 01:08:37 pm »
Also, pretty much every bank - especially business accounts have this facility as an add on service too